What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Players to form a team

Aenemus

Juniors
Sir Biffo said:
1. Rhys Wesser - watch him flounder at origin level
2. Luke Lewis - "hey do you know who i was" ... best days well behind him
3. Matt Gidley - see Luke Lewis
4. Ryan Cross - thinks he is an absolute superstar. I find it funny at origin time when he acts like he's been robbed for not getting a start!
5. Bryan Carney - he's good, but the amount of wraps he gets for doing run of the mill stuff is extraordinary!
6. Braith Anasta - because his name is Braith Anasta
7. Brett Kimmorley - hack.
8. Josh Perry - mostly over-rated by himself
9. Shaun Berrigan - I know he's only played hooker for a while ... but he doesn't offer that much there in my opinion
10. Brent Kite - nuffy
11. Nathan Hindmarsh - like Carney, gets huge wraps for doing nothing at all. 45 of his 50 tackles he is normally 2nd or 3rd man in
12. Craig Fitzgibbon - same as Hindmarsh, always 3rd man in a tackle. His best days were long ago when he was actually effective in attack.
13. Trent Waterhouse - how does this bloke keep getting in rep train on squads! He offers nothing!

14. Craig Wing - just go to yawnion you clown
15. Glen Morrison - like Cross, thinks he is clearly the best player in the world and can't understand why the selectors dont pick him
16. Anthony Watmough - nuffy
17. Brett Finch - need I say more?

Kidding right. . .
Lets not forget the 100+ metres he makes almost every game to go with those tackles.
Plus whenever the team is in trouble you can almost be assured he'll be the one there to clean up. There is a reason he is so well rated, because he is probably the best player in the Eels team every week. He might not make big hits, but his tackles are extremely effective

God-King Dean

Immortal
lucablight said:

They are both equally good in defence, I don't think anyones ever seen Wes make a mistackle, he does more hit-ups than Grothe, which prolly means he makes more metres, plus he can kick goals.

:lol: that.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Immortal said:
They are both equally good in defence, I don't think anyones ever seen Wes make a mistackle, he does more hit-ups than Grothe, which prolly means he makes more metres, plus he can kick goals.

Makes more metres than Grothe? :lol: Have you actually watched a game? Grothe on the wing is like another backrower when coming out of your own end of the field. Way too quick and strong for opposition to handle, plus he can slip some good offloads away.

Naiqama is nothing IMO.

harmichael

Juniors
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Quinn
3.Brent Tate
4.Luke lewis
5.Tupou
6.Anasta
7.Orford
8.Luke Bailey (ray warren used his name in the same sentence as webcke and lazarus..OMG)
9.Craig Wing
10.Morley
11.Waterhouse
12.Carlaw
13.Dean Young

God-King Dean

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
Makes more metres than Grothe? :lol: Have you actually watched a game? Grothe on the wing is like another backrower when coming out of your own end of the field. Way too quick and strong for opposition to handle, plus he can slip some good offloads away.

Naiqama is nothing IMO.

I can't find stats for either player, but if Naiqama played the whole season I'd have little doubt he's waste Grothe was hit-ups. How many tries has Grothe the winger scored all year ? LOL

& let's not forget, Grothe last name has NOTHING to do with his hype !

Stagger eel

Staff member
both Grothe and Naiqama are very fine wingers and great in their own right, however had Naiqama played for the whole season he may well could of been the best winger in the game by now.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Don't get me wrong either, Grothe is a great player to have. But he ain't as good as he's made out to be & I think Naiqama has more to offer.

skeepe

Immortal
Rabbitohs2005 said:
im not denying he can be a freak, im just saying how inconsistent he is, when players not rated as highly, are more consistent, its only when JT is red-hot, is when he smokes players like Joe Williams, Todd Carney and Jeremy Smith etc

he has done SFA since origin though, and he only is good, when the cowboys are in form, i can think of other halfbacks, that play well, even when their team is out of form....

Believe it or not, Aaron Payne could be classed a better player than JT, payne has been consistently good for the cowboys in their bad 2006, JT was only good for the first half dozen rounds. then he has been out of form for the rest of 2006, when not injured

Payne has made a mark in this comp, and i rate him as one of the best hookers in the comp

JT form-wise doesnt even deserve his spot in the Prime Ministers Team, but his reputation has put him there

JT imo, has alot of tons of work to do, before he is classed a great player

Players: (That can still play decent for a losing team (cricket score wise))
Andrew Johns (best player in the world, hasnt really had a form slump in his life)
Joe Williams (is a very un-established player yet, but he tries his heart out in souths massacres this year, has actually been pretty good for us, in our losses he has featured in)
Craig Gower (maybe not in his career best form, but at least he is consistently good for the Panthers, he still played ok, in the Panthers Average Performances this year)

JT may be better than Gower, Williams and alot of other halfbacks in the comp, but really notice how in-experienced players like joey and todd carney are still consistent even while being flogged in the process

what JT does when the Cowboys are red-hot, is truly magic

but JTs Form relies on the Cowboys Form Too Much...

but his inconsistently really, i just think he isnt as good as what most people believe him to be, at least overall

Are there any forum police? This guy should be pulled over for abusing the poor old comma!

Red Bear

Referee
harmichael said:
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Quinn
3.Brent Tate
4.Luke lewis
5.Tupou
6.Anasta
7.Orford
8.Luke Bailey (ray warren used his name in the same sentence as webcke and lazarus..OMG)
9.Craig Wing
10.Morley
11.Waterhouse
12.Carlaw
13.Dean Young
Well Baily is bloody good

And Morely???? Pleeeease, great player, did something stupid but been a great player

Collateral

Coach
Nathan Hindmarsh is overrated.

That not to say he is crap or isnt worth to play for NSW or Australia. But the amount of hype he gets is beyond ridiculous.

borat

Bench
1. Brett Hodgson
2. Brian Carney
3. Jaimie Lyon
4. Ryan Cross
5. Darren Albert
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Tim Smith
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Bryce Gibbs
11. Lance Thompson
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Tonnie Carroll

14. Braith Anasta
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi
16. Alan Tongue
17. Todd Carney

Hutty1986

Immortal
harmichael said:
1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Quinn
3.Brent Tate
4.Luke lewis
5.Tupou
6.Anasta
7.Orford
9.Craig Wing
10.Morley
11.Waterhouse
12.Carlaw
13.Dean Young

It's not that shocking really. Bailey will be remembered in the same way as these 2 by the end of his career imo

God-King Dean

Immortal
harmichael said:

13.Dean Young

You've never watched a Dragons game before have you. Either that or your bitter that we ruined Webckes last game at Brisbane.

LOL, speaking of which, how good was Baileys try !

yileen gordon- had an amazing 2005, and got selected in Australia A, and partnered Matt Cooper in The Centres, 2006, he cant even hold a first grade spot with the nrls worst team

Latest posts