What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris to tigers

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's true, Colonel.

But Farah probably will be a rep-standard hooker (or should be) very soon. And I'm thinking...Why move your representative star hooker to accomodate a solid hooker?

The Colonel

Immortal
When your rep-standard hooker was a very good half in the lower grades and given the lack of quality NSW halves could very well push for rep selection there as well it is worth the gamble.

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
I my opinion John Morris is a HUGE loss. One of the dedicated and reliable players at the Club...

I agree to the extent of the fact that he is a very good utility player. I'd have been more disappointed had he excelled in one position.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
My brother is a tigers fan and was not looking forward to Morris joining. This is what I said to him

"I know you don’t like the fact that Morris may be coming to the club but he is a professional player in all aspects and has possible leadership characteristics.

He will generally never let you down but also hardly win you any games. He can play a number of positions, albeit none of them really well.

I have heard it mentioned that Benji may go to halfback and Morris to 5/8th but I think that cut down Benji’s space and ruin his effectiveness.

My main fear about Morris at the tigers is that he tends to hog the ball a lot and his job will be to distribute the ball to Benji. Also as he is a not a natural half or a game breaker, sides can concentrate on only shutting Benji as Morris won’t really hurt you.

His positives are his kicking game is alright especially his bombs (which get under used at parra) and his defence is very good.

Utey

Coach
I was keen to see him go but I think we must have someone penned in for the #6 jersey already. Its a big void to fill thats for sure.

Redback71

First Grade
damn why did they let him go the damn donkeys (actually a donkey has more brains than half of the idiots there)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:
damn why did they let him go the damn donkeys (actually a donkey has more brains than half of the idiots there)

why don't you wait and see why in a week or 2, in the scheme of things his no big loss, very very replaceable.

eelavation said:
why don't you wait and see why in a week or 2, in the scheme of things his no big loss, very very replaceable.

He is no big loss but we need to re-sign Green or get a decent 5/8. If we don't do either then Moriss would be a BIG loss as we have nobody else.

eel4life

Juniors
If we dont get someone then your right Jake Massive loss, but for us to lose Johnny means we are getting some quality.

We have lost Morris, Widders, Morrison, Stringer, Odwyer, Cannings and to add to this looks like Mckinnon aswell, due to the fact he hasnt signed the 2 year deal.

We need a 5/8th we need some new forwards aswell.

This might give credit that lyon could still be on the cards to stay at parra, and we will be in the hunt to sign some forwards, actually we need to get 3 good young mobile hungry forwards, otherwise we will be in the wilderness for the next couple of years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel4life said:
If we dont get someone then your right Jake Massive loss, but for us to lose Johnny means we are getting some quality.

We have lost Morris, Widders, Morrison, Stringer, Odwyer, Cannings and to add to this looks like Mckinnon aswell, due to the fact he hasnt signed the 2 year deal.

We need a 5/8th we need some new forwards aswell.

This might give credit that lyon could still be on the cards to stay at parra, and we will be in the hunt to sign some forwards, actually we need to get 3 good young mobile hungry forwards, otherwise we will be in the wilderness for the next couple of years.

Lyon won't be at the club...let's just see what happens with the other predictions.

James_Hardie

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
I would have to agree. We must be a real certainty to get a decent 5/8th if we even allowed Morris to negotiate.

Dare i suggest we allowed Morris permission to negotiate at a time when we assumed "it" was returning.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Dare i suggest we allowed Morris permission to negotiate at a time when we assumed "it" was returning.

I'm almost adamant that if we wanted Morris we would of held on to him.