What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

nrlnrl

First Grade
transfer fee will be agreed between the two clubs there may be a issue between two agents but that would need to be sorted between st george and rangi i think you will sort it because this was the same issue last season.
you have got a world class player do not worry.:cool:

?hanks for the info. Yeah I've been watching a fair few of his games this season & he's the standout player for Castleford. If it does eventuate, will be interesting to see how the combination with Widdop develops next season.

redbreed

Juniors
Doust is taking a long time to sign Chase and this is his second attempt. What could be the reason?

Is it because Chases's current club wants too much transfer money?
Is it because there are other offers on the table?
Is it because Chase wants a better deal than we are offering?
Is it because Chase is waiting to find out who our coach will be?

How long does it normally take? It seems to be taking ages but is that because it was leaked by cas fans and the English press. The Dragons seem pretty good at not leaking information like the widdop and Thompson signings. No one had any info on this. Every player that is linked to us in the Aussie press never happens. Look at Soward no one had a clue he was even talking to the Panthers.

nrlnrl

First Grade
How long does it normally take? It seems to be taking ages but is that because it was leaked by cas fans and the English press. The Dragons seem pretty good at not leaking information like the widdop and Thompson signings. No one had any info on this. Every player that is linked to us in the Aussie press never happens. Look at Soward no one had a clue he was even talking to the Panthers.

please read posts by cas1 - especially the last one about the transfer fee

redbreed

Juniors
please read posts by cas1 - especially the last one about the transfer fee

Is that the same bloke that said he played his last game for Castleford a month ago? If we signed all the players we've being linked to we would have enough players to bring back the Steelers!. From reading all the posts it quite clear that nobody has any idea what's happening. No offense to cas1 but where is he getting all this info from.

TheRev

Coach
Just listening to MMM, they said Sam Burgess's transfer fee didnt come under the cap, so therefore Rangi would be in the same boat..

Minh

First Grade
Just listening to MMM, they said Sam Burgess's transfer fee didnt come under the cap, so therefore Rangi would be in the same boat..

that would be more sensible otherwise it'll be hard to get any imports.

Gore

Juniors
Man i hope all this is true... i can't really recall the last time we had a Genuine playmaker...

jenninga

First Grade
that my friend was not outstanding that was a ordiary game for rangi when he gets in a good team watch him go
Watched him yesterday and the energy and skill is exactly what we need.That intercept pass ,if went to hand would have been a try to Cast as it would have been a 2 against one.Unfortunately was intercepted.
If he brings his form here we will definately jump a notch.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Thanks for those Video Highlights from the Super League. Just went back a few weeks, Rangi Chase's Passing is outstanding, Running TO THE LINE and putting players through Holes, with Outstanding Selective passes. HE IS GOING STRAIGHT INTO MY SUPERCOACH TEAM..
Watching Drinkwater in the lower Grades, He is NOT ready at all, He refuses to run the Team from Halfback and the 5/8 Todd Ryan takes control each set. Whilst I like the look of Drinkwater, He needs to get in there and play not sit back and wait for tackle 4 and 5.
Go back and watch the game against HUDDERSFIELD
Amazing !
RANGI IS GUN!!

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
ANy word on when Rangi will be joining the Saints? Is it this season or next? This is dragging out big time.

Same with Dugan. Have Saints progressed on this? Or have they decided not to pursue him?

chris_el

Juniors
Maybe the silence is a good thing. There were no whispers of Widdop until the morning of the signing. Although here is me hoping that both Dugan and Rangi are announced moments before this rounds team list is out, and they are both in the team. Heres to high hopes.

Latest posts