What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music DVD's

Godz Illa

Coach
This is the thread for recommending top-notch music DVD's. I recently installed a very schmick surround sound sytem (Logitech Z-680) for my DVD player, and now I am hooked on the few live music dvd's that I have. Chili Peppers live at Slane Castle is particularly good, but I am keen to expand my collection.
So please, help me out and hook me up with the hot shizzle, DVD-wise. Please add comments on the visual quality, and, most importantly, the audio quality (DTS preferred).

ThrashViking

Juniors
Rush In Rio - Rush
Live sh*t binge & purge - Metallica
Metal Meets Classic Live - Rage
Rock In Rio - Iron Maiden

Melstar

Juniors
Pete Murray's is pretty good and definitely worth a look.
Something For Kate's was great as well. They have a thirty minute movie at the beginning that you keeo waiting fro someone to narrate it but they never do, its a little different but I think thats what makes it so great.
If you like Delta, hers is awesome.
Grinspoons is ok but nothing spectatcular. Apparently there are some hidden extras on it, but I'm yet to find them. Although maybe I have as I am not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

Justin Timberlake's is very ordinary, and if you're not a big fan of his, its not worth buying. It kills me to say that :cry:

Southernsaint

Staff member
John Safran's Musical Jamboree - John Safran (the bit where he sells fake E's to talkback radio's Steven Price is classic!!)

Dave McCormack - Live at The Hopetoun (I'm in it - drunk in a corner supping on Coopers)

This is Spinal Tap - Spinal Tap (No reason necessary)

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
El Garbo said:
John Safran's Musical Jamboree - John Safran (the bit where he sells fake E's to talkback radio's Steven Price is classic!!)

Hilarious stuff. Loved it... :lol:

"This is Suzie from Morrabbin & I am disgusted with you, Mr Price"!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Red Bear

Referee
John Safrans music jamboree was hilarious. I loved the Beatles bit with George Harrison being dead among others.

I have Punk Rock Summer Camp, a warped tour DVD. Apart from that i just have dvds i got with cds, but the Guttermouth one is pretty damn good.

ThrashViking

Juniors
$100 New Zealand which is roughly $85 Australian
It doesnt come with the over sized foot locker box like the VHS set.

Sean7

Juniors
RUSH - Rush In Rio - Amazing DVD with a great selection of tracks.

DEATH - Live In L.A. - Great music and the band is still remarkably tight even after so many line-up changes.

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN - Concerto Suite For Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E Flat Minor, Live with the New Japan Philharmonic - Top DVD that I didn't want I almost didn't include as I didn't want to have to type out the title.

STEVE VAI - Live At The London Astoria - Great performance from Steve, who's band on this DVD also includes Virgil Donati on drums, Billy Sheehan on bass and Tony Macalpine on guitar.

Thrash Viking, I'll have to pick up that RAGE DVD. I listen to RAGE just about every day, I can't get enough. Soundchaser is just amazing. They have another live DVD coming out soon too.

ThrashViking

Juniors
I found it on e-bay, verry,verry good dvd and well worth the money
I dont think it's an official release by Rage
Heres the tracklist:
1. Overture
2. From The Cradle To The Grave
3. Alive But Dead
4. Turn The Page
5. All This Time
6. In a Nameless Time
7. Just Alone
8. Immortal Sin
9. Paint It Black
10. Medley: Don't Fear The Winter (instr.); Black In Mind; Firestorm (instr.); Sent By The Devil; Lost In The Ice (instr.)
DVD Features:
11. Deep In The Blackest Hole (video clip)
12. From The Cradle To The Grave (video clip)
13. Alive But Dead (video clip)
Records audio bonus tracks:
14. Chase
15. Tie The Rope
16. Forgive But Don't Forget
17. How We Treat Each Other
18. The Sleep
19. The Trooper (Iron Maiden cover)
20. Tom Sawyer
21. End Of Eternity
22. Don't Fear The Winter (Version 2001)
23. Yesterday (Beatles cover)
24. Motorbreath (Metallica cover)
25. Jawbreaker (Judas Priest cover)

astrogirl

First Grade
I could watch/listen to the John Mayer DVD all day. But I sense that there isn't anyone on this forum who would agree with me :D

Samwise

Bench
A big sh!t yeah to the John Safrans Music Jamboree DVD, i love where he cuts footloose at his old jewish school, also the is beck a scientologist? theory.

Also this is spinal tap - i think its funnier with the commentary on.

as for buying proper music DVDs i have none. I prefer to listen to music rather than watch it.