What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr Kearney, Welcome to our nightmare

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hard to have a big face without a big head.

True but entirely possible to have a big head without a big face - look at Brian Smith and Neil Patrick Harris.

Big heads are a dime a dozen; big faces are worth their weight in gold.

I'd better stop before Angry Merkin takes me seriously and comes in with more 'ridicule'.

Eels Dude

Coach
Robson and Mortimer can`t both be dropped right now. No-one in the lower grades to replace them. When Tom Humble comes back, that will probably be an option. I actually think that we probably only need to drop one of the halves. At this exact point in time, it looks like Robson would be the one to go. I think at the moment, Mortimer would be okay if he had a decent halves partner. (I`m obviously assuming here, that Tom Humble would be a decent halves partner). Could we end up with Mortimer in the 7 and Humble in the 6? I can`t see any other half coming through, unless you want to wait until Maitua is eligible and put him at 6. I think he might be a better option in the centres myself.

I think Humble partnering Robson would complement each others style of play. A Humble Morts combo would probably be a disaster as they both have similar strengths and neither is a great organiser.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i think some1 needs to post a picture of a guy with a big head and small face to clear up all the confusion and then mayb, just maybe we can start winning some footy games

brian-smith-knights-nrl-hall-of-shame-600x400.jpg

neil-patrick-harris_2008.jpg

koh_ara_small_face.jpg

tommi_small_face-740776.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ridicule Kearney's big face? You really are f**king stupid.
So I was imitating Kearney big face........not you......hahaha.....poor Poo Poo.....

It is ok Poo Poo, one day you might post something even dumber, and people will ridicule you over that instead.

Until then I salute all big headed people with tiny faces...........

Scorer

Juniors
Avenger has hit the nail on the head !

Changes need to be made now. If we stick with the current line up then we are deadset wooden spooners.

Here's a team that I would be happy to run on the park with (not sure about their fitness). Need to start blooding some youth (the Storm do it). The pensioners Walker, Hicks and co need to go.

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Loco
5. Atkins
6. Humble (he can at least pass a ball)
7. Murray (worth a shot)
8. Moimoi
9. McGuire
10. Mannah
11. Hindmarsh
12. Shackleton
13. Horo

14. Mitchell
15. Smith
16. O'Hanlon
17. Allgood
18. Afu

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
there is a election coming up i think people should take the current board to task about the promises they made when elected last time round. It's great the leagues club is making a profit but if the football team continues then people who voted you in will be the same voting you out.

right on my friend.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe we should vote Kristina Keneally in to run the football club.

She'll be looking for a job on Monday, and her management skills are obvious. Ray Price could assist her; he's shown he's got the people skills and the professional demeanor required.

mrpwnd

Bench
I just wanna hear from all the Kris Keating baggers? Where are you now? Hope you're happy.
I was actually saying a while back that I was personally astounded that Parra offloaded KK rather than MK.

Had the club kept KK, come round 5-10ish they would've fielded:
6. KK
7. Morts

or

6. KK
7. Humble

With the absence of MK, Mitch and Maguire would've been given the 9 and 14, both are very good hookers with plenty of spark.

But enough about things said in hindsight, it just hurts more to talk about the 'should've, would've and could've', I daresay it's happened much too often in the club for the past how many goddamn years.

Eels Dude

Coach
Unlike Robson who conducts the team like a f**king maestro.

Robson is not a great halfback by any means, but he does have that important quality of being able to organise the attack and tell the players where to run... something both Morts and Humble seem to clearly lack. Robson is just not that good at executing what he organises, hence why he's really a fringe first grader as opposed to a first grade quality halfback.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're probably right (without being on the field it's hard to tell what's organising and what's just talk) but with our Gameplan for Dummies we don't need anybody telling players where to run. There aren't enough options or variations for there to be any confusion.

Inside the 20 Hayne picks a side (or it's picked for him) but other than that all their decisions are made for them at training through the week. Do we need an organiser? Last year we sure looked like we did but so far this year only our execution has let us down.

ParraSteve

Juniors
We're still a mentally weak team and this has gone back to the brian smith days. We just have no confidence in our ability to come from behind to win.

lingard

Coach
Robson is not a great halfback by any means, but he does have that important quality of being able to organise the attack and tell the players where to run... something both Morts and Humble seem to clearly lack. Robson is just not that good at executing what he organises, hence why he's really a fringe first grader as opposed to a first grade quality halfback.

Why on earth would you say that Humble 'clearly lacks' the ability to organise an attack, when he`s only played ONE game at five-eight? Oh, by the way, that`s the game we`re we jumped out of our form slump and beat Manly. And Humble was heavily involved in the attack. His first grade debut, too. He got flattened by Whatmough and still played a big part in our win. Good defence, very tough, spread the ball out to the centres, looked very poised and came within an inch of scoring a great try down the sideline.

Last edited:

Latest posts