What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Sargent sacked for cocaine !!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:
im so upset for him, he just played his first representative season, he was improving in leaps and bounds, what was he thinking :(

I might just snort my NRL career away...I mightn't have a job at the end of it, but sh*t I'll feel good.

seriously, I'm pretty cut up at him at the moment.

fish eel

Immortal
I'm not upset for him

If he is dumb enough to do that crap.

I mean seriously, do these footballers need to have their hands held and be baby sat?

half

Coach
imagine if rappers got sacked for cocaine i'd have no music left to listen to

the bulldogs could really learn from the example set by the cowboys here imo. the rules are the rules and it's refreshing to see sargent accept resonsibility for his actions and not do the usual i'm innocent hoopla. and god damn i hate the bulldogs

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/cocaine-test-traps-cowboy/2006/08/24/1156012658979.html

Cowboy sacked for cocaine
Email Print Normal font Large font Brad Walter
August 24, 2006 - 4:03PM

mitchellsargent2_narrowweb__300x392,0.jpg

North Queensland prop Mitchell Sargent has been sacked and may face a two-year ban after returning a positive drugs test.

Sargent, a first-grade player who represented NSW Country earlier this year, tested positive to cocaine, Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr announced this afternoon.

"Mitchell Sargent had a promising career with the Cowboys until today," Mr Parr said.

"The message to our players is clear - use drugs and you are out."

The club was notifed yesterday that Sargent had tested positive in an initial "A" test conducted on Sunday.

He was immediately summoned to the club for a meeting yesterday.

At that meeting Sargent admitted using cocaine after the game on Saturday and waived his right to a second "B" test, the club said in a statement.

A drugs tribunal hearing is expected to be convened as soon as possible.

News of the positive follows the Herald's report on Tuesday of an increased campaign by the newly formed Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.

ouch...

parra pete

Referee
Reminds me of the old beer drinking song...

"Who's that man with the big red nose.
Oh ah oh ah ah"

stiffmeister

Bench
So what, he wants to feel good & he gets punished for it? Whats the difference between drinking & injecting?. You get the same result. Who here doesn't drink?

The stiff has spoken

Drinking is Legal, and Injecting is not.

and no matter if you think that is right or wrong,

That is the Rule of the Land.

the_eel

Juniors
I don't like to say this but I do know for a fact of several current players using cocaine.....very very ordinary in my opinion and i'd love to see them all caught. I want rugby league players to be people my kids can look up to!

Stagger eel

Staff member
stiff-meister eel said:
So what, he wants to feel good & he gets punished for it? Whats the difference between drinking & injecting?. You get the same result. Who here doesn't drink?

The stiff has spoken

so when you sit down with you son at the footy and you say to him, son..this guy plays hard, trains well is a good bloke and smokes crack in private...I want you to be like him.

that's acceptable is it??