What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

TheRev

Coach
My thoughts also,everybody keeps saying its a done deal but still here we are still waiting,reminds me of the clubs first attempt to sign him especially with the latest mail that they tried to get Keary from souths which may indicate that it ain't happening.

Have you heard anything on Keary in the last few weeks? With Widdop on board we can afford to take more of a risk on a younger player to partner him, I dont rly know anything about Keary but I do like the unknown factor with youth, that you might unveil something special. Rangi however has heaps of experience already and hes a Dragon originally.

The other thing with Rangi/Dugen is they can attempt to resurrect our 2013 Roster, not just next year.

centralsaint

Juniors
Sick of the innuendo with Rangi's potential signing. Has he actually been quoted as saying he wants to sign with us. We have a superstar with Widdop coming, I met him after the dragons game at the bench at Aami park and he was a great bloke. I was there in my dragons jersey and he and Jason Ryles where good to talk to. Widdop with Drinkwater in 2014 will be great halves for the dragons,sign Duggan and we look ready to fire

hardbaby

Coach
Sick of the innuendo with Rangi's potential signing. Has he actually been quoted as saying he wants to sign with us. We have a superstar with Widdop coming, I met him after the dragons game at the bench at Aami park and he was a great bloke. I was there in my dragons jersey and he and Jason Ryles where good to talk to. Widdop with Drinkwater in 2014 will be great halves for the dragons,sign Duggan and we look ready to fire

Not convinced by Drinkwater or Style at this point. We need to sign an established half. You don't take risks in that position.

BennyV

Referee
Not convinced by Drinkwater or Style at this point. We need to sign an established half. You don't take risks in that position.

We did, his name is Gareth Widdop! One way or another, the young halfbacks need to find their way into a team...if Price can give DW a bit more first grade exposure this year, he should be ready to play alongside Widdop.

nrlnrl

First Grade

Yeah, Dugan and / or Chase signing has a big impact on the future of guys like Drinkwater, Beale, both Stanleys, Runciman, Vidot, Cummins etc. I know this season is still very early, but I think teams benefit from securing most of their roster for the following year as early as possible.

Rangi chase is in trouble after a tackle in the Challenge cup absolute shit tackle broke the guys jaw in 2 places a grubby wanker who is shit anyway the club can do a lot better than this turd.

Rex Terp

First Grade
Rangi chase is in trouble after a tackle in the Challenge cup absolute shit tackle broke the guys jaw in 2 places a grubby wanker who is shit anyway the club can do a lot better than this turd.

When was the tackle? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it a year ago? So take a deep breath.

hardbaby

Coach
We did, his name is Gareth Widdop! One way or another, the young halfbacks need to find their way into a team...if Price can give DW a bit more first grade exposure this year, he should be ready to play alongside Widdop.

Yep and Widdop is replacing Soward so we are still one short. DW may not be ready next year. He may not be good enough anyway. He hasn't impressed me enough to go into 2014 with his name pencilled in at 7. We need someone's name written in indelible ink. Rangi, Williams, Keary, Hunt, Townsend...there are far better options than DW.

possm

Coach
Doust is taking a long time to sign Chase and this is his second attempt. What could be the reason?

Is it because Chases's current club wants too much transfer money?
Is it because there are other offers on the table?
Is it because Chase wants a better deal than we are offering?
Is it because Chase is waiting to find out who our coach will be?

Minh

First Grade
Yep and Widdop is replacing Soward so we are still one short. DW may not be ready next year. He may not be good enough anyway. He hasn't impressed me enough to go into 2014 with his name pencilled in at 7. We need someone's name written in indelible ink. Rangi, Williams, Keary, Hunt, Townsend...there are far better options than DW.

Agree with this, we're still short a half for next year unless Style is fit. Drinkwater may not even be good enough time will tell.

Minh

First Grade
If we sign Rangi Chase and Style is fit and able and excells, Rangi chase could be a top utility triangle player for us. Alternatively, Style could easily be that triangle player too.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Doust is taking a long time to sign Chase and this is his second attempt. What could be the reason?

it's red tape holding up the deal, out of the Dragons control. Here's something from the BBC ( doesn't mention details of delays, but coach expects him to play for Casteford this weekend ). For those interested, Salford v Castleford is on Eurosport ( 511 on cable Foxtel ) from 3.45am Sunday ( replay at 1.45pm )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/22281299
24 April 2013
Last updated at 15:46 GMT

Castleford Tigers: Orr expects Rangi Chase to face Reds

Castleford caretaker boss Danny Orr says he is expecting to have stand-off Rangi Chase available for Saturday's trip to Salford. Chase, 27, has been linked with a move to NRL side St George Illawarra and chief executive Steve Gill said last week they would not stop him leaving.

"I'm confident he'll be putting a Castleford shirt on at the weekend," Orr told BBC Radio Leeds. "Until I hear different he's our player and one I'm glad is in our team."
He added: "He's a fantastic player, he's been training really well and I expect him to keep doing so until something changes."

CarssDragon

Juniors

Reckon all of the above. Any indication of the sort of money we are talking about? He seems to have a very big profile over there and likely demanding a marquee salary. Wouldn't be surprised if as expensive as Widdop. Worth it in my opinion, but obviously the reason the club is holding out.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Reckon all of the above. Any indication of the sort of money we are talking about? He seems to have a very big profile over there and likely demanding a marquee salary. Wouldn't be surprised if as expensive as Widdop. Worth it in my opinion, but obviously the reason the club is holding out.

it's out of the Dragons control

cas1

Juniors

Rumoured that Rangi is on about £150,000 per year at castleford as for a transfer fee last season they talked about him commanding a world record fee different story now be lucky to get £200,000.

TheRev

Coach
These might have been linked before, but tbh I barely remember Rangi at the Dragons (even though he did play alongside bmoz, creagh, hornby etc), so I hit youtube to find out more:

Tribute to Rangi (best of moments):
- The guy obviously has skills, he runs hard at the line and he pushes through tackles, at his best he would be a fantastic purchase, we just have to hope Price has the skill to tame him.

16 minute interview with Rangi (Feb 2013):
- Ok he cops some flack for being a bit of a bogan, but I really appreciate his honesty in this interview, hes showing his real self not the politically correct responses we expect
- He talks about trouble with alcohol previously and that hes gotten help and moved past that now, he talks about his family (he has a little boy) and fyi hes 26yrs old, I think hes in the right point of his career tbh, he will come straight in and be eager to prove himself in the NRL, hes also playing in one of the lower tier sides, so its not like he is playing in a superstar side that makes his job easy

nontime111

Juniors
Rangi is such a humble, self effacing SO cool guy so DTE and just SO refreshingly raw and real just like his plays and his footy!
Just what we need most right now, a real dinkum hard worker with his kinda genius mixed with mungrel!! Go for it DRAGONS!!! DOnt let him slip away again! I was so pissed we let him go last time round!! Lets GO DRAGONS!!!:crazy:

Latest posts