What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

saints4ever

First Grade
Doust invited the Tigers to reconsider its position on Moltzen. No release and you leave the door open.

Any business would reconsider its positions based on Moltzen's form at the end of season.

It is laughable to suggest the Tigers owe the Dragons anything.

So why all the squealing?

once again, I call bullshit. If lui wasn't arrested tigers wouldn't give a flying f**k about moltzen. He was excess baggage until then. I point to the Chris sandow deal. after he signed with parra souffs made a big song and dance about getting him back before June 30, when they had a fair and legal course to do so. Sandow was quoted as saying "ive signed a contract"

So there you go, even an ex souths player can teach the tigers a thing or two. The tigers owe no one anything, except perhaps their fans who will one day rue the grubby tactics on show

Juniors
Doust invited the Tigers to reconsider its position on Moltzen. No release and you leave the door open.

Any business would reconsider its positions based on Moltzen's form at the end of season.

It is laughable to suggest the Tigers owe the Dragons anything.

So why all the squealing?

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Should Boyd have come back to the Dragons and said i want to so badly stay PRIOR to his release being formalised and Doust NOT done eveything in his power to keep him than he should be sacked immediately. Any good CEO should would want to keep his best playing roster.

How far he would go to keep him depending on legal advice, the exact situation etc may differ as may the end result but in the first instance he should be scrambling the ensure his retention.

Any Dragons fan that disagrees is a downright lyer. (or lier. not even google knows how to spell it)

BTW its just an example, Boyd is a world class player, Moltzen is not so im not comparing the 2.

Juniors
once again, I call bullshit. If lui wasn't arrested tigers wouldn't give a flying f**k about moltzen. He was excess baggage until then. I point to the Chris sandow deal. after he signed with parra souffs made a big song and dance about getting him back before June 30, when they had a fair and legal course to do so. Sandow was quoted as saying "ive signed a contract"

So there you go, even an ex souths player can teach the tigers a thing or two. The tigers owe no one anything, except perhaps their fans who will one day rue the grubby tactics on show

Maybe a Souths player can teach u something. Thats the worst example of all. Main difference being that Sandow wanted to go. Period. End of discussion.

If he wanted to stay for less money than the Rabbitohs may have flexed their legal muscles and tried to keep him.

andrew9148

Juniors
This is 110% correct, if Lui was not in strife Moltz would be in the gong today pre season training in a red v singlet.

The tigers would have had no need to play the "not released" trump card.

Bubbles do you think it's 100 % certain that lui won't be a tiger in 2012 ?

saints4ever

First Grade
Are you kidding me?
Tigers told moltzen to look around.
Parra offered sandow more money.

Moltzen signed, so did sandow. Souths tried to do a tigers THE RIGHT way and got shut down by their own player. Sandow was red hot after he signed and souths realised they should have kept him.

saints4ever

First Grade
Maybe a Souths player can teach u something. Thats the worst example of all. Main difference being that Sandow wanted to go. Period. End of discussion.

If he wanted to stay for less money than the Rabbitohs may have flexed their legal muscles and tried to keep him.

Dude are you kidding me? how can you not see the similarity between the two? Both players form improved after signing with other teams, both original teams wanted to get them back. The only difference is souths tried to do it the legal way in the middle of the season, and the tigers did after the season was over. Also, sandow had the integrity to say no, moltzen didn't. Souths were right (even when they were wrong) tigers weren't.

Juniors
Dude are you kidding me? how can you not see the similarity between the two? Both players form improved after signing with other teams, both original teams wanted to get them back. The only difference is souths tried to do it the legal way in the middle of the season, and the tigers did after the season was over. Also, sandow had the integrity to say no, moltzen didn't. Souths were right (even when they were wrong) tigers weren't.

The main difference is still the same in my Opinion unless im missing something and Sandow did infact want to stay at the Rabbits after signing with Parra, i honestly dont know if that did happen. If so ignore my previous and following.

If at no point Sandow had a change of heart than there is no similarity. If Crowe had convinced him to stay and Sandow agreed i believe the situation would have turned out very different.

I do not agree with Moltzens actions nor do i really want him at the Tigers BUT the main factor in this mess that makes it different to most others is that Moltzen does not want to go elsewhere. Even after being shown the door he still puts his pride aside and comes crawling back. U can not blame the kid though, his heart is at the tigers as are his mates.

All moral aspects aside He wants to stay. Why would the Dragons want to pay someone to be there whos heart is elsewhere. How would the other Dragons players take him in after this.

Lets just work out how the Dragons would be compensated and get on with it.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The difference is Sandow was off contract, whereas Moltzen is contracted to the Tigers in 2012.

A release was not been given as Doust confirmed in a media statement.

The 3 year contract by the Dragons reminds me of Neville Chamberlain and the infamous piece of paper he presented to the British public prior to WW11.

saints4ever

First Grade
The main difference is still the same in my Opinion unless im missing something and Sandow did infact want to stay at the Rabbits after signing with Parra, i honestly dont know if that did happen. If so ignore my previous and following.

If at no point Sandow had a change of heart than there is no similarity. If Crowe had convinced him to stay and Sandow agreed i believe the situation would have turned out very different.

I do not agree with Moltzens actions nor do i really want him at the Tigers BUT the main factor in this mess that makes it different to most others is that Moltzen does not want to go elsewhere. Even after being shown the door he still puts his pride aside and comes crawling back. U can not blame the kid though, his heart is at the tigers as are his mates.

All moral aspects aside He wants to stay. Why would the Dragons want to pay someone to be there whos heart is elsewhere. How would the other Dragons players take him in after this.

Lets just work out how the Dragons would be compensated and get on with it.

I don't for one minute believe moltzen had a change of heart either, he never wanted to leave. This has been well documented. It's also documented that the tigers didn't give a f**k about him or his wishes four months ago, they had an agenda to sign Blair, and told moltzen it would be in his best interests to seek out offers. Now the tigers are playing the "feel sorry for Tim, he wants to stay" line when they told him to look elsewhere! Sandows deal was up, souths were not going to offer him what parra was so he left. Moltzen was told to go, signed a contract and was told by the tigers months later not to go to his new team meetings or take phone calls coz they need him now and he won't be playing with Dragons next year. Disgraceful behaviour.

And I can and do blame moltzen for a lot of this. He signed the contract did he not? why would he if he was wanted by the club? I wasn't too fussed when we signed him, though was looking forward to seeing what he could do given a different team environment. The way he has carried on makes me very glad we aren't getting him, after all this I couldnt bring myself to respect him in our colours.

Anyways we are always going to agree to disagree on this. I feel this whole mess could've been prevented with a phone call from humpty to doust saying sorry we aren't releasing him. It's not dousts job to enquirie about these things, It's the player managers job. Doust was told it wouldn't be an issue, when clearly it is the obly issue keeping this fiasco going. The whole affair reeks

Fordy20

Juniors
Anyways we are always going to agree to disagree on this. I feel this whole mess could've been prevented with a phone call from humpty to doust saying sorry we aren't releasing him. It's not dousts job to enquirie about these things, It's the player managers job. Doust was told it wouldn't be an issue, when clearly it is the obly issue keeping this fiasco going. The whole affair reeks

So if it's not Doust's job to inquire about the Moltzen's status with the Tigers, how come it's Humphreys responsibility to inform the Dragons about Moltzen's status with the Tigers? The double standards here are astounding.

You've said the Tigers didn't give a shit about Moltzen until Lui got charged. If we assume for a moment that this is true and we also assume that the Dragons did not know of Moltzen's contractual status for 2012 prior to Humphreys clearly stating that Moltzen hadn't been given a formal release, then you should be able to admit that Doust had at least three months in which they could have simply asked for Tim to be released and it would have been granted.

Fingerbang

Bench
So if it's not Doust's job to inquire about the Moltzen's status with the Tigers, how come it's Humphreys responsibility to inform the Dragons about Moltzen's status with the Tigers? The double standards here are astounding.

You've said the Tigers didn't give a shit about Moltzen until Lui got charged. If we assume for a moment that this is true and we also assume that the Dragons did not know of Moltzen's contractual status for 2012 prior to Humphreys clearly stating that Moltzen hadn't been given a formal release, then you should be able to admit that Doust had at least three months in which they could have simply asked for Tim to be released and it would have been granted.
You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby, right round right round.

saints4ever

First Grade

Firstly, because as has been said on here over and over Tim Moltzen was told to negotiate another deal next year by humpty. Moltzen did not want to test his worth, or get out of his deal. He was basically set up for auction by the Tigers. The fact is he found another club. Humpty then decided to get pissy about the timing and in his first and ONLY statement on the matter at that time, humpty said he had not been formally released.
This is where the matter should have been resolved.
Doust was assured by Tauber (when Doust asked him about the release at the time) and was told by Tauber it would be taken care of. What more was Doust to do? From there, surely it was Humpty and Taubers job to sought out the deal. For ay number of reasons why, the deal wasn't sought out obviously. Why was this perhaps? Did humpty inform Tauber that he wouldn't be released? Did he mention the possibility that WT would take a wait and see approach? It appears not, as in the following months there was an email exchange with Tauber asking US if the release had come through, if not he would chase it up for them. Does this not strike you as dodgy? If Humpty and Tauber had done their job in the first place we wouldt be here right now.
Why would Doust keep asking about something that had 99% of the time been a formality for the entire competition up until now?
And we can more than assume WT dont give a shit about Moltzen when they asked Benji's best mate to look elsewhere. WT look after themselves and took the Godfather approach, "nothing personal, just business". That's fine by me, i have no problem with them getting the best deal for themselves. i do have a problem with them and Tauber coming out and saying "oh please feel sorry for Tim, he never wanted to go, dont make him"...that ain't good business, its childish and desperate in a pathetic attempt to shroud it as a goodwill gesture.

WT...WTF?:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

andrew9148

Juniors
.... FFS. It's Tim Moltzen.... How long till this shit gets sorted??

Alot of people here think it's simple and it must be decided ASAP . Fair enough.

Maybe because it's only Tim that they don't give it the priority that it would get if it was someone else.

saints4ever

First Grade
Tbh I think the NRL see it as a case for the Dragons, but now that we don't want him and doesnt want to come, are trying to work out a deal where Tim won't shed anymore tears, tigers get their man, Dragons get compo in a way where all parties are satisfied, no one loses face, and it looks like a contract is still a contract.

andrew9148

Juniors
Tbh I think the NRL see it as a case for the Dragons, but now that we don't want him and doesnt want to come, are trying to work out a deal where Tim won't shed anymore tears, tigers get their man, Dragons get compo in a way where all parties are satisfied, no one loses face, and it looks like a contract is still a contract.

Have st George said they don't want him ?

saints4ever

First Grade
They haven't been quoted, but I think It's fair to say they are looking for a resolution with regards to money. Moltzen made his feelings quite clear (supposedly sitting out the year) so it would be even more of an embarrassment if he was forced to play with us and we accepted him.

andrew9148

Juniors
They haven't been quoted, but I think It's fair to say they are looking for a resolution with regards to money. Moltzen made his feelings quite clear (supposedly sitting out the year) so it would be even more of an embarrassment if he was forced to play with us and we accepted him.

For sure. It would be a circus.