What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I'll say one thing for all these Dragon supporters, they are certainly prolific posters when discussing a subject. I have found some very funny, some boring, some just wrong and yes, some probably right. What ever the outcome is with Moltzen's signing, I can't doubt their passion for their team. I'd bet they have more posts than us in this one.

Father Ted

First Grade
Considering it's the off season and he doesn't have much else to do I'm surprised it's taken so long.

Anyway, it's just been announced that the Dragons are not seeking to register him for 2012 so he'll be playing for us. I'm very disappointed.

Thank God we dodged a bullet there.

Fordy20

Juniors
I do think if all parties had nutted this out back in July things may have been different.

All in all, a disappointing result. Sucks to be a Tigers fan. Tim's a Tiger for life now, because no other club would trust negotiating with Tauber after all that. Good on the Dragons for taking the high road.

minge

Bench
Congratulations West Tigers.........you got your man. Although it appears that half this forum dont want him even for half the money Dragons offered him.

Doust got done over bad..........he should have expected it.

Humphreys comes from thieving crim stock........should have expected he was a thieving crim as well.

Father Ted

First Grade
Funny now you have him you don't appear that keen

Tigers in no hurry to re-sign Moltzen
Joe Barton

Wests Tigers fullback Tim Moltzen might have resolved his playing destination for 2012, but his NRL future beyond that is far from secure.
The talented custodian was delighted to hear St George Illawarra would not register the three-year contract he had signed, allowing him to remain with Wests Tigers next season.
But having given up on a guaranteed three-year payday from the Dragons, Moltzen - who could be sidelined for up to six months with a shoulder injury - has been left to sweat on a new deal from the Tigers.
Moltzen comes off contract at the end of 2012, but Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys said the club was in no rush to reward the 23-year-old's decision to turn his back on the Dragons.
"That was clearly a decision Tim made, so that's really not a responsibility for us," Humphreys told AAP.
"Tim has his views on the matter and I think he's expressed those and so that's really all there is to that.
"... We do (have a lot of faith in Tim as a prospect), but (his re-signing is) certainly not something we'll look at until next year.
"We've spoken to Tim and his manager, and they're aware it's not something we'll look at or discuss until next year.
"It's good to have it resolved. I think that's in everyone's best interests."
Humphreys said the decision was a win for everyone who hoped to see one-club players in the NRL.
"One of the things we like to talk about in our game is that players can play at the clubs where they came through rather than be pushed into a draft situation like other codes," he explained.
"One of the good things about rugby league is the players can end up having long careers at the clubs they want to be at.
"From that point of view, I think a lot of people would be pleased that Tim's able to play where he wants to play."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8370050

Bang

Juniors

Joe Barton

Wests Tigers fullback Tim Moltzen might have resolved his playing destination for 2012, but his NRL future beyond that is far from secure.
The talented custodian was delighted to hear St George Illawarra would not register the three-year contract he had signed, allowing him to remain with Wests Tigers next season.
But having given up on a guaranteed three-year payday from the Dragons, Moltzen - who could be sidelined for up to six months with a shoulder injury - has been left to sweat on a new deal from the Tigers.
Moltzen comes off contract at the end of 2012, but Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys said the club was in no rush to reward the 23-year-old's decision to turn his back on the Dragons.
"That was clearly a decision Tim made, so that's really not a responsibility for us," Humphreys told AAP.
"Tim has his views on the matter and I think he's expressed those and so that's really all there is to that.
"... We do (have a lot of faith in Tim as a prospect), but (his re-signing is) certainly not something we'll look at until next year.
"We've spoken to Tim and his manager, and they're aware it's not something we'll look at or discuss until next year.
Humphreys said the decision was a win for everyone who hoped to see one-club players in the NRL.
"One of the things we like to talk about in our game is that players can play at the clubs where they came through rather than be pushed into a draft situation like other codes," he explained.
"One of the good things about rugby league is the players can end up having long careers at the clubs they want to be at.
"From that point of view, I think a lot of people would be pleased that Tim's able to play where he wants to play."

Tigers have been linked with Dugan (As have the Dragons and Rosters) plus they have Miller to play half in the future. Moltzen may find himself out in the cold.
Even if Dugan does not come the Tigers have a number of promising players coming through in the positions that Moltzen plays.

Bench
Tigers have been linked with Dugan (As have the Dragons and Rosters) plus they have Miller to play half in the future. Moltzen may find himself out in the cold.
Even if Dugan does not come the Tigers have a number of promising players coming through in the positions that Moltzen plays.
Dugan won't be at the WestsTigers or Canberra in 2013,but we have Miller at 7 and Tedesco at 1 who are stars of the future,we are doing ok.

Joe Barton

Probably waiting for the verdict on Lui. I don't think both Moltzen and Lui will be with us next year, it'll be one or the other (hopefully Moltzen, Lui should be deregistered).

Dragons01

First Grade
The more Humphreys speaks the more he looks like a complete idiot. So he is saying he is happy and how it is a win for everyone who hoped to see one-club players in the NRL and how players can be at clubs that they came through and in the same breath he says they mightn't be signing Moltzen long term(what happened to the one club player).

The Tigers didn't seem to think about Moltzen or any one club player when they gave Moltzen and other juniors permission to look around at other clubs in July so they could sign Blair from Melbourne. The guy should really just keep quiet.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
That apple certainly hasn't fallen very far from the tree.

A merkin with zero integrity. I'm glad Humpty & Shines don't have anything to do with my club.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Dugan won't be at the WestsTigers or Canberra in 2013,but we have Miller at 7 and Tedesco at 1 who are stars of the future,we are doing ok.

Both Miller and Tedesco are only contracted for 2012. Neither will be short of offers from rival clubs.

I wonder what both these kids are thinking now we have resigned Moltzen probably for life.

Latest posts