What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More home games moved to ANZ stadium in 2009?

Parra

Referee
It would appear that getting the numbers at ANZ has nothing to do with the $$$ on offer. Several club CEO's have stated as much - the money is too good to refuse. Nothing to do with tickets sales and everything to do with creating a false economy to prop up a white elephant - the useless stadium that sits at Homebush.

Maybe it suits AFL or cricket. We know it is good for Olympic scale athletic meetings and speedway (did anyone else go to that?) and we also know it is useless for rugby and rugby league.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra said:
It would appear that getting the numbers at ANZ has nothing to do with the $$$ on offer. Several club CEO's have stated as much - the money is too good to refuse. Nothing to do with tickets sales and everything to do with creating a false economy to prop up a white elephant - the useless stadium that sits at Homebush.

Maybe it suits AFL or cricket. We know it is good for Olympic scale athletic meetings and speedway (did anyone else go to that?) and we also know it is useless for rugby and rugby league.

Fair dinkum, - did you ever try and buy a ticket to State of Origin or the Grand Final when we only had the SFS? IT WAS DAMNED NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.
Homebush is the best thing that has happened for sport in this city for 100 years.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
I spose its a matter of opinion and what you have already as convenience at Parra.
I hate Telstra/ANZ stadium.
Seats are too far from the sidelines.
Parking is always congested getting out (at Parra I have a friends place to park at)
Annoying to get back to Parra to the pub after the game
Prices are over the top for food/drink
Advertising at Telstra on the PA system is ridiculous
Trains are full, cramped and smelly and you have to change lines to get back to Parra as they dont run direct unless it is the major games.

I see some of the advantages, like the toilets etc... but I have waited half an hour for drinks so that seems not alot better than Parra to me, same with food.
The food quality is better than Parra, albeit more expensive though.

Pro's/Con's - there are sooo many for each with everyones personal preferences and experiences!

The biggest fault I can se is that we do not have a ground to call our own... and that will sadden me if it happens

Parra

Referee
Suitman said:
Fair dinkum, - did you ever try and buy a ticket to State of Origin or the Grand Final when we only had the SFS? IT WAS DAMNED NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.
Homebush is the best thing that has happened for sport in this city for 100 years.

Suity

bullsh*t.

Top levels at the SFS are not worth having either.

If you are not near the action, it is not worth being there at all.

It's not just about getting tickets - it's about seeing the game.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Hellsy said:
I spose its a matter of opinion and what you have already as convenience at Parra.
I hate Telstra/ANZ stadium.
Seats are too far from the sidelines.
Parking is always congested getting out (at Parra I have a friends place to park at)
Annoying to get back to Parra to the pub after the game
Prices are over the top for food/drink
Advertising at Telstra on the PA system is ridiculous
Trains are full, cramped and smelly and you have to change lines to get back to Parra as they dont run direct unless it is the major games.

I see some of the advantages, like the toilets etc... but I have waited half an hour for drinks so that seems not alot better than Parra to me, same with food.
The food quality is better than Parra, albeit more expensive though.

Pro's/Con's - there are sooo many for each with everyones personal preferences and experiences!

The biggest fault I can se is that we do not have a ground to call our own... and that will sadden me if it happens
Though Hellsy I think alot of teams are heading down this pass in regards to using ANZ, Souths, Dragons, Tigers, Dogs and so on. If this by some way keeps us viable for a few more years and therefor don't merge in the near future then I am all for it. I have noticed some people saying this will bring on a merger alot quicker though I pray this is not the case, maybe on the positive side the club are thinking every game they play there they make 100k and keeps them afloat, fingers crossed.

Parra

Referee
It is another step in the process to removal localism / tribalism in an effort to make mergers inevitable.

If footy clubs learnt anything from the superleague fiasco it should've been don't sell out your future for short term gain.

Bugger generic home grounds.

Hellsy

Immortal
big boppa eel said:
Though Hellsy I think alot of teams are heading down this pass in regards to using ANZ, Souths, Dragons, Tigers, Dogs and so on. If this by some way keeps us viable for a few more years and therefor don't merge in the near future then I am all for it. I have noticed some people saying this will bring on a merger alot quicker though I pray this is not the case, maybe on the positive side the club are thinking every game they play there they make 100k and keeps them afloat, fingers crossed.

Yeah... I cant say I am at all happy about it though.
Something needs to be looked at at a higher level, like how do some clubs survive without having to play out of Homebush? What are we doing that is soo different?

If we went to homebush after a season or 2 I doubt I would renew my ST's, I would moreso play it game by game as to whether I attended or not. My ST partner wouldnt renew at all.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Hellsy said:
Yeah... I cant say I am at all happy about it though.
Something needs to be looked at at a higher level, like how do some clubs survive without having to play out of Homebush? What are we doing that is soo different?

If we went to homebush after a season or 2 I doubt I would renew my ST's, I would moreso play it game by game as to whether I attended or not. My ST partner wouldnt renew at all.
I agree with you in regards to why can other clubs not have to play out at Homebush and still make $, I am still waiting for a definitive answer, I saw us to a degree as a super power when it came to our club, marketing and so on Parra was mentioned in glowing terms once upon a time, now we come across as also rans, pretty pathetic Id like to know what the f**k they do their all day, maybe if they sit on their hands long enough Fitzgerald will get the merger he has craved for for so long.

lucablight

First Grade
This is crap. We already have a home ground at Parramatta. Moving to ANZ where other teams also use it as their home ground is like selling our soul.

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:

Suity

and now we cant sell out state or origin and the gand final :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
if we were to relocate fulltime, i wouldnt renew my ticket. I can walk to parra, so even if i'm late home from work on a friday, i can still make kick off.

couldnt do that at homebush

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
lucablight said:
This is crap. We already have a home ground at Parramatta. Moving to ANZ where other teams also use it as their home ground is like selling our soul.
Think of it this way, by playing at ANZ the club will be richer, there'll be bigger crowds which'll also make the club richer and you'll still have Parra Stadium to use as a home.

IMO where you play at fades into insignificance when compared to the health of the actual club.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra said:
bullsh*t.

Top levels at the SFS are not worth having either.

If you are not near the action, it is not worth being there at all.

It's not just about getting tickets - it's about seeing the game.

Then watch it on tele.

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Parra said:
It is another step in the process to removal localism / tribalism in an effort to make mergers inevitable.

If footy clubs learnt anything from the superleague fiasco it should've been don't sell out your future for short term gain.

Bugger generic home grounds.

Spot on. Thats exactly the way I see it too!

TheParraboy

Staff member
smiley_abku.gif

strider

Post Whore
I know homebush has a train station - but what if i want to drive? I don't really wanna pay the overpriced $$$s they charge you to park .... Parra is better to drive to - sure u might have to walk 10-15mins if you come a bit later, but nothing is wrong with a bit of exercise - homebush is sh*t for parking ..... and i don't know if i wanna play silly buggers on the train with arseholes who think the fun starts after the game on the way home

TheParraboy

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
You just made me go and put some pop corn in the microwave. Don't do that again :D

Here you go mate
popcorn.gif

Just dont tell Suitman, he will confiscate it from you :lol: