What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley: Time To f**k Off

also u gotta relize dogs have done worse and imo they deserved this they were being cocky why else would sherin kick a f/g with 6 mins too go after leading by 4 tries?????????

and i can garrentee ya something was said behind the refs back cause thats the type of player Hughes is i mean not even dogs fans like him

fulltime

Juniors
I wonder if anyone else saw Morley decide to put a nice stomp on the ankle of a bulldog(big bench forward) early in the 2nd half ( it was on the bulldogs 35-40m on the side closest to the camera)

he got up where the dummy half would be, you see him look down see the blokes foot(he was still being held down by the other tacklers), and clearly aim and decide his ankle was a good place to step, the player got up played the ball and hobbled away a little but was ok.
it happens very quickly so i'm sure a lot missed it.

but that simple unneeded action sums him up perfectly. a dirty prick who is going out the way he should.

Rabbitohs2005 said:
well danny williams got 18 weeks for his king hit, its not as bad as that so ill say 15, but danny was provoked and corey wasnt, so it was retalliation from danny and a complete brain explosion from adrian, corey possibly could of provoked it, but there is no proof, only corey and adrian know

i hope his suspension gets carried over in the ESL, because 7-8 weeks wont be sufficient, it was a disgraceful act

luke mcdougall got 10 weeks for his spear tackle which wasnt on purpose, so it should be 15+ for morley

danny williams provoked how???????? yes it was a high shot but u see them all the time that doesnt give u the right too walk up too someone and hit them while there not looking

and yeh morley did the wrong thing and he will pay for it but he wont get any longer than 6 weeks cause thats all he has left :lol:

anjado

Juniors
What Morley did tonight was very bad and he must of been provoked somehow because he is'nt this type of player. Really he isn't all of his suspensions have been for highshots rather then something idiotic like this.He is nowhere near as bad as hopoate and he is'nt a grub a grub is someone who gouges or stick's fingers up players asses.He still should get 10 games for being an idiot. It's a shame his last season is ending so prematurely he has been superb for the Roosters and made them the most feared pack in the comp for 3 years. I thought he was unfairly victimized alot of the time he got placed on report for things others would of gotten away with.

And when you have gooses like Warren Smith crucifying him over a mistimed shoulder charge which had only been a rule for a week and talking about Morley like he is the next Ivan Milat. Even tonight he said Morley goes crazy like against Manly i'm sorry but he was being aggressive there is nothing wrong with aggression he put on 2 massive hits in a row to lift his team.If it were up to the likes of Warren Smith we would be playing netball instead of Rugby League.

But anyway i digress it was a dumb thing to do but im certainly going to miss watching him. If anyone dislikes watching Morley play at his most aggressive i can't understand why you would watch the game. Now with Wiki getting older and Mason thinking of quitting and Kennedy probably soon to retire Civenoceva and Webcke getting older will we be able to still see players playing with such aggression and brutality. Sure there are some good up and coming aggressive forwards Asotasi,O'Meley,Gibbs,Moi Moi will they be able to overtake these older guys.

Whether you liked Morley or you hated him i think we can all agree you would love someone with his aggression in your team.And the passion he displayed he was enjoyable to watch in the NRL over the past few years and i will miss watching him play weekly. It was also important for the game he came here and did so well because apart from Harvey Howard who had decent success it had been 12 years since a Great Britain player had really been one of the top players in the competition. Hopefully with Morley's huge success out here aside from his suspensions he was probably the best forward in the game for a couple of years. It will encourage more players from England to come over here like Fielden and McGuire and have it like the days when Hanley,Schofield,Lydon,Ward,Davies and Offiah used to come over.

I know it's harder now for them to come since we play at the same time but it would be great for the game to get more British players here. So hopefully Morley will be the first of a few and i hope one brain explosion because the other things were really nothing compared to this in terms of intent and idiocy. Doesn't overshadow the great servant he was at the Roosters and a gentleman off the pitch.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
melon.... said:
So does Corey Hughes cop 15 for KNeeing Perret in the head whilst getting off him? Hughes deserved it as one of teh biggest Cs the game has produced.

Morley is a dead set champion and pisses on any pathetic forward Souths ever bought let aline produced.

It was disappointing, but when I saw it was Hughes, I was rapt.

Maybe Ricky can use that as an excuse to get him off, because there can be no other explanation to save that sorry thugs career at your club.

To say you are happy to see a bloke kneed (potentially hitting him in the nads), speaks volumes about you. Say it happened to one of your players, you would be blowing up.

By the way, Ian Roberts would have cut that Pommie git into pieces. As I recall, we did produce him, unlike Morley, which you bought.

legend

Coach
We may look back at this one day and thank Morley if it means Corey Hughes can't reproduce. ;-)

scottyeel

Bench
melon said:
So does Corey Hughes cop 15 for KNeeing Perret in the head whilst getting off him?
I saw that too. When Perret was on the ground Hughes just casually dropped the knees into his head but nothing was said about that.:shock:
fulltime said:
I wonder if anyone else saw Morley decide to put a nice stomp on the ankle of a bulldog(big bench forward) early in the 2nd half ( it was on the bulldogs 35-40m on the side closest to the camera)
It was Jarrad Hickey I think.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Razor said:
did you even watch it mattyg? The knee went nowhere near his groin.
With some players that's where their brains are, so he's not too far off the mark.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love the bitter ones trying to take it away from what Morley did by trying to highlight what Hughes might have done earlier in the game.

Get a clue: it doesn't matter who did what. In the 67th minute of last night's match, Adrian Morley just walked out of Australian rugby league for the last time, due to a low thuggish act that should see him gone. Don't base Morley's case on the merits of Hughes' actions earlier the game, base it on that moment and that moment alone. Because I can tell you the judiciary will. And if he doesn't get 15 weeks, the judiciary are kidding themselves.

As I sung in chorus last night.... BYE BYE MORLEY BYE BYE!

Chook

First Grade
Everyone here is assuming Corey Hughes has a set of nuts to knee?

It was a nasty but no dog is more deserving.

Chook.

Tommy Smith said:
Tonight Morley added to his legend. Kneeing that little merkin made my day. We had already lost, our season is already over, and one of our greatest forwards ever is already on the move at seasons end.

Nice way to go out by kneeing arguably the most niggly player in history. Well done Mozza.

L. E. G. E. N. D.

How about I.D.I.O.T...sums up your reply really ??;-)

Stupid act by a very stupid man...Bye morley n dont let the freakin plane door hit you in the ass..ohhhh and heres your suspension to take with you:lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
joel caine number 1 fan said:
and i can garrentee ya something was said behind the refs back cause thats the type of player Hughes is i mean not even dogs fans like him
So are you saying that Morley reacted to a sledge? That would be even dumber.

Zidane, Morley and Danny Williams are starring in the next sequel of the "Fight Club"....should be a cracker !!!.

Raider_69

Post Whore
kudos morley
hughes is a grub of the highest order, as simon suggest, morley should have put one on the little merkins jaw, would of got less time on the sidelines and more impact... about time someone gave it to the f**kwit (hughes)

well done moz

Latest posts