What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris to tigers

James_Hardie

Juniors
Well he seemd pretty disapointed when told he could negotiate. Perhaps he was told he could look around (when we thought we had "it"). Then he has pulled the plug, we went back to Morris, and he has said bugger you, I have a decent offer from the Tigers?!.

All started with a "perhaps".

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Well he seemd pretty disapointed when told he could negotiate. Perhaps he was told he could look around (when we thought we had "it"). Then he has pulled the plug, we went back to Morris, and he has said bugger you, I have a decent offer from the Tigers?!.

All started with a "perhaps".

Lyon pulled the plug on us about 3 to 4 weeks ago, we gave Morris permission about a week ago..not a bad theory, but it doesn't stack up.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Lyon pulled the plug on us about 3 to 4 weeks ago, we gave Morris permission about a week ago..not a bad theory, but it doesn't stack up.

Well it was only 6 weeks ago that he "apparantly" contacted us.

If and when this is announced as "official", he will "officially" go into my books as a complete wanker.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Well it was only 6 weeks ago that he "apparantly" contacted us.

If and when this is announced as "official", he will "officially" go into my books as a complete wanker.

Suity

actually it was longer than that, but regardless he's more than a wanker to me..

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelavation said:
I have no idea.

I've held off saying this for a while but how can you be so certain Lyon won't come back yet have absolutely no clue as to a replacement? You'd have to have an inside source to be so confident about all of this, I don't care who it is but I'd like to know how they can be so certain the Lyon thing is over but not know anything about our next target.

Morris.. well he's done a good job for us, always tries his heart out and I wish him all the best at the Tigpies.

James_Hardie

Juniors
eelavation said:

A week ago!, really seems longer. That is one of the quickest negotiations ever then!? They must have offered Johnny some serious coin and he hasn't even contemplated or asked if the Eels were willing to match it (or he flat out didn't want to play with Hagan. The "if's" are endless i guess).

We would want to have someone sow'n up because Morris was our best in 04, formed a brilliant partnership with Tim in 05 and has been our most consistant (along with Hindmarsh) in 06. He will leave a big gap.

strider

Post Whore
johnny did well to get a 3yr deal ... alot of players are only getting 2yr deals these days .... i'd say it was an offer too good to refuse for johnny

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Wests Tigers have been talking with Morris for more than a week and he was given permission more than a week ago to speak with the Tigers.

I think you will find he will play like Prince and slot in as a 5/8th but with a better kicking game, Benji will move to Halfback like he was playing over the last 6 weeks or so which was funny enough when we started to pick up form.

He was the best avaliable option that was on the market we had to sign someone to fill the void - my only concern is its a 3yr deal

He won't play hooker thats for sure, Farah is 100 times the player he is and then we have young Flanaghan who is rated the next big thing behind Farah and made his debut already this year (he is simular to Farah just quicker out of dummy half and doesn't kick)

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Glenn said:
Hmmm if the Tigs are hoping Johnny is going to fill the role of Scott Prince, they will be disappointed.

Its funny they cant be more dissapoointed than our current dud halfback!

Krakow

Juniors
James_Hardie said:
We would want to have someone sow'n up because Morris was our best in 04, formed a brilliant partnership with Tim in 05 and has been our most consistant (along with Hindmarsh) in 06. He will leave a big gap.

Couldn't have written it any better.

I have this feeling that it will come back to haunt us ........

Mighty Tiger

Bench
strider said:
johnny did well to get a 3yr deal ... alot of players are only getting 2yr deals these days .... i'd say it was an offer too good to refuse for johnny

I was told we didn't throw a huge amount of money at him, he was earning more with his current deal at the Eels than what he will get at the Tigers - maybe it was the Benji factor, maybe it was the way he was told go look due to possible Lyon staying, or maybe he was sick of Parra like other players are at the moment

V1er

Juniors
geeze, the way some people are going on you'd think we'd lost the worlds greatest player! sure its a shame to see morris go, but there are better 5/8's out there IMO.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
I was told we didn't throw a huge amount of money at him, he was earning more with his current deal at the Eels than what he will get at the Tigers - maybe it was the Benji factor, maybe it was the way he was told go look due to possible Lyon staying, or maybe he was sick of Parra like other players are at the moment
The word that was commin out in the papers looked more like parra wanted to get rid of him than him hating anybody. he is a great clubman hope he goes well.

Suitman

Post Whore
V1er said:
geeze, the way some people are going on you'd think we'd lost the worlds greatest player! sure its a shame to see morris go, but there are better 5/8's out there IMO.

Really? Than you find one, and get him to Parra.

Suity

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Angry_eel said:
The word that was commin out in the papers looked more like parra wanted to get rid of him than him hating anybody. he is a great clubman hope he goes well.

Thats what I was refering to by posting "maybe it was the way he was told go look due to possible Lyon staying".

yy_cheng

Coach
Maybe we have to rely on our Flegg players next year and the money for signing players will goto paying pokie's tax.

Or maybe we want to spend big for 2008 !!!

V1er

Juniors
Suitman said:
Really? Than you find one, and get him to Parra.

Suity

give me an unmarked car and i'll go kidnap benji marshall replace his shoulder bones with metal and brainwash him into thinking he plays for parra. :crazy:

Angry_eel

First Grade
V1er said:
give me an unmarked car and i'll go kidnap benji marshall replace his shoulder bones with metal and brainwash him into thinking he plays for parra. :crazy:
ROFL might as well get hunt rather then you serving sentence for a potential manslaughter.