What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

VictoryFC

Bench
What an incredibly idiotic idea. "Steal a player"... wow, even more childish that the crap thats sprouted by AFL goons. And the Gary Ablett at Melbourne Storm thing pretty much confirms that Elliot should be banned from speaking about expansion, and the AFL.

The sport doesn't need gimmicks like poaching established stars from other sports to sustain a team in Perth. If people go to watch the AFL in western sydney, it won't be because Folau is playing - rest assured.

hellteam

First Grade
Matt Elliot --

gil01.gif

Cletus

First Grade
What an incredibly idiotic idea. "Steal a player"... wow, even more childish that the crap thats sprouted by AFL goons. And the Gary Ablett at Melbourne Storm thing pretty much confirms that Elliot should be banned from speaking about expansion, and the AFL.

The sport doesn't need gimmicks like poaching established stars from other sports to sustain a team in Perth. If people go to watch the AFL in western sydney, it won't be because Folau is playing - rest assured.

And if it's a West Coast or Fremantle player it will just piss off the AFL fans. I can't see any of them being good enough to change over with only a couple of years experience. Perth would be much better poaching a good NRL half and building a winning team. No one likes some wanker coming in and stealing there players, then telling them their code is going to destroy the locals favourite code. The Force do o.k. without that sh*t. Well they used to before they fell to bits.

_snafu_

Immortal
I've never heard of him either. There is no way an AFL player could play any position in the NRL. League is way too tough for those fairies.

We don't need to go tit-for-tat with them. They've made an extraordinarily poor decision in throwing exhorbitant amounts of money to NRL stars simply because they know their game is sh*t to us and they must find a way to get us interested.

Aint working. The reverse won't work either mainly because AFL players are stick insects with less meat on them than an Ethiopian cheeseburger.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nic Naitanui is built for AFL he's a beanpole and he'd get snapped in half playing league.

And as for Gaz, he's the highest paid AFL player next year so no chance. If he goes to the GC Suns, he'll be on over a million a year.

Natainui%204.jpg

nqcowboy87

Bench
Matty Elliot has always had abit of vision.. which is great to see in a comp that seems to have so little from almost everyone else.

But as rugby league again looks to Perth for possible expansion, Penrith coach Matt Elliot said the NRL needed to fight back by poaching one of the AFL's own.
"If we're going to go to Perth, I think we should steal Nic Naitanui," Elliot told BigPond Sports Weekend

Elliott has long advocated poaching AFL talent and this year called on the league to headhunt Geelong superstar Gary Ablett to further establish the Melbourne Storm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27560973-5018851,00.html
I always thought it would be a great idea to have a well known afl player at Melbourne, I would have liked to seen Storm snatch up Wayne Carey years back when he left the AFL. Everyone thought that was garbage at the time.. but it would bring some crowds in down in Melbourne.

:lol::lol::crazy::lol:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Nic Naitanui is built for AFL he's a beanpole and he'd get snapped in half playing league.

And as for Gaz, he's the highest paid AFL player next year so no chance. If he goes to the GC Suns, he'll be on over a million a year.

Natainui%204.jpg

f**k that singlet is an eyesore...

simostorm

Bench
You put Gary Ablett Jnr in a Storm jersey.. and AAMI Park would be sold out week in week out no matter how he plays..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
West Coast Eagles (Perth)

I think he's the only Polynesian player in the AFL
He is polynesian?

Really?

I would guess of African heritage, but it is a guess, as I have never heard of him, just going on the picture.

We do not need to grab an VFL player, we need to produce home grown green and gold quality from Victoriania and WA.

Once they see thier boys in Aussie colours many more will follow.

Not like they can in VFL.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He is polynesian?

Really?

I would guess of African heritage, but it is a guess, as I have never heard of him, just going on the picture.

We do not need to grab an VFL player, we need to produce home grown green and gold quality from Victoriania and WA.

Once they see thier boys in Aussie colours many more will follow.

Not like they can in VFL.

Naitanui and his twin brother Mark were born in Sydney to Fijian parents (His mother, Ateca and father Bola, are from Suvavou, a small village near Suva), just two years after they first migrated to Australia.[2] As a one year old, Nic’s father passed away contributing to Nic’s Mum’s decision to move her family to Perth, Western Australia where her brother lived.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nic_Naitanui