What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving the Grand Final

Wb1234

Referee

Gee, who could have seen this coming.

PVL is not quite the master negotiator he thinks he is.
You were the guy who was saying the grand final was going nowhere else other than Sydney

so when vlandys tries to do the exact opposite of what you said by not signing a long term deal in Sydney you still complain

lmao

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
WA govt keen on buying gf.

I can’t wait to see what certain posters will say about this. I am not sure it should happen seeing it would pretty expensive for people to go there. One positive would be you would get an afternoon grand final again.

Nevertheless this just shows that there is interest in League in Perth.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I can’t wait to see what certain posters will say about this. I am not sure it should happen seeing it would pretty expensive for people to go there. One positive would be you would get an afternoon grand final again.

Nevertheless this just shows that there is no interest in League in Perth.

Of course there is interest, Will it happen 0% for reasons mentioned before. Mainly being the cost will out weigh the tourist dollar it will bring in

Colk

First Grade
Of course there is interest, Will it happen 0% for reasons mentioned before. Mainly being the cost will out weigh the tourist dollar it will bring in

I agree. Flights to Perth are already generally expensive (without an event such as the final) then you add on accomodation. It just wouldn’t work. Maybe a SOO or even a magic round might be more worthwhile for Perth.

Iamback

Coach
I agree. Flights to Perth are already generally expensive (without an event such as the final) then you add on accomodation. It just wouldn’t work. Maybe a SOO or even a magic round might be more worthwhile for Perth.

SOO works because of 2 states worth of fans, Easy to get 20k across.

Very few club sponsors have the funds to fly 50 or so to fill a corporate box also

Nuke

Staff member
I live in Perth, and I'm feeling the same as Perth Red. Origin, tests, Nines, Magic Weekend, Premiership matches: absolutely. Grand Final: no. Unless another COVID affected GF arises. I'd still rather travel to Sydney and watch the Knights in a GF at the 80,000+ stadium there. Admittedly I may be waiting a few more years..! :(

westerntiger

Juniors
Perth will never get Origin again now the games are back to Wednesdays. Makes the Adelaide one next year unviable as well.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth will never get Origin again now the games are back to Wednesdays. Makes the Adelaide one next year unviable as well.
it's certainly reduced its value to purchasing govts. It’s a shame we aren’t getting a warm up test match in perth as kangaroos travel to World Cup like last time,we sold that one out.

Nuke

Staff member
Origins are back to 100% Wednesday nights now?
I missed that news. That is gonna make it hard to be at Optus Stadium for a 6:10pm kickoff midweek, I have to say.

Colk

First Grade
Origins are back to 100% Wednesday nights now?
I missed that news. That is gonna make it hard to be at Optus Stadium for a 6:10pm kickoff midweek, I have to say.

It is all relative of course but so long as V’Landys is in charge it probably won’t happen again (weekend Origin)

They really should have other rep series on during that period anyway.

Latest posts