What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris hits out at Eels

eelandia

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Exactly, the Newcastle game i was at, i travelled over 2 hours to get there and they had lost 5 in a row, there was so much pressure on them at the time, and myself, along with many other supporters travelled great distances for him to push through and not acknowledge anyone, when the rest of the team including the massively under pressure coach came out and greeted and talked to people and smiled. Morris did none of that, it was very disspointing when little kids were trying to get the attention of one of their heroes and he ignored them.

WTF...Ray Price told me to rack off after a game when I was about 9 yrs old. Best to separate the player from the man, they rarely live up to expectations. They are there to play footy and earn a living and not all players are going to pander to needy supporters. Tough but true.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PJ Marsh is exactly the same. Always snubbed me when I've shown him respect.

Funnily enough, the guys that are ALWAYS happy to give me their time are the guys that cop the most crap (even from me sometimes) - Wagon, Vella, Burt, Cayless...Those guys ALWAYS are happy to sign autographs or pose for photos and have a quick Q&A with fans...

Besides, I really don't see what the big deal is. Society has come to expect that players give up their time to their fans. And that's perfectly understandable. But disliking a player because he won't give you the time of day but busts his arse for a crappy team? Seems kinda :crazy: to me!

Kornstar

Coach
eelandia said:
WTF...Ray Price told me to rack off after a game when I was about 9 yrs old. Best to separate the player from the man, they rarely live up to expectations. They are there to play footy and earn a living and not all players are going to pander to needy supporters. Tough but true.

Look, i don't care about myself cause i have never talked to a footballer and don't really care whether i do or not. I did not try and say anything to John that night and didn't want to anyway.

The fact is though, whether these players want the attention or not, in this era of proffessionalism i would expect that people getting paid what John and the rest of the boys are to be a little kinder to supporters, especially kids.

We fork out our hard earned money for them to play a sport and get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, would it have killed for him to smile and say thankyou for the compliments especially coming from the kids who are supposed to keep the sport alive in the future?

Kornstar

Coach
Eelementary said:
PJ Marsh is exactly the same. Always snubbed me when I've shown him respect.

Funnily enough, the guys that are ALWAYS happy to give me their time are the guys that cop the most crap (even from me sometimes) - Wagon, Vella, Burt, Cayless...Those guys ALWAYS are happy to sign autographs or pose for photos and have a quick Q&A with fans...

Besides, I really don't see what the big deal is. Society has come to expect that players give up their time to their fans. And that's perfectly understandable. But disliking a player because he won't give you the time of day but busts his arse for a crappy team? Seems kinda :crazy: to me!

You see i also don't believe Morris busts his arse for the team. I do not think much of him as a footballer, regardless of his off-field personality (or lack of anyway). I am not upset about losing him at all to tell you the truth.

I get the same feeling about PJ Marsh aswell, my brother inlaw used to play for the Parra P/L team and he and other people have told me stories about PJ Marsh and i have no respect for him at all! If he left the club i would not be devistated either.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
You see i also don't believe Morris busts his arse for the team. I do not think much of him as a footballer, regardless of his off-field personality (or lack of anyway). I am not upset about losing him at all to tell you the truth.

I get the same feeling about PJ Marsh aswell, my brother inlaw used to play for the Parra P/L team and he and other people have told me stories about PJ Marsh and i have no respect for him at all! If he left the club i would not be devistated either.

Well, I think he just doesn't care anymore lol. But in the past he's given 100% for us imo.

As for PJ...Yeah he's just annoying.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've found PJ to be a great bloke off the field, he's a devout family man and christian and to mention a great clubman.

each to their own I guess.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
I've found PJ to be a great bloke off the field, he's a devout family man and christian and to mention a great clubman.

each to their own I guess.

Yeah he may be a born again christian now, his past though wasn't religious that's for sure.

I still have seen him be a little arrogant to people. He may have changed alot from his younger days, but i still wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost him.

pazzaeel

Juniors
didnt PJ allegedly tell sterlo to f**k off (or something like that) in the dressing rooms after the 2001 grand final??

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
didnt PJ tell sterlo to f**k off (or something like that) in the dressing rooms after the 2001 grand final??

it wasn't after a grand final it was apparently after a normal match and I'm lead to believed that he appologised straight after under the advise of Brian Smith.

Hellsy

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I still have seen him be a little arrogant to people.

I have too, I believe he is a great guy and clubman, but not the most friendliest chap.

Has been a great impact player though

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
it was more on the lines of Sterlo Who? i believe and wasn't in his face

something like that..I don't rememeber it myself only that the incident was a little unsavoury and a there was a lack of respect shown towards the club legend.

yy_cheng

Coach
that damn flatch, where is he when you need him???

And he always bags our players going missing ;-)

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Phillips said:
Morris has always been one of our best, esp through our rough patch the last few yrs.

i wish him all the best although i dont think he is a #7

apposed to what our halfback??

Tim doesnt run the line and has a 1 dimensional game and hes very predictable. He passes or kicks thats why this year hes been found out, players no hes not going to run.

Bazal said:
And that is another reason I never liked the guy....those comments reek of arrogance.

Haven't read through this thread but just posting cause I got a little word on this last night.

Situation is that when interviewed, Sloppy tried to get across to the reporter that he extremely thankful for what the Eels had done for him throughout the last few years, as well as being very helpful in him gaining a three-year contract elsewhere (something along the lines of the Eels may have exercised a one-year clause but were understanding with him looking for something longer and more secure). And guess what happened? The Tele prints the negatives while totally leaving out the positive things he said, just so our Club could be painted in a negative light.

End result? After the article comes out, Sloppy gets up in front of the whole team and apologises and explains the situation and how his intention was to put some positive comments out there about Parra. But he doesn't write the articles, so...........

Phillips

Referee
jayjayselmes said:
apposed to what our halfback??

Tim doesnt run the line and has a 1 dimensional game and hes very predictable. He passes or kicks thats why this year hes been found out, players no hes not going to run.

whats that got to do with my post :sarcasm:

you sir are an idiot

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
Haven't read through this thread but just posting cause I got a little word on this last night.

Situation is that when interviewed, Sloppy tried to get across to the reporter that he extremely thankful for what the Eels had done for him throughout the last few years, as well as being very helpful in him gaining a three-year contract elsewhere (something along the lines of the Eels may have exercised a one-year clause but were understanding with him looking for something longer and more secure). And guess what happened? The Tele prints the negatives while totally leaving out the positive things he said, just so our Club could be painted in a negative light.

End result? After the article comes out, Sloppy gets up in front of the whole team and apologises and explains the situation and how his intention was to put some positive comments out there about Parra. But he doesn't write the articles, so...........

Mate, I heard the same thing and you've got to know understand what the Dogs were going through and the action that they took against tabloid trashed excuse they a news paper.

scottyeel

Bench
Good on John for clearing that up with the people who matter.
Pity them arseholes at the DT won't clear it up for everyone else.