What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most improved

parra pete

Referee
In my opinion the most improved Eels this season are Fuifui Moimoi and Luke Odwyer.
I thought both were magnificent today.
And I have to apologise to Dean Widders and Eric Grothe. They are playing some of their best football for years. I have bagged both of them over the past month or so *gulp*.
Widders has developed a very handy (footy) kicking game...Good on them :clap: :clap:

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
In my opinion the most improved Eels this season are Fuifui Moimoi and Luke Odwyer.
I thought both were magnificent today.
And I have to apologise to Dean Widders and Eric Grothe. They are playing some of their best football for years. I have bagged both of them over the past month or so *gulp*.
Widders has developed a very handy (footy) kicking game...Good on them :clap: :clap:

Brian Smith Out.

Jason Taylor in.

Fresh ideas, fresh motivation. Happiness.

It's amazing what a change of scenario and mentality can do to players.

Suity

BTW - You are spot on with your judgements.

PJ Marshal

Coach
elford couldnt handle o'dywer today, chalky carved him, might be in the centres at the titans and he has got a bit of speed about him which makes him effective in attack

Suitman

Post Whore
PJ Marshal said:
elford couldnt handle o'dywer today, chalky carved him, might be in the centres at the titans and he has got a bit of speed about him which makes him effective in attack

Geez, don't tell me you are going to change teams as well.......just like half.
I didn't know Chalky's haircut was so fashionable.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
If the tigers had fitzhenry at 5/8th to start with , it would have changed the whole complexion of the game :)

Suitman

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
If the tigers had fitzhenry at 5/8th to start with , it would have changed the whole complexion of the game :)

And we would have won by 50 or 60????? ;-)

Suity

PJ Marshal

Coach
Suitman said:
Geez, don't tell me you are going to change teams as well.......just like half.
I didn't know Chalky's haircut was so fashionable.

Suity

hell no im not changing teams ffs im parra till the death suity u shud know that by now

number8

Juniors
I don't think Widders is a better player than this time last year. Nor Grothe.

I think Grothe was under rated last season & was then as good as he's going now! Just my opinion.

Widders is playing good footy again after a soft start to the season but his perfomance last season cast a huge shadow over what he's done recently. This year since JT he's been very good but last season he was almost flawless.

I agree that Fui & O'Dwyer are three times the players they were in their first outings for the Eels but in Fui's case this hasn't just happened since Smith left. I can't comment on O'Dwyer because he's played a lot more 1st grade very recently but Fui has been a pretty consistant 1st grader & developing at a good rate the entire time he's been here. imo!

strider

Post Whore
number8 said:

I think Grothe was under rated last season & was then as good as he's going now! Just my opinion.

Widders is playing good footy again after a soft start to the season but his perfomance last season cast a huge shadow over what he's done recently. This year since JT he's been very good but last season he was almost flawless.

I agree that Fui & O'Dwyer are three times the players they were in their first outings for the Eels but in Fui's case this hasn't just happened since Smith left. I can't comment on O'Dwyer because he's played a lot more 1st grade very recently but Fui has been a pretty consistant 1st grader & developing at a good rate the entire time he's been here. imo!

agreed

TheParraboy

Staff member
number8 said:

IMO nail on the head, I agree with all that :cool:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Something that has been missed in the hystetrics of Hayne's try scoring efforts is that O'Dwyer has actually scored a try in each of the last 3 games

number8

Juniors
He's played good & made a great claim to remain in the 17. I hope he gets a bench spot when Tahu comes back in!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
How can Widders be one of the "most improved" when it was a well known fact that he was the best bench player in the world?

As for Fui his form hasn't improved that much, just his fitness and tackling technique ( touchwood)

Latest posts