What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Tommy Smith

Referee
Pearce was every bit as important as SBW, JWH, Friend and Maloney.

They are the "big five". RTS will join the club when he assumes total fullback duties.

You all have nfi given you don't follow the club like we do.

Silky

Juniors
Pearce was picked for Origin when he was too young and too many people touted him as our saviour... he's still only 24 and i think he's got plenty of improvement in him.

I would be disappointed is NSW's #7 was anybody but Pearce this year, but i do think that Carney should be at #6, and i thought that last year... Maloney is solid but Carney can be a match winner.

Pearce was picked for Origin when he was too young and too many people touted him as our saviour... he's still only 24 and i think he's got plenty of improvement in him.

I would be disappointed is NSW's #7 was anybody but Pearce this year, but i do think that Carney should be at #6, and i thought that last year... Maloney is solid but Carney can be a match winner.

:lol::lol::lol:
Tell me .
Is Mythcell going to wake up One morning & overnight developed a decent kicking game?.
My under 14s playmaker has a better kicking game than Pearce has.
A rep quality no7 should have a kicking game.
Pearce cannot get a repeat set in SOO ,not in 3 games.
That is his job..The forwards do the hard yards to get in QLD's 20
He is the supposed PLAYMAKER,yet on the last he just hands the ball over to QLD through a woeful kick or a bomb that he puts up to Tate .

He is nowhere near a rep 7,no matter how much Easts fans think he is .
& his SOO record shows that .
He won a GF.
So did Shane Perry .

Silky

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:
Tell me .
Is Mythcell going to wake up One morning & overnight developed a decent kicking game?.
My under 14s playmaker has a better kicking game than Pearce has.
A rep quality no7 should have a kicking game.
Pearce cannot get a repeat set in SOO ,not in 3 games.
That is his job..The forwards do the hard yards to get in QLD's 20
He is the supposed PLAYMAKER,yet on the last he just hands the ball over to QLD through a woeful kick or a bomb that he puts up to Tate .

He is nowhere near a rep 7,no matter how much Easts fans think he is .
& his SOO record shows that .
He won a GF.
So did Shane Perry .

Doesn't Mitch Pearce hold the record over the last 12 months for forcing the most repeat sets in the NRL?

He might not have delivered at SOO level yet, but i believe it's only a matter of time, and to drop him now AFTER he wins his maiden Grand Final would be a silly thing to do imo

Zigwaa

Bench
I wouldn't mind Carney at 7 but you're wrong about the Sharks. Carney wore 7 when he first came to the Sharks, he struggled and then they put him at 6 and Robson at 7. Both Carney and the rest of the team said how much better it was.
In a lot of teams 7 still controls the forwards and the ruck. That's what happens at the Sharks. Robson directs the team while Carney still has freedom to set up what he wants.
There are still reasons why some players wear 6 and some wear 7.

No, hooker's control the forwards and the ruck. Andew Johns was saying the other night and I agree with him 6 and 7 are like two halfbacks in the modern game and the fullback acts like a 5/8 linking the backs.

Ozzy

First Grade
Carney was the reason they got there in 2010. After he left they went to shit. Last year SBW, Maloney, JWH, Friend, Moa, Cordner, Minichiello, RTS, Jennings all had a bigger impact than Pearce.
:lol: Yeah I saw how well we went in 2011. Personally I would be happy see Pearce play for us during the SoO period. It would greatly improve our chance of winning the games.

Springs

First Grade
No, hooker's control the forwards and the ruck. Andew Johns was saying the other night and I agree with him 6 and 7 are like two halfbacks in the modern game and the fullback acts like a 5/8 linking the backs.

Wow that's funny I guess you know more about how Carney and Robson play than Carney and Robson do.
Joey is talking about how Manly play. But unfortunately not every other team in the RL world play like Manly do. Not everyone gets 2 international halves as their 6 and 7. Joey was playing not that long ago and there's no way he played like he is saying. He was the dominant 7 at all times.

If you look at some players, there's a reason why some wear six and some seven. There is a reason why players like Soward, Mullen and Carney have gone crap at 7 yet great at 6. There is a reason why some fullbacks (Lockyer, Hayne, Widdop, Hoffman) and some locks (Sutton, Anasta) have played at 6 but not 7. There's also a reason why Thurston moved from 7 to 6. Why would he bother changing numbers if the role was exactly the same?

Springs

First Grade
Pearce was every bit as important as SBW, JWH, Friend and Maloney.

They are the "big five". RTS will join the club when he assumes total fullback duties.

You all have nfi given you don't follow the club like we do.

:lol: yes only Roosters fans can see what happens in Roosters games.

I'm an Eels fan. Sandow is actually our no.1 player. Hayne does nothing. You have nfi because you don't follow the club like I do.

Doesn't Mitch Pearce hold the record over the last 12 months for forcing the most repeat sets in the NRL?

He might not have delivered at SOO level yet, but i believe it's only a matter of time, and to drop him now AFTER he wins his maiden Grand Final would be a silly thing to do imo

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jesus H Christ .
So what if he won a GF .
So did Shane Perry.

Does winning a GF suddenly give Pearce a good kicking game?.

The ROOSTERS were LAST in repeat sets last season.

Springs

First Grade
Thank you just please get your facts right before spouting them or you might look foolish.

Fine. After Carney went off the rails and played shit, then they went to shit. Then when he left they were even shitter.
Point being that Pearce is not the reason for their success. When he's had to be their no.1 man, they have gone shit.

Ozzy

First Grade
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jesus H Christ .
So what if he won a GF .
So did Shane Perry.

Does winning a GF suddenly give Pearce a good kicking game?.

The ROOSTERS were LAST in repeat sets last season.
Scoring the most tries last year, especially when they were in the opposition red zone, may have contributed to that.

Ozzy

First Grade
Fine. After Carney went off the rails and played shit, then they went to shit. Then when he left they were even shitter.
Point being that Pearce is not the reason for their success. When he's had to be their no.1 man, they have gone shit.
There wasn't harmony in the team starting from 2011. The belief in the coach was deminishing and we had some bad influences in the team. The Roosters weren't and still aren't a one man team. He isn't the reason for our success, the team is. However, he is an important cog in the team.

betcats

Referee
Scoring the most tries last year, especially when they were in the opposition red zone, may have contributed to that.

Yet NSW get a f**king three on one overlap in the redzone and the geniused merking decides to grubber for himself(knocking on in the process) instead of making a simple pass for a garaunteed try.

The guy doesnt have the class for origin, that one play showed that.

Ozzy

First Grade
Yet NSW get a f**king three on one overlap in the redzone and the geniused merking decides to grubber for himself(knocking on in the process) instead of making a simple pass for a garaunteed try.

The guy doesnt have the class for origin, that one play showed that.
I was talking about the Roosters lack of repeat sets.

Tommy Smith

Referee
:lol: yes only Roosters fans can see what happens in Roosters games.

I'm an Eels fan. Sandow is actually our no.1 player. Hayne does nothing. You have nfi because you don't follow the club like I do.
You're the genius that thinks Sam Moa, as awesome as he is, was mote influential in 2013 than Pearce.

And yes, thanks for admitting that compared to Roosters fans you have nfi about the club and roster.

Oh and we didn't get many repeat sets because we were too busy scoring tries.