What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most hated club

most hated clubs (up to 2)

• gold coast titans

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • wests tigers

Votes: 31 4.8%
  • paramatta eels

Votes: 79 12.3%
  • st george illawarra dragons

Votes: 115 17.9%
  • south sydney rabbitohs

Votes: 76 11.8%
  • sydney roosters

Votes: 122 19.0%
  • brisbane broncos

Votes: 89 13.8%
  • cronulla sharks

Votes: 47 7.3%
  • canberra raiders

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • manly sea eagles

Votes: 165 25.7%
  • new zealand warriors

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • melbourne storm

Votes: 189 29.4%
  • north queensland cowboys

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • penrith panthers

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • newcastle knights

Votes: 13 2.0%
  • canterbury bulldogs

Votes: 137 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carcharias

Immortal
Mate I hope you're taking the piss because it's well established that this didn't happen, it was Telucrap bullsh*t. The NRL is the only body that orders Premiership T's. Maintaining a belief in this garbage undermines your cred. Hate by all means if you want to, but not for mythical reasons.

just on those red premeirs shirts.

( yes yes I wish my team would win - however)

they are as ugly as....you can barely read them they are that busy.

Whoever designed them needs to look at this and tells us all what number they see.
ishihara-transformation.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Whoever designed them needs to look at this and tells us all what number they see.

God-King Dean

Immortal

I agree. It's a mess.

Still wear it every day though. :cool:

bottle

Coach

They also come in white. Do you want one, I'll shout ya.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mate I hope you're taking the piss because it's well established that this didn't happen, it was Telucrap bullsh*t. The NRL is the only body that orders Premiership T's. Maintaining a belief in this garbage undermines your cred. Hate by all means if you want to, but not for mythical reasons.
Maybe a little from column A, and a little from column B.

How many people noticed the Roosters pulling on their 'Grand Finalists 2010' T-shirts immediately after full time in the preliminary final?

Suddenly it's accepted knowledge that the NRL controls the finals merchandise.

I had a chuckle.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
The "Fibros v silvertails" was a bit before my time.

My loathing of Manly stems from:

1. Matthew "Bitch" Ridge

2. Peter "Fat bitch" Peters

3. Fatty "Fat, red-headed bitch" Vautin

4. Martin "Stupid, fat bitch" Bella

5. Old bitches on the hill at Bitchvale Oval

6. Steve "The Wincer" Matai

7. Geoff "Please, cave my face in" Toovey

Apologies to any Manly bitches I left out.

You know who you are, .... bitches.

I tend to agree with the comments above. But, I believe the offical term for Manly players/officials/fans is SCUM. hence the expression - "I hate Manly scum".

So - 2 teams I hate:
1. Manly; and
2. Manly toyota cup team.

simostorm

Bench

kids.. thats what happens when you dont where protection..

Lambretta

First Grade
Roosters - Where's the cheque book roosters - well I know the chequebook wont be anywhere near their own juniors because they purposely dont want any, why would you spend money investing in your own when you can pinch everyone else's.

I laugh like f**k every time I hear comments like this.

It's the Rugby League way of saying "I'm completely clueless about Geography, History or reality - so I'll just hang onto the same reason for hating Easts that everyone else uses"

Try coming with something a) original or b) vaguely truthful.

PS. You forgot "they are based in a wealthy demographic area" - "their players drink coffee that originated in Southern European counties errr just like the players and supporters of every other club in Australia" - "their fans drink Chardonnay which is ironically the most tacky and bogan of wines" (this hasn't been updated since the late 80's the same as the Juniors arguement) and "they don't have any fans"

PPS. Please hate us more. If we're hated, we're obviously doing our job right :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't hate you Lambretta.

Some of my best friends are Easts supporters.

What's your take on the Roosters pulling on their 'Grand Finalists 2010' T-shirts immediately after full time in the preliminary final? The club 'arrogantly' printing them beforehand, or the NRL taking charge of the merchandise?

I know you'll give the right answer, but how many posters did the crap paper suck in during premiership t-shirt lie of 2009?

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't hate you Lambretta.

Some of my best friends are Easts supporters.

What's your take on the Roosters pulling on their 'Grand Finalists 2010' T-shirts immediately after full time in the preliminary final? The club 'arrogantly' printing them beforehand, or the NRL taking charge of the merchandise?

I know you'll give the right answer, but how many posters did the crap paper suck in during premiership t-shirt lie of 2009?

:lol: Did we do that?

It's a great reason to hate us that one. I'd prefer "you're a pack of arrogant sh*ts" over "boo hoo, you've signed a player who grew up elsewhere sooky sooky" when every sodding club does it (and our Juniors area was stolen 70 years ago and never given back)

I really would like to get my hands on a Roosters "Grand Final Winners" t-shirt for 2010. Come on, we must have printed some. I'd even pay as much as $2 for one.

Sydney Roosters - doing things like everyone else for 20 years and being hated for it. That's a better slogan than "United"

PS you know I quoted Minosore right?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think a lot of the current dragons hate isn't neccessarily due to their success, more to the perception that they play boring, defensive football and that they have been so successful with that style. I think a lot of people are concerned attacking football will put on the backburner to emulate that style. I'm not convinced it will, and I think its only a matter of time till a team gets it right and blows teams who decide to grind off the park.

Not unless they change the rules so that exciting play becomes less risky.

Despite being premiers the Dragons are fairly low on the hate scale because they are mostly boring and irrelevant. Kind of like the Sharks.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No that would be Parra.

Our bandwagon fans outnumber everybody when we're winning and even when we're not we get the best TV ratings.

No that would be Souths, we have bandwagoners even when we're not making the finals, just wait until we have a good year. Look at our membership numbers and our crowd numbers, better than Parra's on both counts, even though we had a similar 2010 and an inferior 2009.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm actually surprised they don't rate higher given what I read on this forum. Their haters seem to be the most vitriolic, repetitive and consistent. It leads to an incorrect assumption that the overall numbers are higher than the poll suggests.

A case of empty vessels and noise I suppose.

More like you're confusing hate for the club with hate for the fans.

It's the same for Parra. Everybody hates our fans, but they think the club is cool as all f**k - if any team will come back from 20-0 down it's Parra, if any club will win 11 games in a row to make the grand final it's Parra.

Our boardroom has been a f**king soap opera since the 80s. Parramatta's quest for that elusive premiership is the main story of the NRL every single year.

It'll be sad when (if?) we ever are premiers again because it'll take away a lot of what makes Parra the most talked about club in rugby league.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No that would be Souths, we have bandwagoners even when we're not making the finals, just wait until we have a good year. Look at our membership numbers and our crowd numbers, better than Parra's on both counts, even though we had a similar 2010 and an inferior 2009.

Souths get a lot of memberships because they give the impression of needing them - remember you guys lost your team because nobody gave a f**k enough to go and watch them.

As for crowds, Parra's averages are down because their home ground is small - we sold out three times this season. Souths also benefit from having their ground in the middle of the city where opposition fans find it easy to get to.

Away fans hate coming to Parra Stadium so our numbers aren't inflated by the opposition.

The real test is TV crowds - only the Broncos get more viewers than the Eels, and they've been consistently better for a long time.

Latest posts