What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL

thorson1987

Coach
No one on this forum is debating that fact but the majority of the fans with any common sense can see there are good players in Union who'd go alright in either code, where as there's a few in here who think Union is such a sub standard sport even they could make it

I would have loved to see O'Driscoll, O'connell and even Stringer (in there prime obviously) have a crack.

Out of the Wallabies though would probably be O'Connor and i would love to see Barnes back. Also Samo for the cult hero factor (has a bit of toe as he showed in the Bloody-slow match.

aqua_duck

Coach
What point are you trying to make aqua_duck, RL fans have known since day dot in 1895 that union players can handle League.

Union fans are still struggling with league players playing their game and it has nothing to do with who they are or the amount of games they've played. It has everything to do with where they came from.

Find me one post in this thread where anyone has raised any issues with league players, theres dozen of posts that are contrary to your first point

aqua_duck

Coach
I would have loved to see O'Driscoll, O'connell and even Stringer (in there prime obviously) have a crack.

Out of the Wallabies though would probably be O'Connor and i would love to see Barnes back. Also Samo for the cult hero factor (has a bit of toe as he showed in the Bloody-slow match.

I'd love to see a few of the young Welsh boys, namely Feratau, George North(would still be eligible for NYC next year), Sam Warburton and Jamie Roberts.
Also a few of the Saffers would give it a good shot, Francois Steyn, JP Pietersen, Heinrich Brussow, Pierre Spies, and Jacque Fourie.
Out of the Wallabies, I'd say Ioane, O'Connor, Barnes, Beale and maybe even a Scott Higginbotham would be able to handle 1st grade given a solid pre season

Loudstrat

Coach
You claimed League players were sooooo much better and yet he didnt make a difference... shows you how full of shit you are.
The fact that Tequiri had 6 fat yuppies inside him who think a winger is a friend who will take the ugly girl while you court the prettier one.

Anyway, after 5 years in Union, Lote was Yawnionised. He's come back half the player he was.

Prove I didnt say something??? are you really geniused???? you cant prove a negative you moron..
You are whinging at the allegation, not me sunshine. back your claims up/

You keep coming back to that dont you.. you cant back up any of your claims so you deflect ... its the sign of a loser.. thats all you will ever be... and i keep coming back because it obviously annoys you so very much.
Feel free to annoy me in a thread about Rugby League anytime you wish.

mate I had no trouble watch it on FTA last night....
Yes my bad. It was on FTA after all. My mistake came from the ABC radio who said that Grandstand wouldnt cover it. Given that Grandstand would happily cover Union over League whenever they can justify it, I was surprised that they thought that talkback hour was the better option.

comparing super rugby to origin shows how much you know.
There's 5 Aussie super rugby franchises who field 22 players a week over 16 matches, thats 1760 caps available throughout a season, origin, there's 51 caps available throughout a season, doesn't change the fact that Chambers was a very good centre, good enough to be included in a team that was $1 million over the cap, yet he's not made it in union.
I mean Sam Harris played 64 1st grade games and a city/country game, yet I'd hardly say he 'made it'
Comparing Chambers to any Origin cap is laughable, considering that there are two more spots available for people to represent Queensland in Union than League. BTW your maths attempt is impressive although, unless they change players every team, your maths is f*cked.

Even implying that Chambers was reason that Melbourne were intent on blowing the Murdoch family fortune shows how utterly desperate you are to win a point for the rugger buggers. Even at your tie and blazer private school you must have learned logic? Or did you send the butler in your place that day?

aqua_duck

Coach
Mate I never claimed any of what you said I did. All I said was:
A.there are alot more opportunities available rack up super rugby caps than origin caps
B.Will Chambers was a bloody decent centre in league

typicalfan

Coach
Mate I never claimed any of what you said I did. All I said was:
A.there are alot more opportunities available rack up super rugby caps than origin caps
B.Will Chambers was a bloody decent centre in league
He was okay at club level and origin representation was out of his reach. And as you said it wasn't as though the Storm played by the rules, if they wanted him they would have kept him at the time.

So what you are saying is the path to the highest level is easier in Union as opposed to League, in Australia anyway. Origin jerseys are exclusive and only the top end players get a spot in the sides.

This is one reason why most Union players will have a ???

There are always exceptions but this is why the structures are in place the way they are and why Rugby League is stronger than Rugby Union in Australia especially playing depth wise.

While some current Wallabies may crack a few squads I doubt anymore than 1 or 2 could make origin or beyond.

Loudstrat

Coach
This is actually what you said
Will Chambers went over fresh from winning a grand final and couldn't get a game by the end of his stint
Which is utter crap, because his stint is still going, it just happens to be in Ireland. Read this:

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/9367.php

Munster today announced that they have signed Queensland Reds Centre/Wing Will Chambers on a short term contract subject to being granted a valid work permit and undergoing medical and fitness clearance.

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...by : News : Queensland Red For Munster&src=sp

The 23 year old (6'3") spent the past two seasons with the current Super 15 champions and prior to that played Rugby League with Melbourne Storm.

He made his Super Rugby debut off the bench against NSW Waratahs in Feb 2010 in the Suncorp Stadium but soon after cemented his place as first choice centre ending that season as joint leading try scorer.

Tony McGahan: "We're delighted to be able to secure the services of a quality player whose experience gleaned at Super 15 club level will stand us in good stead in the immediate future while our players are on RWC duty and in the crucial period of the Heineken Cup Pool stages."

So he sank without a trace? What about the bit about being leading tryscorer?

Stop hiding behind the "I believe all codes have good athletes" crap when you only promote and admire the Union ones in this discussion.

Te Kaha

First Grade
The fact that Tequiri had 6 fat yuppies inside him who think a winger is a friend who will take the ugly girl while you court the prettier one.

Anyway, after 5 years in Union, Lote was Yawnionised. He's come back half the player he was.
But according to you Legaue players are sooo much better.. how come he couldnt beat the other teams on his own???

You are whinging at the allegation, not me sunshine. back your claims up/
how geniused are you? really? Im serious... asking someone to "prove" they didnt post something... honestly thats just dumb.. even by your standards.

Canard

Immortal
Find me one post in this thread where anyone has raised any issues with league players, theres dozen of posts that are contrary to your first point

What about the countless posts by your Union snobs, about how Uate is a hack and would struggle in Union and isn't really that talented?

Te Kaha

First Grade
What about the countless posts by your Union snobs, about how Uate is a hack and would struggle in Union and isn't really that talented?

Where are they? thats the second time you have made a claim about people posting... you have failed to provide any proof of that claim.

Canard

Immortal
Where are they? thats the second time you have made a claim about people posting... you have failed to provide any proof of that claim.

See here:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=393165&page=9

You and your Union sooky mates, claiming Uate would be no threat in Union, and going through a list of top league players (Slater etc.) and claiming how they would fail in Union.

Yet if, GOD HELP US, some mungo mentions that O'Connor might be about 30kgs to light to play in the Centres in League then, "What a bunch of uneducated bogans League fans are"

Te Kaha

First Grade
See here:

You and your Union sooky mates, claiming Uate would be no threat in Union, and going through a list of top league players (Slater etc.) and claiming how they would fail in Union.

Yet if, GOD HELP US, some mungo mentions that O'Connor might be about 30kgs to light to play in the Centres in League then, "What a bunch of uneducated bogans League fans are"

Rubbish... come on provide some actual evidence of your claims.

typicalfan

Coach
Funny they talked about Uate and defense. I remember Cooper Vuna playing for the same side and his defense was far worse than Uate yet Vuna was actually praised this season for his defense while playing for the Rebels.

crocodile

Bench
See here:

Seeing as though I'm up for a special mention;

"Look at the link you genius, see posters Crocodile and Aqua Duck"

Go on smartarse, show me where I said any aforementioned player would fail in union. I expect you won't because it isn't there. Of course you can still make up another fairy story.

Pathetic, what a dopey arsewipe.

I would only take Barnes back to NRL and Beale who played a heap of junior rugby league. The rest would struggle.

We have to be worried more about another poaching raid from the ARU. For mine : Slatter, Hayne, Hodges, Lawrence, Jennings, Thurston, Uate and Inglis would walk into the current Wallabies side and easilly be at least two classes above the players they would replace. There are probably a lot of other league backs that I left out that would be better players than the current Wallabies backline.

If I was running the ARU (and I hate rugby as a sport) the players mentioned above would be at the top of my list to recruit, especially centres as the Wallabies centres are useless.

As for forwards it is harder to make the move from league to union but I think there are plently of backrowers in the NRL that would make great breakaways in rugby. I don't think any player playing NRL has the right bodyshape to be a prop in union.

thorson1987

Coach
I would only take Barnes back to NRL and Beale who played a heap of junior rugby league. The rest would struggle.

We have to be worried more about another poaching raid from the ARU. For mine : Slatter, Hayne, Hodges, Lawrence, Jennings, Thurston, Uate and Inglis would walk into the current Wallabies side and easilly be at least two classes above the players they would replace. There are probably a lot of other league backs that I left out that would be better players than the current Wallabies backline.

If I was running the ARU (and I hate rugby as a sport) the players mentioned above would be at the top of my list to recruit, especially centres as the Wallabies centres are useless.

As for forwards it is harder to make the move from league to union but I think there are plently of backrowers in the NRL that would make great breakaways in rugby. I don't think any player playing NRL has the right bodyshape to be a prop in union.

ummmm, George Rose.

WAPAU

Juniors
Rougerie is a bit hot and cold but. He was pretty damn good tonight however.

Keiran Reid and Jerome Kaino would tear up in the NRL. Those blokes are two of the strongest ball carriers I have ever seen.

From australia you would take beale, Barnes, O'Connor, Pocock.

The saffa hougaard would also be good.