What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Montreal Screwjob

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was pretty dumb of Vince to leave the title on Hart, when he was asking Hart to jump ship.

I tend to agree that McMahon acted a little unfairly, but I'm guessing he was a little paranoid; WCW was ridiculing WWF on a weekly basis, and he was undoubtedly afraid that they'd pull the WWF's pants down again.

But I also think that, as harshly as Hart was treated, that he made things worse by being difficult.

But the whole saga was certainly fascinating.

RedVDave

First Grade
If you really think about it everyone is at fault, the following questions are to be asked.

1- If the WWF knew Bret was leaving why put the belt on him in the first place? Or why wait until the last day of his contract expiring to drop the belt?

and

2- HBK was a prim donna refused to job to most people and told Bret to his face he wouldn't job to him, so why not have him drop the belt to Taker, Austin etc.

This was at the height of the WCW v WWF wars so obviously ol Vinnie Mac was paranoid WCW was going to try pull some stunt to make the hole even deeper for WWF but like mentioned above the whole thing was handled poorly by all.

Iafeta

Referee
The biggest farce out of all this is

1 Why did Bret Hart not give WCW his best? What better way to fight back than to stick it to them
2 What on earth was this horrific cluster f booking he received? A heel lackey to Hogan - frig me that's awful

Latest posts