What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More home games moved to ANZ stadium in 2009?

COACH STERLING

Juniors
strider said:
I know homebush has a train station - but what if i want to drive? I don't really wanna pay the overpriced $$$s they charge you to park .... Parra is better to drive to - sure u might have to walk 10-15mins if you come a bit later, but nothing is wrong with a bit of exercise - homebush is sh*t for parking ..... and i don't know if i wanna play silly buggers on the train with arseholes who think the fun starts after the game on the way home

There's plenty of parking 2-3 mins walk close to where all the multinational and national companies are located. I've been parking in the visitor carpark for years. Hasn't cost me a cent.......so far

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
But you can now buy a ticket if you want it.

Suity

Yes, I know. I just find that a great contradiction. When the SFS was clearly to small, regardless of who was in it, everyone wanted to go, nowdays, they struggle to get the sold out sign up.

I agree though, the stadium is a godsend, and, IMO, the views arent as bad as some make out

fish eel

Immortal
COACH STERLING said:
There's plenty of parking 2-3 mins walk close to where all the multinational and national companies are located. I've been parking in the visitor carpark for years. Hasn't cost me a cent.......so far

**cough**bp solar**cough**

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
I know homebush has a train station - but what if i want to drive? I don't really wanna pay the overpriced $$$s they charge you to park .... Parra is better to drive to - sure u might have to walk 10-15mins if you come a bit later, but nothing is wrong with a bit of exercise - homebush is sh*t for parking ..... and i don't know if i wanna play silly buggers on the train with arseholes who think the fun starts after the game on the way home

Actually Strides, I've been parking at Concord West and doing the 10-15 minute walk to Homebush ever since it opened in '99.
Not much different to Parra Stadium actually. I've probably been to Homebush about 25 times, and have caught the train 3 times.
It's really easy tbh. Never had to pay for parking, and never had to deal with arseholes on trains.
Ya just gotta know where to park.

Suity

big boppa eel

Juniors
fish eel said:
if we were to relocate fulltime, i wouldnt renew my ticket. I can walk to parra, so even if i'm late home from work on a friday, i can still make kick off.

couldnt do that at homebush
I would hardly call moving to Homebush a relocation, Fish think of the big picture IF this move would give the club alot more financial scope hence putting of mergers off for the near future, wouldnt you think it a good move, we need to be a little less selfish and maybe give this a good red hot go, people are always talking of finding other ways of profiting as oppossed to the pokies, well here it is, cant have it both ways people.

big boppa eel

Juniors
strider said:
What about all the parking meters in and around Parra now.

Hellsy

Immortal
Parra is easier to park at than Homebush.
There is thousands of spots at the Psych centre for like $3 which is about a 5-10min walk to the stadium. There there are Rotary run carparks, and while you pay more at least there is a good cause in there somewhere that is benefitting
Homebush you can pay heaps to the parking company or walk longer for parking

forward pass

Coach
I think we all need to face the fact that Parra Stadium, whilst once the best stadium in the comp, is really nothing special now in terms of facilities. The Trust completely and utterly screwed up Parra Stadium - and now they are paying the price.

The sightlines at Parra are terrible and Homebush has much better facilities.

I would be happy with half at Parra - half at Homebush!

Stagger eel

Staff member
forward pass said:
I think we all need to face the fact that Parra Stadium, whilst once the best stadium in the comp, is really nothing special now in terms of facilities. The Trust completely and utterly screwed up Parra Stadium - and now they are paying the price.

The sightlines at Parra are terrible and Homebush has much better facilities.

I would be happy with half at Parra - half at Homebush!

geez that's a bit harsh, it's still one of the best to watch football in terms of comfort and the third best stadium in Sydney.

I could live with half/half too..but geez, cut the old girl some slack it's not that bad.

fish eel

Immortal
Stagger eel said:
geez that's a bit harsh, it's still one of the best to watch football in terms of comfort and the third best stadium in Sydney.

I could live with half/half too..but geez, cut the old girl some slack it's not that bad.

she aint that old. :lol:

forward pass

Coach
Stagger eel said:

From the stands yes! From the terraces - no good. Behind the posts - no good !

Stagger eel

Staff member
forward pass said:
From the stands yes! From the terraces - no good. Behind the posts - no good !

is there a ground in Sydney that has a good view behind the goal post, ANZ has to be one of the worst ones as the front row is still about 20 metre from the dead ball line...:lol:

forward pass

Coach
Stagger eel said:
is there a ground in Sydney that has a good view behind the goal post, ANZ has to be one of the worst ones as the front row is still about 20 metre from the dead ball line...:lol:

True - but at least you know what the f**ken score is !!:lol: :lol:

You know I would love to try and contrast some of the views here now with some of the views I raised about a possible move to the then Telstra Stadium in 2006.

MarkInTheStands said:
You know I would love to try and contrast some of the views here now with some of the views I raised about a possible move to the then Telstra Stadium in 2006.

Actually, I just re-read that thread. Here is something interesting. Around the Start of 2007 Stadium Australia was Purchased. . . By ANZ.

So now that it is ANZ Stadium, well that should have been a natural.