What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltzen is WEAK

b.bear

Juniors
I really dont care what anyone say's in his defence this guy is weak as P**S who cares about his 2 tries the other night just his presence at fullback is enough to spur the oppositions chase team even more knowing that ,this meek lamb at the back is going to to offer nothing but a complete and total surrender leaving the team up s**t creek from tackle 1 .I will go as far as to say that beau's fumble that lead to a try would not of happened if we had a more staunch fullback ,I can just imagine the fear Beau saw in TIMID'S Eye's when he looked to pass it to him on the line knowing he(TIMID) was in a better position .can you imagine the "Don't pass the ball to MEEE Eye's" that would of faced beau and I think that really would have put him of his game for that split second just enough for him not to get set for the hit..

hutch

First Grade
I really dont care what anyone say's in his defence this guy is weak as P**S who cares about his 2 tries the other night just his presence at fullback is enough to spur the oppositions chase team even more knowing that ,this meek lamb at the back is going to to offer nothing but a complete and total surrender leaving the team up s**t creek from tackle 1 .I will go as far as to say that beau's fumble that lead to a try would not of happened if we had a more staunch fullback ,I can just imagine the fear Beau saw in TIMID'S Eye's when he looked to pass it to him on the line knowing he(TIMID) was in a better position .can you imagine the "Don't pass the ball to MEEE Eye's" that would of faced beau and I think that really would have put him of his game for that split second just enough for him not to get set for the hit..

Ah, ok.

Tigerm

First Grade
Bear, it's fair enough if you don't like the guy, but I wouldn't think you get to this level by being piss weak or timid. Agree he could be playing a more confident game, but geeze, you are being very harsh on a kid just back from a very long injury spell. Anyway, it's still early in the comp, he will either turn it around or he wont, let's hope he does. But this year, he's all we got, time to move on.

Last edited:

R2Coupe

Juniors

A bait correct? This is so weak it couldn't be anything but.

gronkathon

First Grade
He is understandably timid for a ball on the ground or contested ball in the air. He got a metal plate in his freaking skull when he did that at junior level.

Blame the numpty who selects him there knowing this

Fordy20

Juniors
Johnny Morris copped heaps from Tigers supporters because he didn't belong in the halves and kept being selected there. By rights, Moltzen should cop a pasting for the same thing.

gronkathon

First Grade
Sheens on Fox tonight.

They ask him about Slater and he talks about his great qualities of understanding the game and attacking the ball.

A matter of minutes later he talks up fullback as Moltzens best position because of his running game and ignores he has no idea of defensive pattern and is more likely to attack a hotdog after the game than he is of attacking the ball.

If McKinnon could be played anywhere but fullback Moltzen would remain there. Sheens said as much tonight.

Be scared Tigers fans

I too saw Sheens tonight and when he spoke about Slater, e.g.
They ask him about Slater and he talks about his great qualities of understanding the game and attacking the ball.
I thought, who in the Tigers team understands the game and attacks the ball and could play fullback?

One guy was Farah and I'd rather he play hooker (not lock) and the other guy is Marshall and thought, why hasn't Sheens done something different in this time of need like in years gone by when he played Marshall and Farah at 7?

Would these guys go OK until all hands were on deck?
1. Marshall
6. Lui
7. Moltzen

and 18th man - Beau Ryan.

Borat.

Juniors
App. he has the longest kicking game in the club- still rate him massively but he is not a fullback- at-least he hasn't got the confidence to be fullback tomorrow- give him 10 games in the BRET team if u want him to play 1.

At the moment for mine he should be a bench player- cover the entire back-line and great impact player...

DanOz

Juniors
If Moltzen is not playing 7 he is an interchange player. He should never play fullback unless its a choice between him and Galloway.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
You can't 'learn' to play fullback. In the best it's and instinctive understanding of the game. Moltzen just doesn't have it.

I don't know why Parra don't want him as a half. Miles ahead of Sandow.

aids

Bench
"Moltzens' a better center than Mckinnon, other wise he'll be playing fullback this week"
-Sheenzo the Great, Foxsports 27/04/11

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moltzen has never been a good defender and no one here has ever said he was. In fact, even from day one, most people here have been highly critical of Moltzen at fullback.

I'd have loved to have seen Benji start his career at fullback, it may very well have prevented his shoulder injuries, but I can't see that shifting him to fullback now would be a wise move.

I do think, given a full off season working on it, that Lawrence could make a pretty handy Fullback, but at the end of the day, he is an excellent centre and I'd never shift him unnecessarily.

Meaney is the best fullback option and he should be starting as fullback. Moltzen on the bench or at halfback

b.bear

Juniors
The point I am trying to make is that , Tim should not be playing fullback we have better options playing in other positions or lower grades . Tim's best position at this time is on the bench as a supersub seeing that we carried fitzy for so long in that position I can't see why Tim could'nt be our supersub.

ps. I also think mckinnon should call it quits and move brown or meaney to no.1 for this year until mullaney fills out but, thats another rant

R2Coupe

Juniors
Moltzen is one of our best backs and far better than Fitzhenry. Any comparison to him is silly.

Marshall, Lui and Molzen belong in the starting side with Brown and Ayshford. To leave one of your best backs on the bench is illogical especially with all the injuries in the side.

Further, recovery from a knee reconstruction takes time and some of the posted messages by so called supporters on this site are weak.

This thread is one of the weakest I have ever read.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Moltzen is one of our best backs and far better than Fitzhenry. Any comparison to him is silly.

Marshall, Lui and Molzen belong in the starting side with Brown and Ayshford. To leave one of your best backs on the bench is illogical especially with all the injuries in the side.

Further, recovery from a knee reconstruction takes time and some of the posted messages by so called supporters on this site are weak.

This thread is one of the weakest I have ever read.

What are you going to do when Lawrence comes back?

Vicious

Bench
What are you going to do when Lawrence comes back?

Why do you think Sheens has persisted with Moltzen at fullback?
Good young footballers in the past have been known to overcome a weakness or two in their game and go on to become very good footballers.
After all Sheens can`t be too bad a judge of a footballer, otherwise why would other clubs be offering him $500,000 a season to coach them?
On the other hand he will prove to be a much better centre than Blake Ayshford anyway, Ayshford is far too slow to be a top class centre, the back row is the future for him.