What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

nrlnrl

First Grade
Word is that Widdup and Chase have a history from the UK and do not get on and may be the fact why the deal is taking so long to happen...u have to take tis speculation on board hence why the Dragons are even considering Sam Williams still!

I've heard that he allegedly owes a previous manager money & can't sign any new contracts until this is settled.

FlameThrower

Bench
.......it's getting all too hard and long winded for me. Some of the stuff listed here, ain't a quick and easy fix! Ask Waterhouse what are the odds...!

_Johnsy

Referee
Just got some information as to why rangis contract negotiations have stalled. It is due to the fact that he has an assault charge pending thus making it difficult for him to leave the country at the moment. This info coming from someone who is involved with current player negotiations.

if this is correct I'd have to say pass, and move on Williams ASAP

Deeeco

Juniors
Chase is a very very good half and in a good team would look tremendous, his pass selection is brilliant most of the time.
I don't know where the poster above feels he has an issue with Widdop comes from, absolute tosh, the assault thing is more reliable. He can be a bit of a loose cannon but seems to have calmed in the past couple of years

Sam Williams is certainly no Adam Reynolds or DCE. I think at this stage Rangi Chase is our best option, he has that game breaking ability that we need

TheRev

First Grade
Rangi is our man, and better yet he can start immediately, give us a hope in 2013 and start forming combinations (well some I guess since Widdop and co to come yet).

TheRev

First Grade
Canberra though really do have a glut of halves, with both the NSW and QLD Under 20's Halfbacks to come and 3 in 1st grade already, they probably have 1-2 years at most before they will need to shed a couple of them.

Steelman

Juniors
if this is correct I'd have to say pass, and move on Williams ASAP

Johnsy according to my source if the dragons cannot resolve this current issue with Rangi and now other problem with his new manager not having NRL accreditation in the next week or two they are going to go hard after Sam Williams. I know this info is not what a lot of dragons fans want hear but these are the facts at the moment. So could still go either way

_Johnsy

Referee
Johnsy according to my source if the dragons cannot resolve this current issue with Rangi and now other problem with his new manager not having NRL accreditation in the next week or two they are going to go hard after Sam Williams. I know this info is not what a lot of dragons fans want hear but these are the facts at the moment. So could still go either way

Cheers, he's young and has ability no doubting that. IMO we need a young 1/2's pairing that can develop together. If we don't get rangi, what realistic options do we have?

Try to Mould a hooker into a 1/2, or stick with fien.

Williams can play, anyone who thinks he's a hack needs help. He's no mug that much I know. Plenty of people with a greater knowledge of what a 1/2 needs rate him. Sterlo & joey do, good enough for me

BennyV

Referee
Cheers, he's young and has ability no doubting that. IMO we need a young 1/2's pairing that can develop together. If we don't get rangi, what realistic options do we have?

Try to Mould a hooker into a 1/2, or stick with fien.

Williams can play, anyone who thinks he's a hack needs help. He's no mug that much I know. Plenty of people with a greater knowledge of what a 1/2 needs rate him. Sterlo & joey do, good enough for me

Drinkwater and Kyle Stanley...just saying, they are options...

The Enforcer

Juniors
Haven't been overly impressed with Williams and can't remember too many dominant performances from him and behind a pretty good pack.Will be interesting to see if his performances improve with Campese back on deck.
I wouldn't get too excited if we signed him.

chemics

Juniors
Haven't been overly impressed with Williams and can't remember too many dominant performances
I wouldn't get too excited if we signed him.

I agree more patience needed with drinkwater.but I think kyle will take a lot longer to get his confidence back