What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris hits out at Eels

1eyedeel

Juniors
Michael Lett YES PLEASE! He's supposed to be off contract to. Hayne + Inu + Lett = Best three teenage backs in Australia

James_Hardie

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
"starts the Morris is a w*nker chant"

Why? He was angry at the way he was treated, why can't he voice that? His comments suggest he was disapointed because the club went "hard" for Lyon (a guy who deserted us) and didn't try at all to keep him (a guy who has tried his butt off week in and week out). Show me one game where John Morris hasn't at least put in, regardless of the play by those around him.

He deserves to be dirty and he has every right to say it, particularly as he isn't going to be here next year.

Infact, as someone who is exposed to the way the club negotiates contracts, and does talk to other players everyday, his comments have more credibility than anyone else (non player that is). Perhaps you should listen to what he is saying.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Why? He was angry at the way he was treated, why can't he voice that? His comments suggest he was disapointed because the club went "hard" for Lyon (a guy who deserted us) and didn't try at all to keep him (a guy who has tried his butt off week in and week out). Show me one game where John Morris hasn't at least put in, regardless of the play by those around him.

He deserves to be dirty and he has every right to say it, particularly as he isn't going to be here next year.

Infact, as someone who is exposed to the way the club negotiates contracts, and does talk to other players everyday, his comments have more credibility than anyone else (non player that is). Perhaps you should listen to what he is saying.

first of all, I agree with you to an extent, none of our players whether they're leaving or not shouldn't be verbally abused if they're wearing our jersey and representing our club, I've been around too long and seen too many players come and go to fall for that and some of us here have learnt in the past that to do that will eventually bite them on the backside.

John will have my support until the 26th round.

secondly, I was told by a source yesterday that John denied making those comments in the paper to the club after he was confronted about it.

makes you wonder doesn't it??

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
first of all, I agree with you to an extent, none of our players whether they're leaving or not shouldn't be verbally abused if they're wearing our jersey and representing our club, I've been around too long and seen too many players come and go to fall for that and some of us here have learnt in the past that to do that will eventually bite them on the backside.

John will have my support until the 26th round.

secondly, I was told by a source yesterday that John denied making those comments in the paper to the club after he was confronted about it.

makes you wonder doesn't it??
oh - you don't plan on supporting him during the finals then? \\\\:D/ :lol:

strider

Post Whore
and FFS stop bitching about the guy everyone - even if he did say it its f**kin nothing !!!! ..... all he said he was disappointed he couldn't stay

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
oh - you don't plan on supporting him during the finals then? \\\\:D/ :lol:

good on you..:roll:

if we make it I'll run naked up and down church street twice.

Kornstar

Coach
He is still a w*nker, he is allowed to state facts but i am with UTE, i never had time for him.

I remember at Newcastle in 2004 when we had lost 5 in a row and we went to Newcastle and we won that game on the bell, the car park was full so we went out and decided to clap the players coming out and stuff and Morris was the only player who walked out and looked through every person there.

People were cheering them and congratulating them and kids were running up to them, Morris walked straight past every single one of them and did not make eye contact or smile or anything......i have seen him do the same thing a few times since then and have not been able to really like him since then

I agree that he always puts in but he is hardly is super star is he? He will only be a loss if we don't sign someone to replace him IMO

Utey

Coach
in all honesty iam doubting whether he even said that, but the papers have their way on twisting words to make it sound like he did.

Utey

Coach
Suitman said:
I don't know if he will hurt us specifically, but you are right. I think he is a big loss.

Suity

Ill never bag a player verbally while his still in our jersey, just letting off some steam. "IF" he did say this and intended to lash out at the club then Id be very disappointed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
He is still a w*nker, he is allowed to state facts but i am with UTE, i never had time for him.

I remember at Newcastle in 2004 when we had lost 5 in a row and we went to Newcastle and we won that game on the bell, the car park was full so we went out and decided to clap the players coming out and stuff and Morris was the only player who walked out and looked through every person there.

People were cheering them and congratulating them and kids were running up to them, Morris walked straight past every single one of them and did not make eye contact or smile or anything......i have seen him do the same thing a few times since then and have not been able to really like him since then

I agree that he always puts in but he is hardly is super star is he? He will only be a loss if we don't sign someone to replace him IMO

that may be true mate, but his definitely not the first Parramatta player that has done that, I've actually seen a few do it and some have even gone as far as not signed autographs, he shouldn't be singled out as the only one.

besides, I'm not even sure that the story is ridgy didge! just remember where it came from?

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
that may be true mate, but his definitely not the first Parramatta player that has done that, I've actually seen a few do it and some have even gone as far as not signed autographs, he shouldn't be singled out as the only one.

besides, I'm not even sure that the story is ridgy didge! just remember where it came from?

I don't really believe the story to tell you the truth, i still don't like him though. I wish the Tigers luck with him but i don't think he will be their half back for long, i think he will play a similar role to what he played at Newcastle, he will fill in when a player is injured.

I guess i have only really seen him do it cause i don't really go to many fan days and stuff cause i wouldn't talk to the players anyways as i would have no idea what to say. So the Morris incidents that i have seen were at that Newcastle game and a couple of times when i have seen him in Westfields and people have congratulated him or something and he has been blatantly rude.

I guess i have also seen Wade around Westfields too and whenever people call out or go up to him, he is polite and smiles.

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
We have lost Morris...Joe Williams will be a good replacement for Tim Smith.

:lol: Joe can't even get a start at halfback at Souths pete. Might be a handy back up but really I think we need to worry about other positions first. Quite seriously I rathe the young Flegg half we have. Tough, good defender and thinks very well on his feet. I'd rather we invest time in him as opposed to again fixing others mistakes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
I don't really believe the story to tell you the truth, i still don't like him though. I wish the Tigers luck with him but i don't think he will be their half back for long, i think he will play a similar role to what he played at Newcastle, he will fill in when a player is injured.

I guess i have only really seen him do it cause i don't really go to many fan days and stuff cause i wouldn't talk to the players anyways as i would have no idea what to say. So the Morris incidents that i have seen were at that Newcastle game and a couple of times when i have seen him in Westfields and people have congratulated him or something and he has been blatantly rude.

I guess i have also seen Wade around Westfields too and whenever people call out or go up to him, he is polite and smiles.

yep, it depends on the individual..

on the upside 2 of the nicest guys that God has ever graced on this earth plays for our club and anyone who has spoken to both Ben and Eric feels the same way after talking to them.

I also like to give credit to 2 other guys who play for other clubs who just wonderful to have a chat to, Preston Campbell and Benji Marshall. I saw Benji at a title fight once and I asked if I can take a photo of him and he refused the offer on the grounds that I wouldn't be in the photo with him, so obviously he won that arguement :lol: , great guy to talk to.

Utey

Coach
the only reason why his continual snubbing pisses me off is that I was reading a Q & A out of Big League a couple of weeks ago and an oldie from the 70's was being questioned. He was talking about signing autographs and he remembers asking a senior player at the club whilst he was still young if he ever got sick of signing autographs, the senior players response was no, its when they stop asking that really pisses you off.

Like it or not the fans make any professional sport what it is, take us out the equation and they are simply nothing. This is why no fan should ever be neglected when someone has given there time or gone out their way to go and see them.

parra pete

Referee
filthy_spammers said:
Michael Lett YES PLEASE! He's supposed to be off contract to. Hayne + Inu + Lett = Best three teenage backs in Australia

I saw Mick Lett carve Queensland up in an Under 17 fixture at Lang Park in 2004. He paved the way for Jarryd Hayne to score four tries in that match..Had a blinder..Greg Inglis was Qld fullback on the night..
He is a cousin to the McGuiness boys.

Kornstar

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
the only reason why his continual snubbing pisses me off is that I was reading a Q & A out of Big League a couple of weeks ago and an oldie from the 70's was being questioned. He was talking about signing autographs and he remembers asking a senior player at the club whilst he was still young if he ever got sick of signing autographs, the senior players response was no, its when they stop asking that really pisses you off.

Like it or not the fans make any professional sport what it is, take us out the equation and they are simply nothing. This is why no fan should ever be neglected when someone has given there time or gone out their way to go and see them.

Exactly, the Newcastle game i was at, i travelled over 2 hours to get there and they had lost 5 in a row, there was so much pressure on them at the time, and myself, along with many other supporters travelled great distances for him to push through and not acknowledge anyone, when the rest of the team including the massively under pressure coach came out and greeted and talked to people and smiled. Morris did none of that, it was very disspointing when little kids were trying to get the attention of one of their heroes and he ignored them.

Kornstar

Coach
Lett got a go in first grade last year for the Roosters, is he injured now and that is why he aint playing or is he just out of favour with Ricky?

eelandia

Juniors
DELETE THE POST...!!!

The Emperor confirmed on 2KY this morning that John told him the article sliced and diced his words and he was taken out of context.....he also mentioned that they had witdrawn the offer to Lyon.