What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

adamkungl

Immortal
Here's me getting back to you. We have the future NSW 6 and 7. Get back to ys when your hero in more than ONLY good at club footy.

Hmm it's a tough one Eddie, I can't decide between "Wishful thinking" or "Chronic delusion". Can I ask the audience?

adamkungl

Immortal
Jesus this isn't a Panthers- Roosters thing.

Lets ask all NSW fans who don't follow Panthers or Roosters who they want, Moylan or Pearce?

My vote is Moylan

I haven't mentioned SOO today.. just this factual account of the last 48 hours

Panfers fans having a go at a bloke for beating a reserve grade team when their hero failed to beat a reserve grade team.

But for what it's worth, Panthers fans have all year been the loudest, sookiest voices on the SOO debate. Wonder why that is lol

DiegoNT

First Grade
I haven't mentioned SOO today.. just this factual account of the last 48 hours

Panfers fans having a go at a bloke for beating a reserve grade team when their hero failed to beat a reserve grade team.

But for what it's worth, Panthers fans have all year been the loudest, sookiest voices on the SOO debate. Wonder why that is lol

Maybe they are fustrated that what was meant to be their season has turned to crap and the consolation prize for when your nrl team isn't performing, A chance to win Origin, is being ruined by a guy who has played a huge part in so many series losses

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe they are fustrated that what was meant to be their season has turned to crap and the consolation prize for when your nrl team isn't performing, A chance to win Origin, is being ruined by a guy who has played a huge part in so many series losses

If 'ruined by one guy' is the conclusion you took from watching Origin 2 then maybe watching team sports isn't for you.

But yes they are very frustrated

DiegoNT

First Grade
He wasn't the reason nsw lost, but he should have been the reason they won. Which is everyone's point

Nsws main playmaker went missing when needed the most

He doesn't even need to do anything special. He doesn't need to outplay Thurston, he doesn't need to do the miracle play. He just has to do his job. Similar to what Hodkinson did in 2014.

adamkungl

Immortal
If Mitchell Pearce not being heavily involved in our loss isn't what you've taken out origin 2 then maybe origin isn't for you

He wasn't the reason nsw lost, but he should have been the reason they won. Which is everyone's point

Nsws main playmaker went missing when needed the most

He failed to take control in the final stages, won't find many people denying that.
But there are 5 or 6 other blokes who bombed tries, gave away multiple penalties, left gaping holes in the line for tries. Plus the other half who both failed to take control and stacked up a few defensive errors.

Momentum was against NSW and momentum is a tough thing to turn around especially when the team keeps making mistakes.
There was a moment where Gagai fluffed a Pearce bomb midway through 2nd half resulting in a repeat set... and Hayne threw it over the sideline.

But yeah. Damn Mitch ruining Origin for frustrated Panthers fans again!

adamkungl

Immortal
He doesn't even need to do anything special. He doesn't need to outplay Thurston, he doesn't need to do the miracle play. He just has to do his job. Similar to what Hodkinson did in 2014.

That was literally a miracle play.

DiegoNT

First Grade
He failed to take control in the final stages, won't find many people denying that.
But there are 5 or 6 other blokes who bombed tries, gave away multiple penalties, left gaping holes in the line for tries. Plus the other half who both failed to take control and stacked up a few defensive errors.

But yeah. Damn Mitch ruining Origin for frustrated Panthers fans again!
All origin season we've heared how he has control of this team. How without Farah and Gallen in the way he'd stamp control. How he was now mature. The fact that he got to a lead and the player who's job it was panicked plays a big part in it. The fact that we were constantly defending 7 tackle sets or the opposition were starting there sets on the 30m line was down to a game controller not being able to change his kicking game. The fact that our 2nd rowers and centres were making mistakes because the game controller kept throwing panicky balls out them without a plan is on Pearce. The fact that Maloney made a mistake late in the game because Peace flat out refused to take part in our attack in the last 2 minutes when we were behind is on Pearce. He was supposed to take control. Everything was geared for him to be in control. He panicked and it was up to others to try cover his job.

OldPanther

Coach

Literally my entire problem with him. He also bombed an overlap in game 1. He doesn't take his chances in origin like he does for his club and it's annoying as hell when you care about SOO.

Edit: DiegoNT says it best above me.

Valheru

Coach
All origin season we've heared how he has control of this team. How without Farah and Gallen in the way he'd stamp control. How he was now mature. The fact that he got to a lead and the player who's job it was panicked plays a big part in it. The fact that we were constantly defending 7 tackle sets or the opposition were starting there sets on the 30m line was down to a game controller not being able to change his kicking game. The fact that our 2nd rowers and centres were making mistakes because the game controller kept throwing panicky balls out them without a plan is on Pearce. The fact that Maloney made a mistake late in the game because Peace flat out refused to take part in our attack in the last 2 minutes when we were behind is on Pearce. He was supposed to take control. Everything was geared for him to be in control. He panicked and it was up to others to try cover his job.

What an absolute load of garbage.

As Adam said, he failed to take the game by the scruff of the neck in the last 20, no denying that.

Having said that we did have QLD pegged on their own 10m line at tackle 3 with 7 minutes to go. Now, I am far from a Rugby League tactical genius but that isn't a bad position to be in. If Wade Graham doesn't stupidly strip the ball we are 99% to win that game.

Have you found a way to blame Pearce for that yet?

DiegoNT

First Grade
What an absolute load of garbage.

As Adam said, he failed to take the game by the scruff of the neck in the last 20, no denying that.

Having said that we did have QLD pegged on their own 10m line at tackle 3 with 7 minutes to go. Now, I am far from a Rugby League tactical genius but that isn't a bad position to be in. If Wade Graham doesn't stupidly strip the ball we are 99% to win that game.

Have you found a way to blame Pearce for that yet?

Wade Graham made a mistake so Pearce is off the hook?

Like saying there's nothing wrong with the broken suspension on my car because a tail light is broken

Latest posts