What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies you love but are crapola in anybody else's books...

Booyah

Bench
Sir Biffo said:
So true. Or Arnie jumping from an aircraft's landing gear from about 100m in the air into a 1m deep swamp and not even getting wet. Or when he rips a telephone box out of the ground with a bloke in it.

It's a shame Bennett (Vernon Wells) never got to be a big star. I think he only did this and Mad Max and an episode of MacGyver.

Yeah he kinda vanished off the radar a bit. Although he was in Fortress with Bryan Brown and was a baddie in Power Rangers a few times. Mostly his career is just D-grade straight-to-video type movies.

Phillips

Referee
Booyah said:
Yeah he kinda vanished off the radar a bit. Although he was in Fortress with Bryan Brown and was a baddie in Power Rangers a few times. Mostly his career is just D-grade straight-to-video type movies.

is that the movie where a bunch of schoolkids and there teacher are kidnapped by a bunch of blokes in masks?

Booyah

Bench
Phillips said:
is that the movie where a bunch of schoolkids and there teacher are kidnapped by a bunch of blokes in masks?

Yeah that's the one. Also has a young Sean Garlick as one of the main school kids who helps attack the bad guys.

2 True Blues

Coach
too tough to list all the movies I like as love so many. Collect DVD's like some people collect stamps. My girlfriend won't drive with me in the car past a J B Hi Fi if she is in a hurry..LMAO....

Some that come to mind are:

Gallipoli
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Gladiator
King Kong
The Thin Red Line
Saving Private Ryan
Blow
John WAYNE in ( The COWBOYS, The Searchers, Rooster Cogburn, Could keep going here ).
Crash
Castaway

Shart !!! There is far too many. Cant seperate them, and keep thinking of more all the time. Saw a movie called GOAL the other day and think that one has now entered my top 100 for sure.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
The Man From Hong Kong - 1975 Australias first martial arts movie!...finally got a copy last week...I hadn't seen it since 1982 so was a blast!....u probably never heard of it but many would think it crappola! ;-) :lol: :crazy:

2 True Blues

Coach
Definately wouldnt say I loved it, but saw Weekend at Bernies again the other day. Had some amusing moments, however most people hated it....

LESStar58

Referee
newtownbluebags said:
Jaws 4..........

i used to love it and the 3rd one when i was younger (like aged 8-12) then i realised they were both utter shyte!

The 2nd Jaws, however, is excellent.....it holds its own not only as a sequel but as a stand alone movie!

I watched the making of doco on the Jaws 2 DVD and got a greater apprectiation for it as a movie and the people who made it... i think they shoulda stopped after the 2nd one....

2 True Blues

Coach
Jaws was an awesome set of movies when I was a young fellow. Used to be sitting out the back by myself waiting for a wave spooking the shart of myself with the Jaws music ringing in my head. Actually took my dangling feet out of the water at times, as if it would have actually made a difference anyway.LMAO. Hey I was just a kid at the time.....LOL....

2 True Blues

Coach
Been trying to find a copy somewhere of the old comedy " Throw Momma from the train ". Thought it was a great laugh back in it's time, however have not seen it for sale anywhere, wanted to check it out again, though it might seem a little outdated nowadays.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
Been trying to find a copy somewhere of the old comedy " Throw Momma from the train ". Thought it was a great laugh back in it's time, however have not seen it for sale anywhere, wanted to check it out again, though it might seem a little outdated nowadays.
Danny Devito?.....have still seen it for sale 2TB in the big DVD chain stores ;-)