What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

simostorm

Bench
Broncos 4 of Lockyer, Hodges, Inglis and thaiday in 2011

vs Storms Big 4 of Smith, Slater, Cronk and Inglis of 2010

Which 4 would you prefer or think is better?

caylo

Bench
Storm big 4 is the spine, I would take that any day when building my team but realistically it isnt possible to build a team with the storms big 4 and have any quality anywhere else.

AuDragon

Juniors
Nothing beats having a spine of the quality of the Storm. There's a reason Inglis was the one to leave!

hellteam

First Grade
Storm easily.

Lockyer is a pensioner.
Hodges just came off a torn achilles, one of the most serious sporting injuries there is
Thaiday is a second rower
Inglis only shows up every 4 weeks (if you're lucky)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Brisbane. Easily. No way that team will finish last next year. News Ltd won't allow thier two babies to get sprung back to back.

boxhead

First Grade
They should add to this poll;
PARRAMATTA BIG 4
1. Jarryd Hayne
6. Hayne Plane
7. Hayne Train
9. Hayne Vein

Also, Storm for mine.

Moffo

Referee
Storm by the length of the flemington straight.

Pensioner, niggler, coward and gi. Wow

icewind

Juniors
i wouldn't put it quite like that, but Storm easily. 1, 7, 9 all covered. Now, if we had've gotten Smith that might be a different story

islandstyle

Juniors
Storm easily.

Lockyer is a pensioner.
Hodges just came off a torn achilles, one of the most serious sporting injuries there is
Thaiday is a second rower
Inglis only shows up every 4 weeks (if you're lucky)

Agreed with this.

The broncos 4 still have potential to rip it up though depending how well they gell together and how well they manage with injuries.

simostorm

Bench
Matty Elliot has always had abit of vision.. which is great to see in a comp that seems to have so little from almost everyone else.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27560973-5018851,00.html

But as rugby league again looks to Perth for possible expansion, Penrith coach Matt Elliot said the NRL needed to fight back by poaching one of the AFL's own.
"If we're going to go to Perth, I think we should steal Nic Naitanui," Elliot told BigPond Sports Weekend

Interesting to on the expansion bids.. Perth out in front by what this says.
NRL chief executive David Gallop has flagged Perth as a frontrunner for an expansion club. Naitanui is already one of Western Australia's most popular sports stars.

And more from Matty Elliot to help the Storm.
Elliott has long advocated poaching AFL talent and this year called on the league to headhunt Geelong superstar Gary Ablett to further establish the Melbourne Storm.

I always thought it would be a great idea to have a well known afl player at Melbourne, I would have liked to seen Storm snatch up Wayne Carey years back when he left the AFL. Everyone thought that was garbage at the time.. but it would bring some crowds in down in Melbourne.
Who cares how they play.. it woudl be worth the exposure.

The best guy i reckon the NRL should target.. the one that would lift this comp would be.. there CEO Andrew Demetriou. Throw 6 mil at him :p

Perth Red

Post Whore
He'd make a decent winger/centre if he can learn to tackle. Having said that Eagles are mega rich so NRL won't be able to afford him anyway. I'd rather we spent $600k+ on a Billy Slater or Jonathon Thurston or the best in England if we had that sort of money.

fourplay

Juniors
lol I would love to see how he reacts with Manu Vatuvei or Tony Williams running at him on the wing.