What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most hated club

most hated clubs (up to 2)

• gold coast titans

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • wests tigers

Votes: 31 4.8%
  • paramatta eels

Votes: 79 12.3%
  • st george illawarra dragons

Votes: 115 17.9%
  • south sydney rabbitohs

Votes: 76 11.8%
  • sydney roosters

Votes: 122 19.0%
  • brisbane broncos

Votes: 89 13.8%
  • cronulla sharks

Votes: 47 7.3%
  • canberra raiders

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • manly sea eagles

Votes: 165 25.7%
  • new zealand warriors

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • melbourne storm

Votes: 189 29.4%
  • north queensland cowboys

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • penrith panthers

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • newcastle knights

Votes: 13 2.0%
  • canterbury bulldogs

Votes: 137 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambretta

First Grade
The final insult is that Melbourne did shed a lot of very good talent over the period they were cheating... and they still couldn't fit the bloated salaries of Inglis, Cronk, Smith, and Slater under the cap. So not only are they filthy cheats, they're incompetent with it.

True. After all, anyone who documents their own cheating can't really be very competent. They should do what everyone else does and put cash in brown paper bags.... I mean run a clean ship :sarcasm:

Lambretta

First Grade
I was hoping and expecting that we would be a bit more hated. I guess because there is so many of us that we are probably doing most of the hating in this poll.

I love that we are hated.

Well, if it makes you feel any better I think you're a wanker and the team you follow are complete arses.

^5's :cool: :alcho:

Joker's Wild

Coach
HATE (in no particular order apart from Melbourne as number 1 with a bullet)

Melbourne - Hate the players for acting like they'd done nothing wrong, hate that they beat Manly with an illegal team in the 2007 GF and 2009 final, hate Bellamys frothing gob, hate Billy Slaters flying studs, sqeaky voice and channel 9 work, hate their purple jerseys, hate their stupid abstract team mascot, and hate their parent organisation.

Brisbane - Hate the News Ltd dodgyness, hate their monopoly on the Brisbane market, hate their awesome stadium and financial security, and hate the way the seem to get away with sidestepping the salary cap.

St george - Hate sowards ridiculous little prance.

Souths - Hate the Russell Crowe earnest man love.

Penrith - Hated the small crowd they got at that finals game last year, hate that they haven't been able to successfully build into the league superpower they should be considering their location.

Easts - Hate their channel 9 connection, and their poaching.

Cowboys - Hate their whingy moronic halfback.

Warriors - Hate their unrealised potential.

Cronulla - Hate how depressing it is to watch them on a cold winters night at Toyota,, even if Manly beats them.

Knights - I guess as a Manly supporter I should hate something but can't think of anything now.

Parra - Hate their coin tossing fans.

Bulldogs - Hate the pack aggro of some of their fans, and hate whoever threw a can of beer at my girlfrind at Brookvale a few years ago.

Tigers - Hate the diving.

Canberra - Hate that I never get to watch them play cos Brisbane, St George, Easts or Parra are on the telly.

Gold coast - Hate their tackyness.

Manly - Hate what happened after 2008, hate the lack of enthusiasm from fans and players last year, hate the lack of funding provided to upgrade Brookvale, hate the inane, unfunny and embarrasing new songs and chants pumped out by the small but vocal group of Manly nerds/geniuss who have popped up over the last coupla years, hate the relitively small home crowds and lack of away support, hate that you can no longer smoke on the hill, and hate that I have to wait 4 months before I can go to another game.

All that hate is tiring so its time for bed.

You hate the fact that we beat and you in the '97 GF and that Maddog stepped all over Tooveys face

Big Pete

Referee
Not that I specifically hate any of these clubs, each team always has something going against it.

Brisbane: Sam Thaiday and his penchant for running third man in. Also their continual insistence of how great they are.

Canberra: Terry Campese and his attitude. His defence also can come under fire as he always seems to lay an eternity over players. Although, the general reason people dislike Canberra is the fanbase.

Canterbury - Now the masters of cheque book Rugby League. Ennis and Idris also seem to cop a lot of flack around these parts.

Cronulla: Basically because of the damage they did to the game in 2009. Gallen also has his history...that and they're also fairly ordinary to watch.

Gold Coast: Whingers and also home to the likes of Bird and Friend.

Manly: Everybody hates Manly...fielding Lyon, Watmough and Matai doesn't help.

Melbourne: You don't need me to explain why people hate Melbourne.

Newcastle: The drug busts at the end of last year/start of this year. Kidley leading NSW to two unsuccesful Origin campaigns hasn't helped.

North Queensland: Thurston...and their s**t.

Parramatta: Sacking of Anderson, Hayne and Tahu. Some of the fans also ask for it.

Penrith: Just Matt Elliott really...

St. George Illawarra: The whole ús vs them' campaign they ran after winning the grand final. Signing of Gasnier and the behaviour of fans since Bennett arrived. To be fair, the behaviour has improved with the grand final win.

South Sydney: Still play the 'pride of the League' card and their promise of having the best pack in the comp. fell well short.

Sydney Roosters: Former champions of cheque book Rugby League...Carney and Anasta compromises matters too. All in all though I think the Roosters definitely improved their public image in 2010.

Warriors: They're Kiwis? Seriously...can you hate the Warriors?

West Tigers: Sheens and the constant whinging about Farah.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Melbourne's scandal has only temporarily dethroned Manly from their rightful seat as most hated cluib.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A Brisbane supporter claiming Canterbury does chequebook rugby league :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Does it not land the Dogs into the hot water? I'm just saying these are the reasons that turn fans against certain sides.

Besides, the Broncos roster is mostly made up of players who made their debut at the club or were at least juniors at some point.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Three administrations ago actually, and most of the players in the club had come through the junior grades.

We haven't been in trouble with the cap during the Greenberg era.

The Rosco

Bench
So . . . which team do you hate the most, and why the hate. ?
We all have a team or 2 that we love to watch take a hiding.
Exactly what is it about them that busts your things ?. Is it their fans ?. Their playing style?.

Let's try and put up better reasons than " because they are gay", or "Jamie's a wanker", or "Benji is a pin-up boy", or "Ennis is a tool" . . . although these might be part of your reasoning :D

MSIH

Bench
Bulldogs. Not because they poached Des Hasler, but because Des Hasler is their coach. I really dislike that guy, and Greenburg.

gUt

Coach
The Broncos because they are gay, Parra because Jamie's a wanker, The Cowboys because Benji is a pin-up boy, The Warriors because Ennis is a tool

Grapple

Bench
Newcastle and Penrith.

I don't really hate them... I just have always found them middle of the road teams that bore me to death watching them.
I used to hate Cronulla, but i've grown to respect their fans for putting up with their rubbish team and also seeing Paul Gallen's consistent hard work.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Roosters: For obvious reasons but...

Their captain is a sook
Their prop is a short fused f*ckwit
Their fans suddenly come out left right and centre as soon as they begin to win and disappear into thin air when they begin to lose
They have no members or fans, no crowds
They are overrated by the NRL
They call themselves 'Sydney', no, you're Eastern Suburbs

StormHi

Juniors
Bronco's (As a Bouncer had to many run ins with their grubby players and seen so many antics covered up by the media and Police.... Grub culture = Grub team (Although players like Jack Reed and Wallace are making me hate them just a little less)

Bulldogs (Used to like them till DoggiesBro now I think any team that attracts such a loser can't possibly have any good points)

Latest posts