What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Mortimer: A poor clubs Cronk and an overpriced Mortimer

emjaycee

Coach
Pou's circular logic is when I shoot down every argument you have until you run out and start back at the first one again.

Although in your attempt to shoot down every argument, you sometimes ignore the hypothetical nature of some arguments and get stuck on repeat ad nauseum until everyone else just gives up.

#hypotheticalisvalid
#poulogicsux

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Although in your attempt to shoot down every argument, you sometimes ignore the hypothetical nature of some arguments and get stuck on repeat ad nauseum until everyone else just gives up.

#hypotheticalisvalid
#poulogicsux
As always, the truth is somewhere between Pou's agitating and the hypothetical questioning of others.

In summary, you are all shit.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
To be honest, I've never actually found Pous logic to be circular. Straw-man at times and unnecessarily devils advocating most of the time but never circular. I just like returning the agitation to the merkin
Agreed, I was just shit stirring.

He is the ultimate devil's advocate and often advocates when it is not needed, but at least he is consistent. Ugly as sin though.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
They wouldn't be worth the same amount and therefore their teammates would likely look different.

Sorry mate, but it wasn't the greatest hypothetical.
They certainly wouldn't.

I know you love hypotheticals so for arguments sake let's just say Cronk is on $1.2mill and Moses is on $800k. Let's also say with the other 24 players we have in the squad we are $1.2mill lower than the cap. If we go with Cronk we go close to using 100% of the cap and with Moses we go into 2018 using $400k less. We went into this year far less under the cap than that so I don't see how that is so unrealistic.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They certainly wouldn't.

I know you love hypotheticals so for arguments sake let's just say Cronk is on $1.2mill and Moses is on $800k. Let's just say with the other 24 players we have in the squad we are $1.2mill lower than the cap. If we go with Cronk we go close to using 100% of the cap and with Moses we go into 2018 using $400k less. We went into this year far less under the cap than that so I don't see how that is so unrealistic.
Because we obviously intended to round out the squad before the transfer deadline.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Without a devil's advocate simplistic ideas flourish. That benefits nobody except Gary.
No-one is suggesting that a devil's advocate doesn't perform a necessary and important role. We are just suggesting that the most effective devil's advocates are both judicious and circumspect.

Happy MEel

First Grade
...and if they were prepared to gamble this year they could quite conceivably be happy to gamble next year, but still be content with the roster hypothetically $400k under the cap.

All of this is moot though because Moses is coming so I'm not sure why we're arguing our points.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That was a gamble (which looks like paying off) but I think the coaching staff were confident in the roster they had at the start of the season.
I'd say they were confident the squad would be better off not bringing in overpriced players than desperately trying to spend the cap on players we didn't need.

Guys like Vaughan, Segeyaro, Rein and (I think) McInnes were all available. But we were waiting to get the half we actually need. Looks like we might've got him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No-one is suggesting that a devil's advocate doesn't perform a necessary and important role. We are just suggesting that the most effective devil's advocates are both judicious and circumspect.
I'd say the most effective anybody isn't wasting their time here with us deadshits. You get the devil's advocate you deserve.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
...and if they were prepared to gamble this year they could quite conceivably be happy to gamble next year, but still be content with the roster hypothetically $400k under the cap.

All of this is moot though because Moses is coming so I'm not sure why we're arguing our points.
I'm sure that after the dust settled in May 2016 (when there wasn't much value left in the market) we started looking toward 2018. Trying to catch up to 2017's recruitment would just have prolonged the pain.