What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine vs Daley

Mundine vs Daley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just having a chat with someon (who hates mundine btw) about origin last night and so forth and we got talking about good 5/8s for NSW and he believes daley was overrated and mundine is right in saying he was better than daley and had it all over him and should of played ahead of him, how many other people feel the same way? was mundine as good as he said and superior to daley? personally i think daley was better

Raider_69 said:
this is a g-up right?

daley every minute, of every day, of every week, of ever year.

it's a legitamate debate ... "the man" talks it up, so i want to know what league fans think, since every time he talks it up against daley it's front of journo's

Raider_69

Post Whore
Daley - Long illustrious career that involved captaining his club, his state and his country to much success. Wideley regarded as the closest thing to the King NSW have had for dominance at origin level. He's won premierships, State of Origins, test matches, countless individual awards, was a loyal one team man to boot. He has achieved just about everything one could do in the game of league and is rightly regarded as one of the best 5/8ths of all time. A special player who is in an elite class of players.

Mundine - has a big mouth.

legitamate debate my left testicle

petetheileet

First Grade
watching mundine closely over his career it was obvious that nearly everytime he came up against a fittler, daley or johns, he had a blinder

however id still go with daley

coolumsharkie

Referee
Mate he ain't a stain on Daley's undies as a player.

I think the 20 odd SOO plus captain of NSW, the dozens of International games and some FG premierships are enough to tip the scales hard enough to send "Tha man" flying around the world twice and landing back in his own mouth.

All we got from Mundine is why he wasn't selected because he's an Aboriginal. Unlike lucky guys like Daley who are as white as snow :roll:

Changa

Juniors
No contest...Choc was the superior athlete, more creative and brought more to the game. There have been many 'Daley' like players in terms of playing styles since both of their retirements but there is yet to be anyone who has replicated the skill, evasiveness and sheer attacking brilliance as Choc-not to mention his remarkable understanding with his outside men, namely Blacklock. Something the likes of Marshall, Gasnier and Inglis' are yet to establish.

Do not bother putting into this discussion based on the fact you do not like him or his mouth, this is a football issue and no-one thats seen him in action can deny his super talents as a footballer.

Raider_69

Post Whore
2 votes for Mundine, both dragons fans
im willing to wager, outside dragons fans you wont find more then 5 people here who would have Mundine over daley

Changa

Juniors
Your probably right 69-but it doesn't give every 2 bit fan a reason to come on this thread all guns blazing about how crap Mundine was when they've probably never seen him play or can't remember anyway...I'm happy to discuss it with fans who have some credability to say they recall well Choc playing in the mid-late 90's but anyone who doesn't shouldn't really put in. Thats all I can say.

Anyone who wishes to see the man at his best should consider finding themselves a copy of " Breathing fire into 99' "...I'm not saying it'll change your mind re: Daley v Choc issue but i guarantee most will have a new found respect for the man and his footballing capabilities.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mundine was a talented player, but hell Owen Craigie was talented too

facts of the matter is Daley was the better rugby league player... athlete? hands down mundine, but when it comes to skills required to play 5/8th, Daley had it all over mundine.

This comparison is like Campbell V Johns. Campbell and Mundine are by no means sh*t, infact they were and are very talented and as far as quick ellusive ball runners go there isnt much better, but Johns and Daley are still that level above.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Steady on ladies, we can decide who takes runner up to Daley after we put to bed the Mundine Myth

Changa

Juniors
Mundine was seen as a liablity in defence and probably rightly so...poor tackling technique and ineffective at stopping bigger men's offloads. Tended to slap at the ball quite often which would be a huge problem now days with the 2-man stripping rule. However as an attacking 5/8 he had it all, strong running game and footwork, creativity, vision and precision in everything he did. His short kicking game was also second to none. He was not an organiser nor was he often a 1st choice field kicker, but I suppose having Goldthorpe outside him he did'nt have to be. As a 5/8 camped in the opponents halves there was no 5/8 id rather have to create tries.

That post from Raiders Ultra show he has no clue on the topic, we never would have been there in the top 8 let alone GF without Choc so your post is useless...if you wanna see a player butcher their teams finals campaign maybe you should google 'Jason Bugarelli'...

keeney

First Grade
Lame I voted for Mundine accidentally. Despite what my vote says, no contest, Daley all the way.

Latest posts