What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday Night Football - stay or go?

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Monday night is great if they schedule the games properly.

There should be an agreement between Fox and the NRL that there will be no Sydney v Sydney team on a Monday night. These games should be kept to weekends - no brainer.

Play a Sydney team v Non-Sydney team on a Monday night. Fox will love it as it will give them teams from 2 states so that could get good interest across a wider market. Also, the Sydney club will not care too much about the crowd, because these games will traditionally be their lower drawing fixtures.

Problem solved.

skeepe

Immortal
It would be extremely successful given time for crowds to adapt, less Canberra in the middle of winter on a Monday night and more Broncos at Suncorp, plus a season with a fixed Monday night schedule for clubs to advertise the crap out of giving fans time to plan.

Actually, the Monday night crowds in Canberra are usually above our season average.

I'm sure Canberra don't have a problem with MNF at all.

skeepe

Immortal
Sunday Night Football. That is when the biggest ratings are and the game can be at 7:00 to get the maximum exposure.

6:30pm would probably suit the FTA networks better, as a lead in to their 8:30pm show, which it seems to me is where they usually put their highest rating programs.

Start the game at 7:00pm and you eat into that time.

smithie

Juniors
Sunday Night Football. That is when the biggest ratings are and the game can be at 7:00 to get the maximum exposure.

6:30pm would probably suit the FTA networks better, as a lead in to their 8:30pm show, which it seems to me is where they usually put their highest rating programs.

Start the game at 7:00pm and you eat into that time.

6:30pm Sunday night is where the additional game should be played should the league introduce two new teams. Keep Monday night as is.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Actually I had 6:30 then changed it to 7:00 and still on pay TV then it would give Foxtel prime ratings in the biggest time.

Kick off would be a few minutes after and with a game going 1 1/2 hours you get coverage up until 9:00 with all the post game and stuff.

undertaker

Coach
Although I'm more of a fan of Sunday Night Football than MNF, MNF will have to stay in order to get good $ from the next tv deal.

Jono1987

Juniors
7:30pm Friday

5:30 pm Saturday
7:30 pm Saturday

2:00pm Sunday
4:00pm Sunday
7:00pm Sunday

7:00pm Monday

Perfect.

afinalsin666

First Grade
7:30pm Friday

5:30 pm Saturday
7:30 pm Saturday

2:00pm Sunday
4:00pm Sunday
7:00pm Sunday

7:00pm Monday

Perfect.

Hmmmmm... They all look like live times... You know FTA needs a game to pad with 40 minutes of ads.

Would hate if MNF got dropped. NRL/FOX just needs to compensate for crowd drops.

eozsmiles

Bench
They would be more likely to add Sunday night or even Thursday night than drop Monday.

If they put Monday night footy on FTA it will rate it's tits off.

undertaker

Coach
Get rid of MNF and replace it with Sunday twilight.

Problem solved.

I too am in favour of a Sunday twilight (i.e. 6 or 6:30pm kickoff) over MNF, but I know that MNF is here to stay in the long-term after the ratings it has achieved, and also if we are to maximise our tv deal.

And as eozsmiles said, it would rate much higher on FTA

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Monday night can be great for all if they schedule it properly:

NO SYDNEY TEAM v SYDNEY TEAM for Monday night football. Ever.
Don't care how good the game is, these games need to be quarantined to Friday, Sat and Sunday.

Monday nights should be a Sydney Team v Regional Team.

Fox will love it because there will be interest in Sydney and in one of the Regions.
Sydney clubs won't mind it because the games against the regional teams are generally their lower crowd games.

Everybody happy

Latest posts