What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Sargent sacked for cocaine !!!!!

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
JessEel said:
mark sargent worked for the knights, mitchell sargent just made a dick of himself :(

What a dick I am. I am really embrassed :oops::oops::oops::oops:, I send my apoligise to Mark and label what I said to Mitchell.
It's no excuse for typing the wrong name, but I was talking to my friend Mark when I was typing my reply. I will be reading what I type next time.

stiffmeister

Bench
eelavation said:
so when you sit down with you son at the footy and you say to him, son..this guy plays hard, trains well is a good bloke and smokes crack in private...I want you to be like him.

that's acceptable is it??

Like anything else, as long as its in moderation

Utey

Coach
the_eel said:
I don't like to say this but I do know for a fact of several current players using cocaine.....very very ordinary in my opinion and i'd love to see them all caught. I want rugby league players to be people my kids can look up to!

Rugby league players are not be role models! Sure some ppl idolise them but I think calling them a role model is too farfetched.

Utey

Coach
CrazyEel said:
So is murder, though some call it war in an attempt to make it legal.

Yeah dont get me started on that, I could go forever. F*cken Bush.

Stagger eel

Staff member
what Stiff does or takes in his spare time is up to him, he's an adult [I think] and is old enough to make those lifestyle choices therefore I don't care what happens to him, however to encourage children to take drugs, even in moderation is bordering along the lines of lunacy.

CrazyEel

Bench
<UPtheEELS> said:
Yeah dont get me started on that, I could go forever. F*cken Bush.
I could go on a lot longer and a lot further back mate :lol:
I was one of the "lucky" ones to have a govt all expenses paid 18 month vacation in Nam :roll:

Utey

Coach
CrazyEel said:
I could go on a lot longer and a lot further back mate :lol:
I was one of the "lucky" ones to have a govt all expenses paid 18 month vacation in Nam :roll:

Sorry to hear that, disgraceful administration. Wont be long before more and more of our troops head over in the search to find WOMD :roll:

Tank30

Juniors
eelavation said:
so when you sit down with you son at the footy and you say to him, son..this guy plays hard, trains well is a good bloke and smokes crack in private...I want you to be like him.

that's acceptable is it??

For sure....

I for one want my son to be like me..I will be the positive role model for my son to make him into the type of person who can make his choice...

Sorry Eela but if your child uses cocaine because a footballer did it, you have failed as a parent...

I for one am sick and tired of people being role models just because they are in the public eye..FFS they are just people, if you want your child to have a positive role model, try filling that role yourself...

I idolised Ian Roberts when I was a young bloke, and I didn't become homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that). I also thought blocker was a champion butI never patted a ref on the head.

If you want to point to a player on the field and say "Son, see how Fui hits the ball up. That is how a front rower runs the ball." that is fine. Would you also say "Son, That is Fui. See how he nearly decaptiated Brent Kite. I want you to be like him". Sorry but you are an idiot.

No different with Mitchell Sargent.."Son, he is a strong front rower. Run the ball and tackle like him". NOT "Son, take cocaine like him". Seems like common sense to me but maybe I am an idiot..

I think it is important to take a step back and realise that these blokes live in glass houses with every moved watched in case the do or say something controversial. This is not easy. They are 20-30 yr old blokes, if any of you can say that you never did anything stupid during those years you are a liar.

To follow the logic of some in this thread, I should point at you lot and discuss what terrible role models you are for children.:crazy:

Tank30

Juniors
eelavation said:
however to encourage children to take drugs, even in moderation is bordering along the lines of lunacy.

Must have missed the bit where Mitchell said "Hey kids, cocaine is awesome. Go get yourself some"..

The problem with society at the moment is that everything is someone else's fault. It is not my fault that I am a drug addict, bloody mitchell sargent used it and that is why...PLEASE!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tank30 said:
Must have missed the bit where Mitchell said "Hey kids, cocaine is awesome. Go get yourself some"..

The problem with society at the moment is that everything is someone else's fault. It is not my fault that I am a drug addict, bloody mitchell sargent used it and that is why...PLEASE!!!
couldn't agree more people should start being responsible for there own actions. sick of people blaming the goverment,sportsmen,actors,rockstars it's just a cop out. that's my vent for the evening.

Hellsy

Immortal
Agree with you there Tank!

Mitchel is big enough to worry about himself, and if anything his sacking can make something bad into something positive to kids:
"Dad, why doesn't Sarge play footy anymore?"
"Well son, that is because he used drugs which are illegal"

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tank30 said:
For sure....

I for one want my son to be like me..I will be the positive role model for my son to make him into the type of person who can make his choice...

Sorry Eela but if your child uses cocaine because a footballer did it, you have failed as a parent...

I for one am sick and tired of people being role models just because they are in the public eye..FFS they are just people, if you want your child to have a positive role model, try filling that role yourself...

I idolised Ian Roberts when I was a young bloke, and I didn't become homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that). I also thought blocker was a champion butI never patted a ref on the head.

If you want to point to a player on the field and say "Son, see how Fui hits the ball up. That is how a front rower runs the ball." that is fine. Would you also say "Son, That is Fui. See how he nearly decaptiated Brent Kite. I want you to be like him". Sorry but you are an idiot.

No different with Mitchell Sargent.."Son, he is a strong front rower. Run the ball and tackle like him". NOT "Son, take cocaine like him". Seems like common sense to me but maybe I am an idiot..

I think it is important to take a step back and realise that these blokes live in glass houses with every moved watched in case the do or say something controversial. This is not easy. They are 20-30 yr old blokes, if any of you can say that you never did anything stupid during those years you are a liar.

To follow the logic of some in this thread, I should point at you lot and discuss what terrible role models you are for children.:crazy:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If I could shake your hand now mate, I would

Nikki

Coach
eelavation said:
I just text Nikki to tell her...I think i made the girl cry :(

You did!!! :( :( :cry:

He only has himself to blame... But why?? Its so cliche to say thats not is thing.. But I honestly thought that would not have been Mitch's thing...

caylo

Bench
half said:
imagine if rappers got sacked for cocaine i'd have no music left to listen to
good mabey u should listen to good music :D
i wish they would arrest them all