What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

TheRev

Coach
Rangi is such a humble, self effacing SO cool guy so DTE and just SO refreshingly raw and real just like his plays and his footy!
Just what we need most right now, a real dinkum hard worker with his kinda genius mixed with mungrel!! Go for it DRAGONS!!! DOnt let him slip away again! I was so pissed we let him go last time round!! Lets GO DRAGONS!!!:crazy:
Absolutely, I think a 2nd halves purchase would be fantastic, id probably rather that and let Style go, and keep Drinkwater perhaps for another 1-2 yrs or for injury as he is still developing.

hardbaby

Coach
I wonder if Style may end up as our bench hooker/utility in 2014. It seems unlikely that we'll keep both King and Rein. We have some promising juniors coming through at hooker but they may well be 2 years off. Style has such great utility value. Very solid defender. Basis of a strong passing game and that skill could certainly be honed. I think he still adds value to the club, but given his injury history, I'd see him as a utility for 2014. If he gets fit and goes well, there are a number of positions he could fill and back up hooker is certainly not out of the question.

getsmarty

Immortal
I wonder if Style may end up as our bench hooker/utility in 2014. It seems unlikely that we'll keep both King and Rein. We have some promising juniors coming through at hooker but they may well be 2 years off. Style has such great utility value. Very solid defender. Basis of a strong passing game and that skill could certainly be honed. I think he still adds value to the club, but given his injury history, I'd see him as a utility for 2014. If he gets fit and goes well, there are a number of positions he could fill and back up hooker is certainly not out of the question.

I'd keep Rein and King...unless Style signs an incentive based contract IMO we should release him and Chase Stanley. Looks like we are overhauling our roster...there's not enough pressure for first grade spots because we don't have the quality.

mmap dragons

Juniors
Rumoured that Rangi is on about £150,000 per year at castleford as for a transfer fee last season they talked about him commanding a world record fee different story now be lucky to get £200,000.

I'd say that's on the money considering the financial situation at Cas. The CEO recently was quoted as saying Cas wouldn't stand in the way of Chase moving to the NRL, However, Compensation (transfer fee) would be required. How much and how that would be treated by the NRL is the question at hand.

Personally I'd prefer the Dragons to concentrate on landing Sammy Williams.

TheRev

Coach
I dont see why the Transfer Fee should be included in the cap, I think this is part of what Greenberg is trying to fix up, silly rules that keep quality players from staying (or returning) to the NRL.

SBW's issue is apparently they want to include his boxing profits under the cap, which I find ridiculous.. but.. I guess if your not careful its a way to cheat the cap if done deliberately.

Twenty10

Juniors
I'd say that's on the money considering the financial situation at Cas. The CEO recently was quoted as saying Cas wouldn't stand in the way of Chase moving to the NRL, However, Compensation (transfer fee) would be required. How much and how that would be treated by the NRL is the question at hand.

Personally I'd prefer the Dragons to concentrate on landing Sammy Williams.

Sam Williams's is over rated.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Sam Williams's is over rated.

From what I've seen with him at Canberra, not a fan either. Sometimes a player just needs a change of coach or different players around to bring out his best though, so I'll keep an open mind.

saints4ever

First Grade
ive often said I dont know what is with the man love for Williams. I admit I havent seen much of him except for when the snot patrol play us, but dont rate him as much of a game breaker.

At this stage of his career I view him as a step up from Moltzen in 2011, but not by much

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
When is he coming??? It was all sealed and a done deal then a week goes by he plays two games and noone knows what's going on anymore, he just played this morning and set up every try even though they lose chase played outstanding 34 - 30 every single try was set up from him

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Doust is taking a long time to sign Chase and this is his second attempt. What could be the reason?

Is it because Chases's current club wants too much transfer money?
Is it because there are other offers on the table?
Is it because Chase wants a better deal than we are offering?
Is it because Chase is waiting to find out who our coach will be?

Do we really think hes coming......or are we purely speculating

Last edited:

dragonv

Juniors
It's hard to get excited about all of this because:

a) he's played with us before and did not do enough to deserve his spot in the team
b) making it in England is not the same as making it in the NRL
c) it takes Doust a year to make a signing and we never know what is actually happening

cas1

Juniors
When is he coming??? It was all sealed and a done deal then a week goes by he plays two games and noone knows what's going on anymore, he just played this morning and set up every try even though they lose chase played outstanding 34 - 30 every single try was set up from him

that my friend was not outstanding that was a ordiary game for rangi when he gets in a good team watch him go

cas1

Juniors
It's hard to get excited about all of this because:

a) he's played with us before and did not do enough to deserve his spot in the team
b) making it in England is not the same as making it in the NRL
c) it takes Doust a year to make a signing and we never know what is actually happening

older and a better player

nrlnrl

First Grade
He is on his way maybe his last game to-night for cas tigers tried to hard buyou have got a world class player GOOD LUCK RANGI hope to see you play in Aussie some day soon

From what I've read, still some things to be sorted out. Apparently there needs to be a transfer fee finalised & there are allegations that Rangi Chase still owes a previous manager money & must settle this debt before any new contract is done - repeat allegations.

What do you know about these issues ? How does the transfer fee work ? Do Castleford nominate a figure & it needs to be approved by ESL ?

cas1

Juniors
From what I've read, still some things to be sorted out. Apparently there needs to be a transfer fee finalised & there are allegations that Rangi Chase still owes a previous manager money & must settle this debt before any new contract is done - repeat allegations.

What do you know about these issues ? How does the transfer fee work ? Do Castleford nominate a figure & it needs to be approved by ESL ?

transfer fee will be agreed between the two clubs there may be a issue between two agents but that would need to be sorted between st george and rangi i think you will sort it because this was the same issue last season.
you have got a world class player do not worry.:cool: