What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

seaeagle sam

Melb/brisbane/GC etc all applied to join the comp that was born in Sydney. The foundation clubs are the heart & soul of this comp, the only teams to actually suffer are those that have been in the comp any, mnay years before any of he clubs I mentioned joined. What sacrafices have any of the clubs above made for the betterment of the game ?

Well said. I bet the Bears could have done with $6 million a year over the past decade... oh, that's right...

Take Melbourne's financial leg up away and i bet the club and its fans would be slightly more humble about the situation they're in now.

typicalfan

Coach
Need I remind you that the N in NRL stands for National, not New South Wales and even less SydNey.

There is no top level sport in the world where some of its foundation clubs have disappeard due to all kinds of reasons. It's not a painless process, nor is it an easy one, but it is in the best interest of the code!

No other national competition in the world has such a concentration of teams in a single city. London, which is 4x the size of Sydney, is the only city I know of that has more than 2 teams in top grade (in this case, the EPL) with 5 teams, simply because they will otherwise asfixiate eachother!

If a merge is too painfull (and it often is because of rivalry), then dissolution or relocation is the only answer. In the case of the Sharks, Wellington or CQ would probably be the choice, while Manly either dissolves into the CC Bears or attempts a move to Western SEQ (Ipswich / Logan). Eventually the Tigers and Souths will have to follow a similar path...

And no, you can let the clubs in question make the decision, because the heart will always rule over reason.

Australia is not like "Every other country". Sydney makes up 1/5 of the total population of Australia and if you throw in Newcastle, CC and Wollongong it would be closer to a quarter maybe more. Compared to London using your analogy despite being bigger than Sydney is only holds 1/8 of the population

It is demographic that is more important than geographic. The fact you want Manly to dissolve into the CC shows you don't pay enough attention to the code. The CC rejected the Eagles before and would do so again so your idea is already a fail.

Lets be serious the N in NRL stands for News Ltd, it only stands for National to the naive.

simostorm

Bench
I've watched several games at AAMI and several more at SFS.

SFS is unbeatable.

Get your rose coloured glasses off you idiot.

AAMI is on a par with Skilled and Toyota

And as far as the best Rugby League Stadium in the world goes, maybe you need to go on a tour over to England. They've got this quaint little ground called Wembley.

Not sure if you've heard of it or not. They can fit 3 times the capacity of AAMI in it and still not be full.

dickhead.

Ive watched several games at both SFS and AAMI park.. so not sure what drug youve been smoking.. but AAMI blows it outta the water..

bobmar28

Bench
Seven teams in the Argentine Primera Division, a league considered to be one of the best in the world, are played out of Beunos Aires. In Brazil there are four in Rio de Janeiro and three in Sao Paolo. There are three teams in La Liga from the City or Metropolitan area of Madrid but unlike the NRL these codes have multi tier levels of competition. The USA for the most part have one team cities because, surprise surprise they are much bigger than Australia and have plenty of cities of to play out of, if the US were made up of New York, Kansas, West Virginia, Alaska and Alabama you can bet your life where the majority of teams would play out of.

I find it funny that fans of blow ins like Melbourne and Brisbane complain about Sydney when it is the biggest market in the nation and other codes can't wait ti get teams put in there but these guys want to take teams out. Crowds are alright considering the NRL direct their market to watch on the TV instead of getting out to the game and if getting out to the game would be the priority we would have more afternoon footy than we currently do so when it comes to the ratings Sydney does its job.

If the rednecks are serious about being the home of Rugby League then the one team town should have their ground sold out every week.

Nine teams in a city of 4.5 million is stupid. Sydney should have 4 or 5 teams.

simostorm

Bench
Every game is tough. Week in week out for 26 weeks, 24 games.
Salary cap is spreading the talent. Is keeping clubs pretty even.
This is draining for the players.

There's no easy teams. anyone can still beat you.

For an example. If the salary cap was Higher. Then the more succesful clubs would have a stronger playing roster, and the not so succesful clubs would have a diminished playing roster. (Sharks)

Nothin would have changed for the poor old Sharks aye.

However this might bring back the easy games for clubs.
Sometimes theres nothing sweeter then watching your club smash a bunch of hacks (sharks in this case) 60-2. As oposed to like 18-10 or something.

My point being. High Salary cap. Succesful Clubs with stronger lists.
Brings back easier games agaisnt lesser succesful teams, heavyweights get the easybeats. Thats missing from the competition these days aint it?

Just a thought.

Slammin

Juniors
@simostorm

Lucky I'm drunk otherwise I would of tried to decide whether or not you are a troll or not. Instead you are just a androtop regardless.

Last edited:

simostorm

Bench
@simostorm

Lucky I'm drunk otherwise I would of tried to decide whether or not you are a troll or not. Instead you are just a androtop regardless.

Oh.. you a Sharks fan? No offence man. Its not yoru fault your club is in this position.

simostorm

Bench
I gotta better question for you.. related to yestys Saints vs Syd City game that got 38k ppl.

How come Sydtards jam into the SCG to watch a blockbuster game, yet at the SFS they only get half the amount of ppl?

Is it cos SCG is easier to get to and they dont have to change trains? :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
I gotta better question for you.. related to yestys Saints vs Syd City game that got 38k ppl.

How come Sydtards jam into the SCG to watch a blockbuster game, yet at the SFS they only get half the amount of ppl?

Is it cos SCG is easier to get to and they dont have to change trains? :lol:

Easts v Saints got the same crowd at the SFS earlier this year. And the SCG is next door to the SFS you braindead sack of sh*t.

Bulldog Force

Referee

Is it cos SCG is easier to get to and they dont have to change trains?
loltap.gif

Easts v Saints got the same crowd at the SFS earlier this year. And the SCG is next door to the SFS you braindead sack of sh*t.
goodpost.gif

simostorm

Bench

:lol::lol::lol: related to the the SCG comment that was a sarcastic joke aimed at you ppl in sydney who clutch at any excuse for poor attendance at games. One of them being sometimes yous have to change Trains.. :lol:
Jokes on you idiot.

Goddo

Bench
:lol::lol::lol: related to the the SCG comment that was a sarcastic joke aimed at you ppl in sydney who clutch at any excuse for poor attendance at games. One of them being sometimes yous have to change Trains.. :lol:
Jokes on you idiot.

You are the dumbest karmichael hunt around.