What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overated Player

skeepe

Immortal
Where do you stand on Alan Tongue, Craig Fitzgibbon and the other workaholic back-rowers, skeepe?

I'm curious - I'm not having a go or anything.

Great players, Fitzgibbon deserves all the accolades he's received, while Alan Tongue should have represented far more often. Unfortunately, for some reason selectors have preferred the vastly inferior Hindmarsh. That's their choice of course, but he simply doesn't have the talent of a Tongue or a Fitzgibbon.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree with both players. I rate Tongue and Fitzy (in fact I was spewing when Taulupapa broke Tongue's ribs in a dodgy tackle).

Loudstrat

Coach
People saying he's the best ever are fools.

But I doubt you could successfully argue that, based on form, he is not the best player running around at this point in time. At the very least the best back.

And I stand by what I said - all other 15 NRL clubs would kill to have him in their side.

Moimoi and Hindmarsh have never won a title, either. I suppose they're sh*t too?

Wally never won a title either.

Given that last weekend Inglis copped "What a player" from Joey for running a friggin decoy - I'd have to nominate the only person who believes the state border runs along the Hunter River.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Alan Tongue - reason why he has never played Origin.

Roy Asotasi - i'd have Fui over him any day of the week

Ben Hornby - i've yet to see him ever dominate a game ever, yet he's apparently a playmaker?

Dallas Johnson - never rated him from the being and i never will. He makes 5 metres when he runs it before he's belted and driven back 10 metres. Defensively solid, but for the accolades he gets i dont see him much different too Todd Lowrie, and i'm being honest!

D

Deleted member 10972

Great players, Fitzgibbon deserves all the accolades he's received, while Alan Tongue should have represented far more often. Unfortunately, for some reason selectors have preferred the vastly inferior Hindmarsh. That's their choice of course, but he simply doesn't have the talent of a Tongue or a Fitzgibbon.

Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh are on equal level IMO, both loyal clubmen who have developed from being linebreaking wide-runners to stalwart workhorses.

The next rung down would include Dallas Johnson, Andrew Ryan and Steve Simpson, also long-time workhorses for their clubs, but not on the level of Fitzy or Hindy.

Tongue, I rank along with Corey Parker, Ashley Harrison, Michael Luck, and David Stagg as players who are tremendously solid but lack a little something to make them on the same level as the main four. Stewart, Waterhouse and Laffranchi are up there too, as workhorses.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluesbreaker

Bench
Darren Lockyer, by the length of the f3. Greatest player in the world to consistently get outplayed week in, week out, by his opposition.

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
:lol:

f**k me dead you're a rubbish judge of players.

Tongue is the most underrated player in the game.

& ur an awesome judge nominating Hindmarsh. Tongue is a tough, inspiring player who plays above his weight. full credit to him, but he isnt a pimple on Hindys backside.

Evenflow

Bench
Nathan Hindmarsh
Kurt Gidley
Frank Pritchard
Nathan Hindmarsh
Krisnan Inu
Jarrod Mullen
Nathan Hindmarsh
Steve Simpson
Akuila Uate
Nathan Hindmarsh
Chris Houston
Zeb Taia
Nathan Hindmarsh
Richie Fa'aoso
Danny Wicks
Nathan Hindmarsh
David Williams
Brett White
Nathan Hindmarsh

You said Hindmarsh twice.

Krisnan Inu.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Nathan Hindmarsh
Kurt Gidley
Frank Pritchard
Nathan Hindmarsh
Krisnan Inu
Jarrod Mullen
Nathan Hindmarsh
Steve Simpson
Akuila Uate
Nathan Hindmarsh
Chris Houston
Zeb Taia
Nathan Hindmarsh
Richie Fa'aoso
Danny Wicks
Nathan Hindmarsh
David Williams
Brett White
Nathan Hindmarsh

:lol:

f**k me dead you're a rubbish judge of players.

Tongue is the most underrated player in the game.

Pot - Kettle - Black

Latest posts