What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL

Thomas

First Grade
League wingers are often forced to make more tackles and more decisions in defense than their Union counterparts so it stands to reason someone like Uate would be a far better defender than Ioane. And Ioane is one of the bigger outside backs for the Wallabies but compared to Uate he is a lightweight. I don't see it being important, Uate couldn't possibly be a worse kicker of the ball than Sailor and he played plenty of games for Australia in Union. Uate would more than make up for it with better positioning in receiving kicks and being well and truly more powerful.

:?

He's 179cm and 93kgs. He's a lightweight in union too. On Friday night he was marking George North from Wales who is 192cm and 100kgs.

c2105909

Juniors
Robbie Fruean from the Crusaders would make a gun centre in league. Very explosive player.

Lockyer would've made a sensational No. 10 in Rugby. I can see the NZRU making a big play for Shaun Johnson in years to come.

Loudstrat

Coach
How much do you currently make a year? You could probably make 10 times that if you started playing rugby and showed those amateurs how it's done
What's my salary got to do with it numbnuts? It doesnt take supreme talent and Mensa level intellect to work out that if you are making 0 meters with hit up (or waddle up or whatever you call it in Yawnion) you are better off spining the ball out wide where there is more room. We saw that on the weekend ffs.

There is no logic in the semi finals tactic by Wales and Australia when, in the last 5 minutes and needing points, the ball gets passed to the next bloke and he runs to the defence and falls over in front of them!

Any RL halfback knows that. And the odd Yawnion halfbacks that tried it in the WC confirmed it!

EA - I agree. I took more of an interest in the Wallabies in the days when Horan and Little were centres, who came after the Ella era, when backs would run the ball and make ground. I remember thinking - as did every one else on the planet - that both would be top class aquisitions for any RL club. Campo was the same. That's why good money was spent on backs such as Leeds, O'Connor, Papworth etc. Alhough still slower, Union was ok back then.

It's f*cking shit now though.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I agree with loudy, f**k union! Its batshit boring to watch fat merkins run into each other, with some little prick kicking penalties and field goals all game.

aqua_duck

Coach
I agree with loudy, f**k union! Its batshit boring to watch fat merkins run into each other, with some little prick kicking penalties and field goals all game.

There's no one forcing you to watch it or comment on it

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
There is no one forcing you to be a troll on this website either!

Sadly, Union's "massive" popularity around the world has not led to the formation of one website that you can find. :lol:

aqua_duck

Coach
What's my salary got to do with it numbnuts? It doesnt take supreme talent and Mensa level intellect to work out that if you are making 0 meters with hit up (or waddle up or whatever you call it in Yawnion) you are better off spining the ball out wide where there is more room. We saw that on the weekend ffs.

There is no logic in the semi finals tactic by Wales and Australia when, in the last 5 minutes and needing points, the ball gets passed to the next bloke and he runs to the defence and falls over in front of them!

Any RL halfback knows that. And the odd Yawnion halfbacks that tried it in the WC confirmed it!

EA - I agree. I took more of an interest in the Wallabies in the days when Horan and Little were centres, who came after the Ella era, when backs would run the ball and make ground. I remember thinking - as did every one else on the planet - that both would be top class aquisitions for any RL club. Campo was the same. That's why good money was spent on backs such as Leeds, O'Connor, Papworth etc. Alhough still slower, Union was ok back then.

It's f*cking shit now though.
Mate the way you put down rugby players makes me think you could do better, if that's the case why don't you give it a go and make 500k a year whilst living in the south of France.

Loudstrat

Coach
Why dont you f*ck off the France rather than shove your sh*t sport down our throats!

Apart from the obvious fitness thing, the south of France is hardly going to entice me from where I live.

Besides, this thread is about which Yawmion players would one like to see in the NRL, not which LU posters one would like to see playing snoreball in France.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Loudstrat is too fat to play sport and he's mid 30s and working for a minimum wage so don't be too hard on the bloke. The forums are the only place where he can vent his anger

Brutus

Referee
article-1066311-029997F50000044D-641_224x390.jpg

This bloke had a great onion world cup, but I doubt he'd cut it in the NRL as a starting forward.

gutterfax

First Grade
article-1066311-029997F50000044D-641_224x390.jpg

This bloke had a great onion world cup, but I doubt he'd cut it in the NRL as a starting forward.

Please tell me you know who that is.......his voice used to be (might still be) that of the "options" when you phone St Helens.
He is a Rugby League Nut who has "PLAYED" for St Helens......

1272989.jpg

....please, tell me you knew that :D

Brutus

Referee
Please tell me you know who that is.......his voice used to be (might still be) that of the "options" when you phone St Helens.
He is a Rugby League Nut who has "PLAYED" for St Helens......

1272989.jpg

....please, tell me you knew that :D

This Scottish RU legend may struggle a little in the NRL

fat-bastard.jpg

gutterfax

First Grade
Brutus.....please tell me you knew who that fat bloke was BEFORE you posted it. :cool:

As far as I know, Mike Myers has no interest in either code........unlike the fat bloke you (i suspect) randomly picked out earlier to try and make a funny....:crazy: