What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL

A team you f*cking dimwit. Was Tequiri a team?

You also claimed Union 7's players chose not to play Super 12 because they were better. You also claimed they were fitter than NRL players. Rather than whinge about "context" (I dont know how to fit 11 pages into one quote), prove where you DIDNT say that!

You were owned, fleece boy. Your Union agenda is laughable. Tell me again why you are on a League forum? The Warriros recently made a GF and I cannot recall one post from you in that era. Yet someone says something disparaging about the f*cking Bore Blacks and you are all over this like it's the mulesing debate.

And whoever held up Will Chambers as a League champion because he was lucky enough to play in a GF - I'll link that story to Duncan Macrae. Like Chambers - a try hard in League. Yet before he could say "How much is a new Volvo" he's playing rep yawnion! :lol::lol:

Nah, he's a Rugby League fan, he must be. Even though I've never read one single pro-Rugby League post from him and every post I've read of his is defending Rugby Union, he is a moderator in the international section of this forum, so he must be a Rugby League fan......

I'd like to see a Rugby League pick from the NRL team play Union 7's.

Based on what Keebra Park did to Union's best schools, I'd be putting my money on our guys...

Which is more than the amount of games Greg Inglis has played for QLD, for a little perspective. Inglis 15, Thurston 20.

The bottom line is that since the turn of the century, the vast majority of big-name NRL players who've gone to Union have been successful.

Union people absoluely hate it and will atempt to pull anyone who hasn't played 60 tests for the Wallabies as proof they don't make the change well...

You should read them criticising even Tuquiri, Sailor and Rogers at Union's biggest forum. Laugh a minute. Blokes who played 50 odd Union tests were hopeless apparently...

Last edited:

Butters

Bench
And Aqua duck - Australia just played Wales in a final (albeit fior 3rd place). Couldnt even get on FTA :lol:

WOHQD.gif

aqua_duck

Coach
I thought Will Chambers played for the Qld Reds. Never made it to QLD in Rugby League though.

comparing super rugby to origin shows how much you know.
There's 5 Aussie super rugby franchises who field 22 players a week over 16 matches, thats 1760 caps available throughout a season, origin, there's 51 caps available throughout a season, doesn't change the fact that Chambers was a very good centre, good enough to be included in a team that was $1 million over the cap, yet he's not made it in union.
I mean Sam Harris played 64 1st grade games and a city/country game, yet I'd hardly say he 'made it'

aqua_duck

Coach
The bottom line is that since the turn of the century, the vast majority of big-name NRL players who've gone to Union have been successful.

Union people absoluely hate it and will atempt to pull anyone who hasn't played 60 tests for the Wallabies as proof they don't make the change well...

You should read them criticising even Tuquiri, Sailor and Rogers at Union's biggest forum. Laugh a minute. Blokes who played 50 odd Union tests were hopeless apparently...

ofcourse they've been successful, but it doesn't make Union any less of a sport, its not like Union took chicken shit and turned them into chicken salad, they took the best backs we have on offer at the time and those guys did well for themselves, why is that a big surprise to anyone?

ofcourse they've been successful, but it doesn't make Union any less of a sport, its not like Union took chicken shit and turned them into chicken salad, they took the best backs we have on offer at the time and those guys did well for themselves, why is that a big surprise to anyone?

Don't tell me, I already know they were successful, just pointing out that not every Union fan thinks they were. Which is sad really, because I can't think of one Australian Rugby League player who's played 10 or more Tests that I think wasn't a success...

It's all to do with the class thing, even when they were playing Union they were "Leaguies"...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Don't tell me, I already know they were successful, just pointing out that not every Union fan thinks they were. Which is sad really, because I can't think of one Australian Rugby League player who's played 10 or more Tests that I think wasn't a success...

It's all to do with the class thing, even when they were playing Union they were "Leaguies"...

Mvngos mate, mvngos :lol::lol::lol:

aqua_duck

Coach

on the same token Jared Warea Hargreaves went from club rugby to kiwi test side in about 18 months, Matthew Ridge and Ricky Stuart were two of the best players in their respective positions in the 90's, Inga Tuigamala was a cult hero when he played for Wigan, the motto of the story is that a good athlete is a good athlete whichever sport they play, unfortunately that point is lost on some people who like to think that they're more masculine and have a bigger penis because they only choose to watch league (or only choose to watch union) and choose to bury their heads in the sand

typicalfan

Coach
comparing super rugby to origin shows how much you know.
There's 5 Aussie super rugby franchises who field 22 players a week over 16 matches, thats 1760 caps available throughout a season, origin, there's 51 caps available throughout a season, doesn't change the fact that Chambers was a very good centre, good enough to be included in a team that was $1 million over the cap, yet he's not made it in union.
I mean Sam Harris played 64 1st grade games and a city/country game, yet I'd hardly say he 'made it'
Maybe so but what doesn't change between the two is that they are a representation of the highest level outside of National level.

Um hello, he was good enough to play at club level for Melbourne, but he didn't "make it" in Rugby Union despite playing 23 times for QLD?

Based on that information I would say he was a lot closer to cracking the Wallabies side than the Kangaroos side.

And big deal that he was "good" enough to play for Melbourne, don't forget Melbourne have a habit of turning nobodies into somebodies. It wasn't as though those Storm sides were wall to wall stars. Steve Turner, need I say more?

typicalfan

Coach
on the same token Jared Warea Hargreaves went from club rugby to kiwi test side in about 18 months, Matthew Ridge and Ricky Stuart were two of the best players in their respective positions in the 90's, Inga Tuigamala was a cult hero when he played for Wigan, the motto of the story is that a good athlete is a good athlete whichever sport they play, unfortunately that point is lost on some people who like to think that they're more masculine and have a bigger penis because they only choose to watch league (or only choose to watch union) and choose to bury their heads in the sand
Ricky Stuart had a strong League background before taking up Union in college, and got himself on tour with the Wallabies. Didn't take him long to make an impact but his heart was with League.

Ridge would have been the All Blacks number 15 if he hadn't have signed with League. He was second in line to the jersey at the time and the guy ahead of him chased the dollars not long after.

It took Ridge until the Super League era to actually get his opportunity as the Kiwis fullback. So an extra 5 years.

aqua_duck

Coach
Maybe so but what doesn't change between the two is that they are a representation of the highest level outside of National level.

Um hello, he was good enough to play at club level for Melbourne, but he didn't "make it" in Rugby Union despite playing 23 times for QLD?

Based on that information I would say he was a lot closer to cracking the Wallabies side than the Kangaroos side
What is it that you can't understand about the two sports being different, and having different structures, there's 5 super rugby franchises who field 22 players everyweek, there's 2 origin teams who field 17 players 3 times a year, ofcourse it's harder to get an origin cap. Playing off the bench in super 15 is hardly what you'd call close to national selection. I mean Will Chambers must've been semi decent to get named in am emerging Qld squad at the age of 20, the bloke wasn't exactly a hack in league and in 2 season in rugby impressed everyone so much the reds didn't even offer him a contract

thorson1987

Coach

I think you will see that he is saying union fans say they were unsuccessful.

The way i see it, anyone who plays for their country (in an sport) is successful, which unfortunately rules out the Victorians. :D

aqua_duck

Coach
Ricky Stuart had a strong League background before taking up Union in college, and got himself on tour with the Wallabies. Didn't take him long to make an impact but his heart was with League.

Ridge would have been the All Blacks number 15 if he hadn't have signed with League. He was second in line to the jersey at the time and the guy ahead of him chased the dollars not long after.

It took Ridge until the Super League era to actually get his opportunity as the Kiwis fullback. So an extra 5 years.

Mat Rogers had a strong Union background, as did Ben Kennedy, Ray Price, Wally Lewis, Michael O'Connor, Scott Gouley, etc. It didnt make them any less brilliant in league. What point are you trying to make anyway?

aqua_duck

Coach
I think you will see that he is saying union fans say they were unsuccessful.

The way i see it, anyone who plays for their country (in an sport) is successful, which unfortunately rules out the Victorians. :D

No one on this forum is debating that fact but the majority of the fans with any common sense can see there are good players in Union who'd go alright in either code, where as there's a few in here who think Union is such a sub standard sport even they could make it

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
What point are you trying to make aqua_duck, RL fans have known since day dot in 1895 that union players can handle League.

Union fans are still struggling with league players playing their game and it has nothing to do with who they are or the amount of games they've played. It has everything to do with where they came from.