What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley = 7 weeks

winnyason

Juniors
so the thug will play in the tri series.............bring it on you thug.
wonder if the rfl had anything to do with it, he won't miss any tri series matches the poms are having a warm up match in australia.

Raider_69

Post Whore
shame, if it was gonna end his australian career might aswell given him a fair punishment, 15+ weeks imo

if they were going to go soft like they have, then why not give him less so he gets a proper aussie send off

Spot on. 7 weeks is fair. 10 years ago 7 weeks would have been a severe punishment. The NRL judiciary has gone way overboard on suspensions in recent years and that's the only reason we've seen so many 10 week plus bans. Greg Bird probably shouldn't have got 10 weeks but just because the judiciary got it wrong that time doesn't mean they should get it wrong again. Why the governing body of the game would want to sideline our best players for so long is beyond me. They are hurting the product by doing so.

I hope he does play in the Tir-Nations. Firstly because he will be one of the highlights in a Lions jersey, but also because the NRL has no right (or should have no right) to suspend a player from Test matches for an incident in a club game. How can you compare a nothing NRL game for a team that won't even make the finals with a Test match for his country? If a player is suspended for a Test it should count as five club games or somehting like that.

Sharkie™

Juniors
its just enough to rub him outta the nrl, but still allows him to play in the tri nations. if the c**ks made the finals im sure the sentance would have been much longer.

Red Bear

Referee
lol
This is chewbacca hahha

Love morley as a player but 7 weeks is a surprise. Still wont get to see him play in nrl again but hopefully he plays Aust vs GB in october/november

strider

Post Whore
well rubin wiki got sweet f**k all for a knee which actually hurt someone - so why should morley get more? - and don't give me any crap about accidental

greg bird did a premeditated knee in the f**king head - of course he deserved more

i respect morely - he plays hard and maybe oversteps the line at times but he takes plenty back himself .... reminds me alot of mark geyer who i also enjoyed watching play .... and no i am most certainly not a roosters supporter

mattyg

Bench
SOFTT! Exactly how many of them weeks were as a result of his record...3? So they are saying something like the knee was only worth 4-5 weeks. That is a ridiculous punishment for such an intentional act. Double the 7 weeks and then we have something more like it.

Latest posts