What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Valheru

Coach
Wade Graham made a mistake so Pearce is off the hook?

Like saying there's nothing wrong with the broken suspension on my car because a tail light is broken

No, you are trying to blame Pearce for every other mistake during the game so I was just curious if you blame him for that one.

Your analogy is completely off by the way, replace broken tail light with complete engine failure and you are getting closer. The car gets to the finish line without that Graham 'mistake'.

DiegoNT

First Grade
No, you are trying to blame Pearce for every other mistake during the game so I was just curious if you blame him for that one.

Your analogy is completely off by the way, replace broken tail light with complete engine failure and you are getting closer. The car gets to the finish line without that Graham 'mistake'.
Do we? Momentum had swung well before the graham mistake.

SBD82

Coach
As Adam said, he failed to take the game by the scruff of the neck in the last 20, no denying that.

This is the pertinent point that is being lost in all of this whataboutery.

He failed to play his role.

And he has never controlled an origin game, despite 17 chances.

Forget all of the other players and remember that Pearce has never delivered a performance worthy of a NSW no. 7 jersey.

OldPanther

Coach

Forget all of the other players and remember that Pearce has never delivered a performance worthy of a NSW no. 7 jersey.

Everyone else "Pearce didn't do his particular job again"

Roosters fans "Other players lost the game for us"

Everyone else "?"

adamkungl

Immortal

Control only seems to apply when looking for a scapegoat.

In the 5 games he won, you guys say he played no valuable part. Control doesn't apply here apparently.
In the games we lose, even when he's played reasonably well, an intangible like control is used to crucify him.

After the first few losses, the bar has been set so high that he needs to be Joey and Fittler rolled into one superbeing to even get a shred of recognition.

If NSW win game 3, he'll still get bagged.
If he kicks deep they'll say his bombs 'didnt have enough loft'.
If he scores a try he'll be bagged for not getting 2 repeat sets.
If he sets one up it will be called a routine pass and the runner did all the work.
If he has a 'controlled' game without any huge plays Maloney will get the credit.
And If he has a blinder and does all of the above, it will still be downplayed as QLD having injuries.

How can we forget all the other players when it was other players --- notably Wade Graham and Jarryd Hayne -- who were guilty of bad plays or decisions which cost NSW a victory last Wednesday.

In the 5 games he won, you guys say he played no valuable part. Control doesn't apply here apparently.
In the games we lose, even when he's played reasonably well, an intangible like control is used to crucify him.

After the first few losses, the bar has been set so high that he needs to be Joey and Fittler rolled into one superbeing to even get a shred of recognition.

If he sets one up it will be called a routine pass and the runner did all the work.
If he has a 'controlled' game without any huge plays Maloney will get the credit.
And If he has a blinder and does all of the above, it will still be downplayed as QLD having injuries.
Dickriding fanboi

SBD82

Coach

Forget the game by game analysis.

Name one time that Mitchell Pearce has put in a performance in origin to clinch, seal or turn a game for the blues.

After 17 performances It shouldn't be hard for you to find one. He is our f**king halfback.

SBD82

Coach
How can we forget all the other players when it was other players --- notably Wade Graham and Jarryd Hayne -- who were guilty of bad plays or decisions which cost NSW a victory last Wednesday.
I don't care about Wednesday.

I care about the past decade of Pearce not performing.

If you want to have a debate about Hayne or graham do it in another thread.

This thread is about Mitchell Pearce.

adamkungl

Immortal
Forget the game by game analysis.

Name one time that Mitchell Pearce has put in a performance in origin to clinch, seal or turn a game for the blues.

After 17 performances It shouldn't be hard for you to find one. He is our f**king halfback.

Shrug. No ones denying he's been outplayed by the Thurston-Cronk/Lockyer-Smith combo comprehensively in tight games.
I don't believe that responsibility for defeating the greatest Origin team of all time falls on the shoulders of one position or person, nor do I think anyone else NSW has available could have done much better in the circumstances.

Talk about Hodkinson if you want, but the loss of Cronk was a huge factor. At least Pearce will get his chance to match that achievement in 2 weeks.

SBD82

Coach
Shrug. No ones denying he's been outplayed by the Thurston-Cronk/Lockyer-Smith combo comprehensively in tight games.
I don't believe that responsibility for defeating the greatest Origin team of all time falls on the shoulders of one position or person, nor do I think anyone else NSW has available could have done much better in the circumstances.

Talk about Hodkinson if you want, but the loss of Cronk was a huge factor. At least Pearce will get his chance to match that achievement in 2 weeks.
And I sincerely hope he takes that opportunity with both hands.

But you'll forgive me if I have my doubts.

Life's Good

Coach

I have been guilty of taking the p*ss out of Pearce. Not denying his club talent or what he has achieved at club level at all. Thing is you say no one is denying he has been out played by Smith, Cronk...... You then go on to say it shouldn't fall on one person to defeat them. Unfortunately, it does. No one is saying he had to win ALL those games/series by himself but there have been times when NSW were in a position to win as a direct result of the players around him yet Pearce has fallen flat. The reverse IS true of Thurston in that he does get all the plaudits for clutch plays because he WANTS the ball, WANTS the responsibility, WANTS to win. And if the thinking is 'well Thurston is the GOAT' then how do you explain NSW winning a series without Pearce??

Good to see there is some sort of roster system for Chooks fans to come in here and bat away the critisism.

Pearce is shit at Origin. Pearce is good at club footy. Done.

He's 100 x the player DCE is at any level, so quit the boring, regurgitated bullshit will you.

He's the premier half in the competition, all of you numpties who support inferior clubs just have that old tall poppy syndrome.

soc123_au

Staff member
He's 100 x the player DCE is at any level, so quit the boring, regurgitated bullshit will you.

He's the premier half in the competition, all of you numpties who support inferior clubs just have that old tall poppy syndrome.
I'd have him at Penrith. Provided Gowie came in as halves coach. While the rest of the team is off on road runs, Gowie can chase Pearce around Panthers car park in a golf cart.

POPEYE

Coach
I'd have him at Penrith. Provided Gowie came in as halves coach. While the rest of the team is off on road runs, Gowie can chase Pearce around Panthers car park in a golf cart.
Mary, Des, Sticky, Madge, Cleary, Green, Kearney and Brown could use him, not sure Laurie knows what to tell him