What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

simostorm

Bench
^^ you have the picture saved in your my documents file, that you bring out for when you need it?? You nerd lolz..

simostorm

Bench
No you are either baiting or so far up your own backside it's hilarious.

There is no other alternative.

Neither.. im simply pointing out that Melbourne has the best RL stadium in the world, and sydney have dismal stadiums for the home of RL.

Yous need a new one. One like Melbournes.

Red Bear

Referee
lolz.. SFS is junk. come down to Melbourne and view a game how League is meant to be viewed.
ktan118l.jpg

Are from Queensland by any chance? Seem to have that Queenslander attitude about you, desperately trying to prove yourself to big brother (NSW/Sydney).

No need for a pissing contest over the ground, the SFS is excellent, and the Melbourne ground seems impressive. Just be glad that you finally have a decent rectangular ground to watch the footy at, without all this f**king bollocks posted all over this site.

Pull you head in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I like SFS but the seats are too low pitch so you do feel a fair ways from the action. I prefer stadia with a steep pitch seating, pain to climb but great views and on top of the players.

Red Bear

Referee
I like SFS but the seats are too low pitch so you do feel a fair ways from the action. I prefer stadia with a steep pitch seating, pain to climb but great views and on top of the players.
sitting up the back on the halfway line on the side opposite the players tunnel is supurb, the amount of noise generated there is great and the view is excellent.

View from up the top is pretty damn good as well.

SFS always has a special part in my heart, having been to my first semi there (Norths vs Saints in 96) and many other great games of footy, including Anzac day 05-09 (especially 05/06), Tigers vs Parra last year, Tigers vs Saints semi in 05, Roosters vs Canterbury semi in 03 etc.

WireMan

Bench
Neither.. im simply pointing out that Melbourne has the best RL stadium in the world, and sydney have dismal stadiums for the home of RL.

Yous need a new one. One like Melbournes.

I've seen Rugby league at Old Trafford (Manchester), and Wembley (London). A small leaky stadium with a poncy roof is better than them?

I've watched a game during a downpour in a 100 year old stadium and not got wet. Good Atmos aswell.

Sydney do need a new stadium i feel, but they got to make it better than Melbournes.

2150_souLJA

Juniors
Why are you all fighting like a bunch of crack monkeys?

who cares who has the better stadium, you dont own these stadiums. isnt it for a fans the more good stadiums the better? I hope we get 2 world class stadiums in every capital city then host the world cup in 2018

Evenflow

Bench
Hang on. How've we let this go 3 pages without asking, Simostorm, have you actually been to the SFS or Suncorp?

I've been to all 3 and rate them Bubble Dome, Suncorp and then SFS but let me add i don't think there's all that much between them and love watching games from all of them.

As i've mentioned elsewhere, at Suncorp when you get to the higher seats you're just too far away from the action and is pretty crappy viewing if you have to sit there which i have. Lower tiers and facilities are excellent but if you're talking about the overall rating of a stadium especially when it comes to viewing which is by far the most important part then the upper levels have to be included.

Always loved the SFS and i think it's far too under utilised for what is the best RL ground in Sydney. Why they don't use it more often i'll never know but to me it's just wasted for the most part. The reason why i put it behind Melbourne is pretty much the same reason as PR said, the stands just aren't as steep and while still pretty close to the action to me i just think with the higher gradient of the stands at AAMI Park you feel that you're sitting much closer and looking over the playing field which is the clincher for me.

Those that are having a crack at the leaky roof are clutching at straws big time but i think you already know that ;-) They announced nearly 2 months ago that the roof wouldn't be fully sealed for the opening game and will take several more weeks to finish completely. I personally would've much rathered it open early at the risk of getting a bit wet than wait over another month until it was completely finished. People whinging here about a bit of water should either harden the f**k up or go and watch a summer sport like soccer where they won't need their poncho.

aarondoyle

Juniors

I agree. I went to the Australia vs NZ Anza1c test at the SCG in 2008. Great ground, and naturally not perfect as it was round not rectangular, but the view would have been improved imensely if the seating had been a little steeper. All the bottom tier rows felt like they were the seating from an old style movie theatre. Even the movie theatres know that steep seating gives a much better view.

From what I've seen of the SFS, it appears to have the same gentle slope down the bottom.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Always loved the SFS and i think it's far too under utilised for what is the best RL ground in Sydney. Why they don't use it more often i'll never know but to me it's just wasted for the most part.

I know the reasons why they don't, but I wish the Rabbitohs would make it their home ground.

morley101

Juniors
I heard that Penrith Stadium got some $ in last nights budget on the news.
Does anyone know any details ?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Sydney, the home of Rugby League.

Sydney, the home of the worlds worst Rugby League Stadiums.

Melbourne, The Home of Rugby Leagues finest World Class Stadium.

Sydney needs a 30k stadium, like Melbournes, for teams to play out of
owned by someone other then the clubs themselves.

One way to cut club costs is to get rid of playing at there own stupid stadiums. What a waste of money.

Sydney, the fans, the NRL deserve a world class stadium.
102 years later, Melbourne FINALLY gets a proper rugby league stadium. Good for you. You still need a good 10 or so to catch up to Sydney though ;)

bobmar28

Bench
I sat at the very top corner of the milton st side for the very first game versus newcastle, and they do not restrict much,.....just some of the scoreboard, which you have to duck a little to see all of.

thats it....not very restricting, and even tho they were the furtherest away, the view is not disappointing.

I chose my words carefully for those who have not sat in one.....its the last row but the view given that it was the last row, is not disappointing.

Suncorp is THE best rectangular ground in the country
by a while.....excellent, numerous, and fast outlets and bathrooms, ease of movement, station outside, very good capacity and atmosphere. If you say it isn't your sense of whats right in stadia is warped.

I can agree that based off the dimensions of the bubble, it would be a great viewing stadium too, but its 2nd to suncorp at most. I am impressed with the bubble. The stands ooze character, as does the roof.

It will be great when it's finished.