What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moderators

roopy

Referee
lol

You were the moderator, and I had to have back-up?

:lol:

What back-up do I have now?

This thread is about moderating and you were the single worst moderator in the history of forums.

The threads are still there by the way. I was having a chuckle at them again a little while back.
Was that where we set up a forum designed to get the abusive twats away from the decent posters and let them go as silly as they liked?

I was pretty happy with how that worked out - all the idiots successfully led to the asylum and given the keys to play with.

We haven't had to put up with you since.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The potted history.

All was peace and love on the World of Rugby League forum in 2000 till Legend posted a hugely abusive tirade directed at Matt Gidley. A moderator named McCavity deleted his tirade, causing said Legend to go to war with the tyranical administrator, MattO. Many of the senior posters, Willow, Ozbash, GavBT (the namer of the Firkin Fun bar), El diablo (now El Dugue), Moffat Fan Club (now Moffo) myself and approximately 10 others joined the new site set up by Legend - named Legend's World of Sport. The original moderators were Legend, Willow, Gav and Ozbash from memory, and Moffo and myself were appointed when the site got 100 members.

The LWOS site reached the massive size of 1000 members posting between 700 and 1200 posts a week between 2001 and 2003 - or roughly the size of our present International section.

Legend and Willow made the plan to move the community to a better format and so they had more control. There were four or five attempts to move that failed due to the 150 or so regular posters on LWOS being comfortable with the msn format and not willing to move. It finally happened when all the moderators walked out of LWOS, as suggested by Moffo.

For the record, the LWOS forum was the highest standard forum I have been part of. What it lacked in quantity it made up in quality.

it was El Duque after http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Hernández

i moved LWOS to these crap forums http://legendsworldofsports.multiply.com/

can't find sh*t there though'

bloody msn twinkies shutting down :evil:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
told ya

i love it though

milly is evil and somethings never change.

cricket forum with locky mod, you are a terrorist ea, i am off to drop a roopy

lol

roopy

Referee
The funny thing was that EA thought he and others were playing up so much that i lost control - but i started with the plan to have them all fighting with each other till they either got over it or settled in as permanent residents of the mad house.

I went round the forum inviting every problem poster i could find to join, and designed a game where they all got to play moderator and get stuck into each other.

EA was played so well, he hasn't been a problem since.

Was that where we set up a forum designed to get the abusive twats away from the decent posters and let them go as silly as they liked?

Yeah, the same one you couldn't moderate because you couldn't handle it.

LOL

And by the way, you did have back-up, if I remember correctly, Roosterphin was it... :lol:

I was pretty happy with how that worked out - all the idiots successfully led to the asylum and given the keys to play with.

So Matt is an idiot?

Didn't he lead you through moderating when you first started?

You do know that TFC is moderated don't you?

By Matt.

We haven't had to put up with you since.

Ditto.

I can't recall seeing your snivellng arse in TFC for a number of years.

I hate seeing grown men cry....

millersnose

Post Whore
hevy

4 times now you have accussed me of making up my own rules

i still note you havent provided a single example

such a dishonest accusation is par for the course with people like mong i am surprised you are sticking with it

i thought more of you than that though

roopy

Referee
Ditto.

I can't recall seeing your snivellng arse in TFC for a number of years.

I hate seeing grown men cry....
You were played.
We wanted you and your mates away from the NRL and other forums, and off you trotted like a good little gimp.
I made up the plan - put it to admin in the moderators forum - and pulled it off.
I've delt with PDs like you all my working life, and you arn't even a good one.

HevyDevy

Coach
hevy

4 times now you have accussed me of making up my own rules

i still note you havent provided a single example

such a dishonest accusation is par for the course with people like mong i am surprised you are sticking with it

i thought more of you than that though

:lol: No you didn't.

I just don't think there was any real need to do what you did. Believe it or not I'm not actually trying to make a big issue of it, I just thought it was excessive. Most (except Willow, not surprisingly) agree with me.

To be honest I just think you were bored and wanted something to do, so you 'moderated'. Given that Roopy and I were the only two contributing to the thread at that point I don't see what the big deal is.

There are times when you need to moderate and others where you should probably just shrug your shoulders and move on because it really doesn't matter. This, I believe, I was one of those latter times.

millersnose

Post Whore
:lol: No you didn't.

I just don't think there was any real need to do what you did.

you are entitled to your view

i dont share it

Believe it or not I'm not actually trying to make a big issue of it

lol

, I just thought it was excessive. Most (except Willow, not surprisingly) agree with me.

lol

so mong and roopy are with you

congrats
To be honest I just think you were bored and wanted something to do, so you 'moderated'. Given that Roopy and I were the only two contributing to the thread at that point I don't see what the big deal is.

you are implying i lied

i didnt

i dont like to see topics degenerate into spiteful tit for tat slap matches and i decided i would take an active role in 4c to moderate

realistically the only active mod we ever had on this forum was dean moriarty but his twice a month visits werent enough in my view

others took no role whatsoever in moderating

There are times when you need to moderate and others where you should probably just shrug your shoulders and move on because it really doesn't matter. This, I believe, I was one of those latter times.

as i said you are entitled to that view and to express it

i dont share that view

millersnose

Post Whore
oh and you still have not backed your claim that i am making up rules

provide that and i will resign immediately and apologise publically to you

if you cannot i think you should be man enough to withdraw that accusation

HevyDevy

Coach
Well you're the mod and I have no say at the end of the day, so congrats on that, but as you say I'm entitled to my view and I have expressed it.

HevyDevy

Coach
oh and you still have not backed your claim that i am making up rules

provide that and i will resign immediately and apologise publically to you

if you cannot i think you should be man enough to withdraw that accusation

I'm not trying to get you to resign Millers, even if your paranoia leads you to believe that I am.

However, as far as I know being 'bored' by a conversation isn't grounds upon which to hack a thread in two.

Latest posts