What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monaghan to find new club for 2008

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
f**k you're an idiot Dodge. No-one wants to hear this sh*t from you.

I've made an attempt to steer the discussion back to the topic, unlike yourself.

Moving on, My tip for signing him up - I get the feeling it won't be Brisbane, with Locky moving to #7. The Tigers are probably the likely side - The Dragons still have options when Gasnier is fit.

The 'Dogs won't be interested - which is a pity, because he's a good player.

Timmah

Staff member
Brycey said:
Matthew O'Neill is not a source :lol:

Normally I'd laugh but quotes from Monas himself casts no doubt IMO ;-)

Frederick

Staff member
So...what ended up happening at the Bulldogs media conference with the retirement announcement...was it El Masri? :?

Jono078

Referee
I probably should point out I didnt get the news directly from this Matthew O'Neill. (Everyone on LU seems to be against him?)

On topic though. I can definitely see Knights offering him a contract.

TBH, in 2005 I was calling for him to be in the ANZAC test he was going that good, although he went missing badly in the last half of the season. But he seems to be much better these days, clearly learnt a bit from Orford.

[furrycat]

Coach
Dodger said:
Just letting you know :). I've had posts deleted for less in the past.

ON TOPIC now... as I said - he's been one of their best, WTF are they doing releasing him? Sure, he'll be second-string to Orford but FMD he's good.

:roll:

Timmah

Staff member
:O

And in comes the stream of predictable Rleague trolls :crazy:

OVP

Coach
The clubs most likely to chase after Monaghan include the Dragons, Wests Tigers and Roosters with the Broncos and Knights also possible options

What a load of twaddle.

But then when you read further, you find out the source ... Rleague ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

super_coach

First Grade
Their are plenty of players with more skill than Monas,but not many with more ticker. Absoulute must buy for the tigers. I would offer him big dollars and the big C next to his name--he is a leader

This news disappoints me, but in reality I didn't think we'd be able to keep all of Monoghan, Matai, Burns, Ballin and Groom at Manly, because with Orford and Lyon there already there isn't enough room. Monoghan is a great player now, but Burns Ballin and Groom are great players of the future, so I guess I'd prefer to lose Monas in order to keep these three. Monas is one of my favourite players, and after his performance over the past few weeks I believe he truly is a halfback, and I think the Manly club are acting in his interests as well as their own to allow him the opportunity to shine in the comp at his preferred position. I wish him the best of luck in his future, whether it be with the mighty Sea Eagles or whatever other club is lucky enough to snag him.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
mongoose said:
He's better off without them, i get the feeling manly never valued him as a player.

Not valued??? He was captain for while. I would suggest this has been going on behind the scenes for a few weeks now. Which probably accounts for Brent Kite being captain recently.

The fact was he was asking a lot of money on the last contract to play hooker. So it is a question of value... value for money.

I'm pretty disappointed he is looking at leaving. But this is in the best interest of the player. It also will free up some salary cap room too.

RainMan

Juniors
He will be an asset to the Club that gets him.

It is a win win for him, he will get to play half and his price will be driven up with some Clubs in need of a quality half.

I'm guessing that Manly will probably stipulate that they will not release him unless his current contract price is reached. This allows Manly not to have to pay him any money for 2008. They did that with Witt to NZ.