What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Suli

possm

Coach
Yeah its exhausting isn't it. Its like a bad dream that just wont end.

The centre position is not our main problem now with Lomax and Williame backed up by some very good up and coming juniors.

If we can rid the team of Lafai, Aitken, Dufty and Norman, we should have enough spare cap to buy a first-grade fullback. Sullivan and Sailor are good backup players for Hunt and Clune. Norman is no longer required.

What the team really needs is a top grade fullback, a top-grade prop and a top-grade lock to replace De Belin if required.. From what I've seen this season, Merrin and Lawrie are bench player standard while Kerr is on his way to be of the first-grade standard but not there yet. I hope we will give Blacker back for 2021 and that he progresses to his full potential.

thebigredv

First Grade
I've used a lot of hyperboles to describe the events of the last 5 - 9 years, but not even I could have conjured up the shame and brutal beat down that has been thrust upon us, the fans, in this current time.

Suli wasn't going to save us, but he even has the brains to see it and say it as it is. The truth hurts. Meanwhile, the salt on the wound is that we have been fed dribble from the media, Dragons staff and players for an extended period. Spin, lies and filler. People joke about switching clubs which is not really an option for any of us, but I wonder if I will ever be able to trust or support this club again, properly.

Bring out the broom of all brooms.

getsmarty

Immortal
sulim-1gp_6009.jpg

SIGNINGS

Suli staying at Manly for less in Red V blow
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Tue 2 Jun 2020, 04:39 PM
walshdan-head.png

Rising Manly star Moses Suli is poised to recommit to the maroon and white, knocking back a lucrative Dragons offer worth around $2 million in another blow to the joint-venture's recruitment plans.

NRL.com understands Suli has told Manly he will remain at the club until the end of 2022 on an upgraded two-year extension, worth roughly $550,000 a season.

Neither the Dragons or Sea Eagles have made official comment on Suli's future, but it is understood the Manly deal is in the process of being finalised.

His re-commitment represents a serious financial sacrifice in the short-term, with the Sea Eagles' deal worth around $125,000 less a season than the Dragons three-year offer.

St George Illawarra pursued Suli hard before the COVID-19 shutdown with a deal that would have made him one of the highest-paid centres in the NRL.

But as reported by NRL.com earlier on Tuesday, mounting dramas around the Dragons and uncertainty over Paul McGregor's future played a significant part in Suli's decision.

With Suli beginning to show signs of fulfilling his lofty potential, the 21-year-old knocked back an initial four-year Manly extension, backing himself to stay at the club on a shorter contract and cash in on his next deal in two years time.

Suli has thrived under Des Hasler's coaching after being offered an NRL lifeline by predecessor Trent Barrett, who signed him on a cut-price train-and-trial contract in 2018.

Hasler has helped keep Suli's playing weight on track and as a result he bagged six tries from 22 impressive games last year.

Having already bounced through Wests Tigers and Canterbury, the security of Hasler's tutelage and bond with several Manly teammates loomed large in the Sea Eagles retention bid.

At the same time the Dragons' ongoing dramas haven't helped their cause.

Mounting pressure on McGregor and Saturday's listless loss to the Warriors, the club's 13th from their past 15 games, make for a difficult recruitment sell.

The Dragons have centres Euan Aitken and Tim Lafai both coming off-contract in 2020 and unlikely to be retained with neither able to crack a starting spot.

A strike outside back has been high on the Dragons wish list for some time, with Suli and Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr among the club's targets.

Tyson Frizell's move to Newcastle next season also has the Red V hunting a back-row replacement after the NSW Origin and Test star said a team's premiership chances would dictate where he plays beyond 2020.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/02/suli-considers-staying-at-manly-for-less-in-red-v-blow/

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Smart boy doesn’t want his career down the toilet like so many other Dragons players. Why would you play Norman at fullback when probably the most consistent fullback we have had (that’s a bit of a stretch I know) was Tristan Sailor.
Yes, we certainly are not the club that any decent player wants to come to nowadays and guys like Sailor, Host and others will be looking for other clubs to play with and get out of this mess we are in.

Unfortunately guys, irrespective of what happens to our coaching staff, it will take a very long time to re-establish ourselves as a dominant and sought after club for good players to come to.

It is an absolute joke that here we are, the league has restarted, round 4 gets underway tomorrow night, and what was supposed to be a great thing, all this drama at the Dragons puts a damper on me having much interest in the games.

The calm one

Juniors
The centre position is not our main problem now with Lomax and Williame backed up by some very good up and coming juniors.

If we can rid the team of Lafai, Aitken, Dufty and Norman, we should have enough spare cap to buy a first-grade fullback. Sullivan and Sailor are good backup players for Hunt and Clune. Norman is no longer required.

What the team really needs is a top grade fullback, a top-grade prop and a top-grade lock to replace De Belin if required.. From what I've seen this season, Merrin and Lawrie are bench player standard while Kerr is on his way to be of the first-grade standard but not there yet. I hope we will give Blacker back for 2021 and that he progresses to his full potential.
You constantly rave on about getting rid of Norman, Hunt or both. Just for something different can you please inform us how we go about getting rid of them. NO ONE will want them

hazzbeen

Bench
You constantly rave on about getting rid of Norman, Hunt or both. Just for something different can you please inform us how we go about getting rid of them. NO ONE will want them
I think I have a solution , trips to the moon are on the agenda , how about Mary take these guys with him and start a team up there .... Mary is defiantly from another planet with his coaching ...... :):):)

merahputih

Juniors
I think I have a solution , trips to the moon are on the agenda , how about Mary take these guys with him and start a team up there .... Mary is defiantly from another planet with his coaching ...... :):):)
With the lower gravity even I could get a run there.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm not talking Illawarra

In case you need clarification I'm talking the Gordon family

It took me a while but I accept the merger / both sides would most likely be gone if it didn't happen
But the decline started before the Gordon’s took the 50% share, you can’t just point the finger at them.

There’s been folk in charge of both a league team and a leagues club who have presided over the entire mess.

Change is needed across the board.

The calm one

Juniors
Listen man. The only thing on another planet around here is, Owen myself and the odd tomato plant. The Chosen One has been invited on numerous occasions but I am yet to receive favourable feedback from him.