What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine vs Daley

Mundine vs Daley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Just have to look at NSW highlights and see Daley in some of NSW best trys ever and his individual brilliance to score when needed and could beat 5 players in 15 meters.
Great 5/8th and there is no one who is the same type of 5/8th.
Mundine showed good footy in club but couldnt show it in rep footy.

RalthFilthy

Juniors
I was never a Daley fan but I'd pick him over Mundine any day of the week.
I remember when Robbie O'Davis played his first Origin after the drug suspension, everytime he ran back with a kick return Daley hammered him, every single time and with such force that I thought it may even have been personal.

Brett Kenny is number 1.:D

The Preacher

First Grade
Daley by a mile.
I loved watching Choc play, and he was very exciting, and could do things that others just couldn't even hope to attempt. But Daley was the complete footballer, and those around him loved playing in teams he was in.
I think Choc thought of Choc too much, and not enough of his team mates.

NGR

Juniors
donkey|rope said:
why do people always say that sh*t? seriously, if that is the great flaw of mundine's game, you are just being a goose.

i voted daley. a lot of the pro mundine posts are more or less 'what if's'. there is no denying his talent, skill and promise, but the man didn't achieve close to what daley achieved at any level.

mundine was just an idea, daley was the actualization.
his mouth is what kept him out of representitive teams...

if he didnt shoot his mouth off so much, he would have made these teams and gone to another level...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
choc did some amazing things on the field which were freakish but daley had the complete package which also included his leadership. daley would lead from the front, he'd get stuck in and do the tough jobs. Daley quite easily

Prodigiousman

Juniors
just on the 'supporting cast' issue...

how can we judge a player if we don't take into consideration their actual performances with the players around them?

You can't take a player and consider his playing ability separate to who he has played with for 1-2-5-10 years - of course they have an influence on his game - just like he has an influence on theirs.

When trying to evaluate a player you can only base it on what he has done in the places he has done it - not in hypotheticals.

That's why it is so difficult to even contemplate if the greats of the past could cut it in the game today and vice versa.

Just enjoy what you see and pass judgement on that I beg you!

jed

First Grade
NGR said:
his mouth is what kept him out of representitive teams...

if he didnt shoot his mouth off so much, he would have made these teams and gone to another level...
his mouth is also the only reason this thread is happening in the first place... if he hadn't big-noted himself, would anyone actually have ever mentioned Mundine in the same breath as Daley?

Daley by the length of the Nullabour.

johns_reds

First Grade
I voted daley, as menitoned earlier, mundine may have been the better athlete but daley was the better player by a mile, no question about it, mundine had nothing compared to daley

Roy Rover

Juniors
Daley in his prime was unbelieveable.
Everyone remembers his awesome attacking skills but some of his defence in SOO was punishing.

Kid

Juniors
It's not worth debating . When Daley was approached recently about something Mundine had said his reported response was " i'm too busy dusting off my trophy cabinet".
Says it all really.

TeamSatan

Juniors
All mundine could do better was somersault........Although he stole that off Greg Alexander.

Daley was a winner....always fought to the end.

Cranky

Juniors
People must forget how good Daley was. Some of the tackles he pulled off in origin Mundine could only dream of doing.

And I'm a 'toads fan...

Mal Meninga

Bench
fourplay said:
So ? Adam Perry was in bulldogs 04 grandfinal winning team does that mean hes better than Cameron Smith ? The reason Mundine wasn't playing 5/8 for NSW was because Brad Fittler was the incumbent.
This has got to be a joke :lol:

aqua_duck

Coach
Mundin shouldn't even be mentioned in thesae breath as daley. Daley had te efence of a forward, size of a backrower, speed of a centre, and skills of a 5/8th, not to mention, his warrior like mentality, and leadership. Also the ultimate professional. Mundine could be more brilliant in patches but consistently second after second, minute after minute, game after game, year after year, Daley had it all over him

Angry_eel

First Grade
Atleast Daley wasn't a quitter. i haven't seen either of them play but i'd hate to have a player in my team who'll take his bat and ball and go home because he thought the game was unfair. Real Champions go through the good and the bad.

Latest posts