What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most hated club

most hated clubs (up to 2)

• gold coast titans

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • wests tigers

Votes: 31 4.8%
  • paramatta eels

Votes: 79 12.3%
  • st george illawarra dragons

Votes: 115 17.9%
  • south sydney rabbitohs

Votes: 76 11.8%
  • sydney roosters

Votes: 122 19.0%
  • brisbane broncos

Votes: 89 13.8%
  • cronulla sharks

Votes: 47 7.3%
  • canberra raiders

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • manly sea eagles

Votes: 165 25.7%
  • new zealand warriors

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • melbourne storm

Votes: 189 29.4%
  • north queensland cowboys

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • penrith panthers

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • newcastle knights

Votes: 13 2.0%
  • canterbury bulldogs

Votes: 137 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garts

Bench
I voted Manly and the Cheats. I hate the cheats more than Manly.

btw, it's so cute how some Warriors fans are trying to manufacture a rivalry/hatred with Parra, thinking that we actually care about your team... Especiallyconsidering you guys sit under our table waiting for our scraps each year :)

Melbourne or Canterbury

Slackboy72

Coach
It would be interesting to see what you'd get if we could name more than two.
I have a good amount of hate for at least three teams and some lesser vitriol for another three at least.

krudmonk

Juniors
Hating a club most for cheating would be fine if they weren't reamed so hard for it. The Storm are now with fewer titles, different management, changing roster and a wasted season. Not exactly the same entity which committed the offense.

Doomednow

Bench
Quite the contrary MSIH. I never said we didnt have bandwagon fans, i said EVERY team has them.

Not the Panthers, we don't have any fans.

Hating a club most for cheating would be fine if they weren't reamed so hard for it. The Storm are now with fewer titles, different management, changing roster and a wasted season. Not exactly the same entity which committed the offense.

I see your point, but that sort of thing doesn't go away. And it shouldn't. Every club who even considers cheating should know that their image and history will be forever stained. In any case there's other reasons to hate the Storm, even before the cheating thing they were grubby tacklers.

Slackboy72

Coach

But don't you see that they have ruined the hopes and dreams of so many players and fans through selfish disregard of the rules. Ask yourself if Parra would have won in 2007 or 2009 if the storm had played by the rules. Imagine what that would mean to all those players, officials and fans who have been striving legitimately since 1986 for a title. Ask yourself if Nathan Hindmarsh deserves a winners medal. He won't see it because the storm management and players didn't care about what was right. They just wanted the boats, the new kitchens and the silverware. Now if you think that it's a different joint now because Waldron has gone then think again.

They are not a rugby league club.
They are a ruthless News Ltd marketing exercise.
Like News Ltd, they are evil.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Only problem is that we still have players like Brett Finch making sour grapes comments like 'we would have won back-to-back premierships'. Statements like that overlook the little matters of the cheating and the getting caught.

There's also the fact that now every time a team wins a premiership, they will have to fight off the suspicions caused by Melbourne and the biggest cheating rort in the history of the game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
My hate for the storm became before their cheating scandals. Grapple tackles, Bellamy the whinging bogan, slater and other arrogant fools were all things that made me dislike this club. And post cheat they've been just as arrogant and unwilling to admit wrongdoing.
It is a shame I don't have any time for the storm because a successful club in melbourne is a would be a good thing for the game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It is a shame I don't have any time for the storm because a successful club in melbourne is a would be a good thing for the game.
This is the real harm that the creation of the Storm caused. Having a legitimate and legal team doing well in Melbourne would have been great.

Once the Sydney comp had to be sacrificed to make way for a national competition, I thought 'ok, if that's the way it is let's expand the game as good as we can'.

Melbourne was part of the long term plan but crikey, what a price we have paid.

Born out of the destructive elements of Super League, could there be a worst platform on which to start a Melbourne club? Sorry, 'franchise'.

The trade-offs in 1998, the ensuing conflicts of interest, and the fight for ownership of the very game itself had the Storm's grubby fingerprints all over it. It should be little wonder that they thought they could get away with anything. The NRL and News Ltd created a monster.

What it could have been if it was just done right in the first place.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
While I don't so much hate any club (hate's such a strong word), the two clubs I really love seeing my boys at the Warriors beat are Eels & Storm.

So they get my pick.

Of course the great Warriors rival is always Broncos, but I supported them to a degree before Warriors joined so I can't choose to hate them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
While I don't so much hate any club (hate's such a strong word), the two clubs I really love seeing my boys at the Warriors beat are Eels & Storm.

Why do so many Warriors fans have it in for the Eels? Is it because we beat you in two finals matches? There can't be anything else. We don't pinch your players (if anything it's the other way around) and we've never cheated you out of a premiership.

We even had the Kiwi captain for over a decade and now we have the Kiwi coach (not that Warriors fans automatically follow NZ in international rugby league). Nearly every Parra fan would have the Warriors way down the list for most hated team, so why all the one-way loathing?

And before you get up me for having a cry, I'm not - hating other teams is part of what makes sports fandom fun. I'm just curious about your reasons.

Jason Maher

Immortal

My hate for the Storm began the day I first heard of them in 1997. And nothing since has ever made me want to reconsider my opinion.

stormbati

Bench
A few years from now everyone will be back hating other Sydney clubs and the broncos.
Let's move on, at least Dragons fans aren't whingeing about the Storm anymore.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A few years from now everyone will be back hating other Sydney clubs and the broncos.
Might take a while stormbati. Fans don't simply move on when they know their club was beaten by another club fielding an illegal team.
stormbati said:
Let's move on, at least Dragons fans aren't whingeing about the Storm anymore.
People are allowed to feel ripped off.

Interestingly, the 'water under the bridge' card was played by some Canterbury supporters as well.

Unfortunately, there are some Storm supporters who still don't understand the reaching effects of their club's rorting. And calling other supporters 'whingers' just highlights that lack of understanding. There should be no excuses or deflection of blame on this.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
But don't you see that they have ruined the hopes and dreams of so many players and fans through selfish disregard of the rules. Ask yourself if Parra would have won in 2007 or 2009 if the storm had played by the rules. Imagine what that would mean to all those players, officials and fans who have been striving legitimately since 1986 for a title. Ask yourself if Nathan Hindmarsh deserves a winners medal. He won't see it because the storm management and players didn't care about what was right. They just wanted the boats, the new kitchens and the silverware. Now if you think that it's a different joint now because Waldron has gone then think again.

+1

Us Parra fans cop a lot of crap from other fans for not winning a GF since 86, but we've been knocked out in the finals, or GF, by a cheating Storm team 3 times in the last 4 years. 2007 we would've been a bloody good chance to win, and 2009 an even better chance.
Those chances are gone now due to the cheating scum. I used to like the Storm but not anymore, they've robbed Parra over the last few years.
Actually, they've robbed everyone.:x

sarahk

Juniors

That's exactly right Slackboy. That basically echoes how i feel about the Storm.

People call us whingers for complaining about the storm cheating last year and how we could have won, but i don't think its whinging. I was at the game and it was heartbreaking to see my team lose and i felt even worse when i found out that Storm had won that game illegitimately. Whenever i complain about it, people tell me to HTFU, but that's much easier said than done when your team hasn't won since 1986 and the few chances you have had you were robbed by cheats.

Knightmare

Coach
...Or a Newcastle side that were too good. ;-) TBH I don't hate the Storm, I dislike Slater (cheap shot merkin and a little bitch who I would LOVE to see get knocked on his arse in a toe-to-toe) and Big Game the woman bashing, knuckledragging caveman (you watch, he will be the next player to jump codes for the $$$) but other than that, I can't say the hate is there. They are/ were a boring team, they had the (illegally assembled) squad but preferred to play dull defence oriented football and then rely on a moment of brilliance from one of their superstars to win the game. They were too good a team to need to worry with all this wrestling chicken wing bulls**t. They could have played attractive, open attacking football like the Tigers of 2005 or the 2002-03 Warriors, but instead unless you followed them, they put you to sleep. And when they won, what good did it do for the code in Victoria? If their success was equaling more games at a decent hour on TV and more exposure in the AFL saturated media, I would have applauded it, but it was hard to feel that great about their success when areas like Townsville and the A.C.T would have benefitted much more for League in their areas if their local teams were winning.

I felt terrible for the Storm fans I know who have supported the team since the first game in 1998, the people whose houses I have been to and seen David Kidwell's jersey from the Storm's 100th home match on display in the bar, along with all the framed team posters and drinks glasses, cushions, bar runners etc. These are the people who would take me in on my trips down to Melbourne and be nothing but accomodating. These are the people who invited me to the members' only after match function after last years' GF. One of the posters on here is a person whom myself and her now boyfriend bought a framed picture of the Stor'm's 2007 *title* as a surprise. As she lamented to me "What do I do with that picture now?" The only glee I really took from their downfall was knowing that Slater/ Big Game/ Finch/ Smith have won f**k all and a minority of their fans who had become quite arrogant about their success, now had to face the cold hard facts that their air of superiority was all built on deception and lies.

Last edited:

sharkadelic

Juniors
I hate a lot of teams. Brisbane and Canterbury would have to be my pick though. I never knew how much I hated them till I found myself cheering for the Roosters in both their grand finals against those teams

Latest posts