What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

simostorm

Bench
Surley its time the NRL is considering the Draft to properly spread talent in this league. NYC comp is set up perfectly for young players to be involved in a draft system.

who's in favor of a draft?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
No, Souths have the best junior develepment in the league. I would h8 for them too lost them

:lol::lol:

And also the richest club.

Amazing how with those two things going for you that your club plays in Western Sydney, continues to go on spending sprees at the expense of these apparent gun juniors & can't make the semis more than once every twenty years.

Thats some talent right there.

ademkungal

Juniors
jelus much? We've provided the most talentend juniors in the history of the NRL, and with rusty financing us we have the most money

Big Mick

Referee
f**king dumb idea.

Yeah lets smash clubs like Penrith who invest hundreds of thousands of dollars investing in Penrith junior leagues which produce 10,000 juniors....to advantage a club like the Sharks/Storm/Roosters who produce less than 100.

Only if a huge compensation system comes in and development is centrally funded by the NRL would I support such an idea.

Parra

Referee
There already is a draft.

When one News Ltd owned team gets caught cooking the books they draft the gun player to another News Ltd team.

And some people still think that News Ltd should have a say in how the game is run.

BDH

Juniors
No, Souths have the best junior develepment in the league. I would h8 for them too lost them
:lol::lol::lol:
jelus much? We've provided the most talentend juniors in the history of the NRL, and with rusty financing us we have the most money
Can you please name all these juniors?:lol:

There already is a draft.

When one News Ltd owned team gets caught cooking the books they draft the gun player to another News Ltd team.

And some people still think that News Ltd should have a say in how the game is run.

:crazy: Yup, News Ltd are the devil. Hey I got an idea; move out of a saturated market, open up to all the potential new fans, grow a culture that players WANT to play in, and then players may want to come to your club too????
Or simply piss and moan about how Storm and Broncos are "one team towns" and have an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition, etc.

*NB; This next rant isn't aimed directly at "Parra"*

Honestly, the majority of Sydneysiders on this forum contradict themselves so much it's pathetic. Do you guys want successful clubs or to be "traditional". Do you want to be attractive to players or do you want to live in 1983??

Drafts, pointing fingers at other clubs salary caps, etc....it all comes from one inevitable truth; Sydney clubs are struggling because they are in a saturated market. And this market is a throwback to when it was named the NSWRL. Many of these same posters laugh at AFL, yet fail to realise that competition is national and we still are happy to survive as a mediocre competition, mostly for selfish reasons like "tradition", etc.

Time to grow NRL, time to grow up Sydney clubs.

Iafeta

Referee
Dumb dumb dumb idea. Fans like the fact that locals can come through their system into first grade. Despite Napoleon's small man syndrome response, I agree with what he is saying. Young kids don't want to go to New Zealand, and vice versa a lot of young talent wants to stay back there so already you're at a position of disequilibrium. I couldn't imagine a more boganised hare-brain scheme to screw league over to be honest.

Bro Bear

Juniors
No, I don't believe a draft would be good for the game. Clubs will not endeavour to develop their own juniors will wait on drafting others from other clubs.

e.g. Widdop from Melbourne who has been developed by them would of been a number one draft pick. Easts as 2009 wooden spooners would of picked him up; however, the Storm have coached him to be a good player.

Clubs like Brisbane, Parramatta, Melbourne, Penrith and Souths who have good junior development programs should be rewarded.