What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nafe - Gone !!

ozbash

Referee
I'm thoroughly pissed off to tell you the truth...

Butchers Club

The Junior Warriors are through to the Toyota Cup Grand Final.and arrive home today on flight nz136 at 5/35 pm

Trailing 10-nil at halftime against the Canterbury Bulldogs, John Acklands team unleashed a spirited second 40 minutes to win 23-16 and secure the club their second Grand Final appearnce .The Warriors 2002 NRL side made the Grand final.

Afghanistan born winger Omar Slaimankel scored two tries while halfback Shaun Johnson and fullback Glen Fisiiahi got the others.

Johnson kicked three conversions and a dropped goal. The match winning try by Fisiiahi came from a searing break by hooker and Warriors player of the year Nafe Seluini.

Seluini has been snapped up by Penrith for next season, signing a 2year deal. :shock:

The Warriors will play the winner of of to-nights match between minor premiers South Sydney and Canberra.

playdaball

Bench
Allen Mac mentioned it on Radio sport about 30 minutes ago.

Bad decision by Warriors - he should have been a priority re- signing

Juju

Juniors
I can't see how the club can't retain this kid - they released Hendo, so theres cash there. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Warmess

Juniors
Ouch. I'm kinda speechless as to how this could happen, especially given all the media recently about how we were supposedly keeping all the young Kiwi talent. Nafe was up there on young Kiwi talent and definitely a player the club could base their future around.

I'm guessing it comes from Heremaia sticking around for another year or two, and maybe Penrith can offer him a first grade shot sooner. He better do a Steve Rapira and come back!

Skinner

Coach
Don't know the details but this has been flagged for a while. Bloody shame, he has a huge future.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Can someone please post something negative about him (maybe poor attitude, lazy trainer, chronically injury-prone??) to make this news easier to understand?

blain

Juniors
WTF!!!!!!!!!! How can you let someone like him go when we are sitting on so much coin next season!! doesnt make sence.

Im guessing hohaia will play hooker though

Rich102

Staff member
Can someone please post something negative about him (maybe poor attitude, lazy trainer, chronically injury-prone??) to make this news easier to understand?

I'm thinking he may have smelly feet after a game. (Not much but may help.)

Iafeta

Referee
I posted this elsewhere, but as you can see I'm far from happy.

Go and get f'd, Warriors. Seriously, if this is the case then I would say Dean Bell is turning into a friggen laughing stock. We lose two of our best, if indifferent, outside back juniors, our best prop junior, and frankly, our best junior full stop?

Next thing we'll hear is Glen Fisiiahi, Sebastine Ikahihifo and Shaun Johnson are on their way elsewhere too.

Seluini should be the first of the Juniors to be tied to a long term deal. Absolutely disgraceful if true, and IMO, if it is true, for all our crowing that this season has been successful because of what the U20s have done, to lose the most likely superstar out of that lot says to me that the front office, which has criminally been our undoing since day dot with Ian Robson is still a load of bollocks.

Taniwha

Juniors
I'd say it'd be more Nafe's decision more than anything. Good opportunity for him and lucky panthers fans, a Iosefa / Seluini combinations gonna be lethal. We should still be happy with Heremaia, Mara and Godinet. He's got a good attitude and his talent is obvious, good luck to him and continue the Kiwi league uprising!

Iafeta

Referee
Godinet isn't signed to the Warriors to the best of my knowledge.

It should never have been Nafe's decision. From what I understand the Panthers were able to offer a lot more than we were. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN?

We release

Tate
Price
Royal
Henderson
Likiliki
Pat Ah Van

They're all gone from the first grade squad, and we've got Steve Rapira (surely he can't be on much), Mateo and Inu. There's NO WAY any sane management could be paying MORE in 2011 for the squad we have than the 2010 squad. Which should have left considerable dough to upgrade contracts. Nafe Seluini should have been the number one priority. THere is no way known to man that competent management could NOT have been in a position to offer Nafe more here at the Warriors than at any other club. There was talk a while ago that we had the dough to support Adam Blair, and in tht time we haven't made a solitary signing. Surely we have to be under the cap by a considerable margin for next year, which to me says, if the shytle they sproat about being a development club is true, then the top 4-5 juniors should have been easy retains.

Rich102

Staff member
Godinet isn't signed to the Warriors to the best of my knowledge.

It should never have been Nafe's decision. From what I understand the Panthers were able to offer a lot more than we were. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN?

We release

Tate
Price
Royal
Henderson
Likiliki
Pat Ah Van

They're all gone from the first grade squad, and we've got Steve Rapira (surely he can't be on much), Mateo and Inu. There's NO WAY any sane management could be paying MORE in 2011 for the squad we have than the 2010 squad. Which should have left considerable dough to upgrade contracts. Nafe Seluini should have been the number one priority. THere is no way known to man that competent management could NOT have been in a position to offer Nafe more here at the Warriors than at any other club. There was talk a while ago that we had the dough to support Adam Blair, and in tht time we haven't made a solitary signing. Surely we have to be under the cap by a considerable margin for next year, which to me says, if the shytle they sproat about being a development club is true, then the top 4-5 juniors should have been easy retains.

I agree with all you say. However you have to also factor in Manu's upgraded contract. There must still be money in the kitty though. (Maybe they will buy a superstar Aussie winger?)