What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Team for next week

PIG

Juniors
1. McKinnon
2. Inu
3. B.Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. O'Dwyer
7. T.Smith
8. Peek
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindy
12. Robinson
13. Delaney

14. PJ
15. Widders
16. Tsolous
17. Lewis

* Assuming Morrisson isn't fit and Delaney, Tahu and Grothe are ready to go

Morris, Cayless need a stint in Premmies to work their way back in.

Suitman

Post Whore
At least O'Dwyer knows how to run into a gap.
I'd certainly give him another chance.

Suity

Pazza

First Grade
1.Mckinnon
2.Burt
3.Tahu
4.Smith
5.Grothe
6.Morris
7.Smith
8.Vella
9.Riddell
10.Tsoulos
11.Hindmarsh
12.Taia
13.Robinson

14.Marsh
15.Widders
16.Stringer (We need a experianced go forward man off the bench)
17.Cordoba

lucablight

First Grade
PIG I can't believe you can be critical of so many players (some deservedly so) and then have Peek in the starting side. Peek is in the same league as Graham. He just doesn't make enough metres for a prop.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like the team...But where's Vella? Certainly not our worst player out there yesterday!

And O'Dwyer at 5/8 could be interesting...

PIG

Juniors
lucablight said:
PIG I can't believe you can be critical of so many players (some deservedly so) and then have Peek in the starting side. Peek is in the same league as Graham. He just doesn't make enough metres for a prop.

Peeks solid and generally keeps the ruck tidy. There's next to no mistakes in his game. He aint the greatest prop going around by any means but he generally doesn't let ou down either.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Don't need anything too drastic. Cayless' impact wasn't obvious, but he had the highest involvement of any of our forwards... topped the tackle count with 32 and was the 2nd highest metre eater in the forwards with 111 metres. In today's heat, that was a pretty good effort. He wasn't the only player to come up with a dropped ball today either and it was only 1 at that. Also, if Tahu and Grothe return, their DHR's on the early tackle counts will take pressure off the props... we were sorely lacking in that department today.

Morris also had a high defensive work rate (30 tackles, 0 missed). Although he's improved a bit, Timmy's a liability in defence and so is Marsh (6 missed tackles today)... we have to have a five-eighth who can tackle, but can also provide a second option as a playmaker (O'Dwyer can handle the defence but not the playmaking). He's slowly improving after having a poor preparation to the season with a torn pec, and that needs to continue. He came up with a try assist and line break assist today, and provides another option with his boot.

I don't think Delaney should be thrown straight into 1st grade after 2 weeks off and a fairly limited preparation. Assuming Morrison is unavailable and the others are back I would go with the following line-up for next week.

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. B Smith (needs to get more involved)
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. T Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson (needs to get more involved)
13. O'Dwyer

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Vella
17. Lewis (great offloads today)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Peeps, trust me - Ben will be right, once he and Eric develop their combination again.

They communicated very well in both attack and defense and as soon as they both play a couple of games together, they'll both be better for it.

Suitman

Post Whore
eloquentEEL said:
Cayless' impact wasn't obvious, but he had the highest involvement of any of our forwards... topped the tackle count with 32 and was the 2nd highest metre eater in the forwards with 111 metres. In today's heat, that was a pretty good effort. He wasn't the only player to come up with a dropped ball today either and it was only 1 at that.

Throw all the stats at us that you want to.
Cayless just isn't cutting it.

In comparison, the Warriors are pretty ordinary but Steve Price makes his mark on EVERY game. He is the sort of player that is continually noticed.

That is what we expect of our fearless leader, not the soft rubbish he is dishing up at the moment.

Suity

parralight

Juniors
The team I would like to see

1. Mc Kinnon
2. Hayne
3. Delaney
4 Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. Smith

13. Wagon
12. Robinson
11. Hindy
10. JT
9. Riddell
8. Cayless

And some young fellas on the bench !!!!

Utey

Coach
Tough to pick...

1 Mckinnon
2 Burt
3 Tahu
4 Smith
5 Grothe
6 Morris
7 Smith
8 Caylo
9 Riddell
10 Stringer
11 Hindmarsh
12 ???
13 Wags

14 Marsh
15 Widders
16 Peek
17 Tsolous/Lewis ( I think both were half descent )

shaun

Juniors
1. Wade
2.Inu
3.Smith
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
6. Mateo
7.Smith
13.Delaney
12.Hindy
11.Robinson
10.Stringer
9.Riddell
8.Vella

14.PJ
15.Widders
16.Cannings
17.Hauraki/lewis

I know its not going to happen but thats my team for this week.

Hellsy

Immortal
PIG said:
1. McKinnon
2. Inu
3. B.Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. O'Dwyer
7. T.Smith
8. Peek
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Hindy
12. Robinson
13. Delaney

14. PJ
15. Widders
16. Tsolous
17. Lewis

* Assuming Morrisson isn't fit and Delaney, Tahu and Grothe are ready to go

Morris, Cayless need a stint in Premmies to work their way back in.

I like that team!
I agree Morris and Caylo need a stint in the lower grades or even just a week off

Hurriflatch

Referee
The Kneejerk reaction team

1. Joel Reddy
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Kris Inu
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Feleti Mateo
7. Tim Smith
8. Michael Vella
9. Mark Riddell
10. Josh Cordoba
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Henry Perenara
13. Brett Delaney

14. Marcus Perenara
15. Dean Widders
16. Brendan Oake
17. Justin Tsoulos

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
The Kneejerk reaction team

1. Joel Reddy
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Kris Inu
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Feleti Mateo
7. Tim Smith
8. Michael Vella
9. Mark Riddell
10. Josh Cordoba
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Henry Perenara
13. Brett Delaney

14. Marcus Perenara
15. Dean Widders
16. Brendan Oake
17. Justin Tsoulos

I think that's the "kneejerk reaction" team of the year, just quietly.

fish eel

Immortal
I think we need a bit of tinkering. No need to panic though. Need to get backl to the basic stuff had we did so well last year. Good hard runs forward by our front row.....pig and Marsh getting quickly out of dummy half and Hindy and Morro creating havoc on the fringes.

I thought Vella, again was good yesterday. Stringer will lead the way. Cayless needs a rocket, and I'd like to see Cordoba back in. Or Peek, he has never let us down. Pretty hard to judge the backline given the lack of go forward.

Latest posts