What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your \"hard bastard\" 17 of all time

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think you are talking about John "Dallas" Donnelly, seen him punch the shit out of Kurt Sorensen at Lidcombe Oval.

You mean the same Kurt Sorenson that made up Perth Reds top 5 of the last 35 years?

Not even the toughest in his family.......

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
from the knights I'd have to single out a few:

Ben Kennedy - played the last 5 years of his career with multiple injuries but didn't show it.

Danny Buderus - played above his weight similar to Toovey in the regard. Popped his shoulder repeatable in a final and kept putting it back in himself.

Paul Harragon - threw himself at the opposition with no fear. Played for years with a completely stuffed knee. After he retired he played a game of golf and apparently couldn't walk for 3 weeks as a result.

Life's Good

Coach
Quite preposterous that Ben Creagh hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

I'll give the posters from 2003 a pass since he wasn't to debut for another 2 seasons.... although I think even then we could feel a disturbance in the force about what was about to come.
Actually Creagh did debut in 2003.
Anyway, what's with the Creagh hate, did he sleep with your girlfriend??

Nerd

Bench
Les Davidson. I think in two different games in the same season he bashed one St George front rower in one game and in the next game belted the other one.

colly

Juniors
Rod Wishard for/on the wing. Still remember a try in Wollogong where he plowed over several defenders to score. A straight runner!

typicalfan

Coach
1. Garry Jack
2. Eric Grothe
3. Mal Meninga
4. Ruben Wiki
5. Luke Lewis
6. Wally Lewis
7. Andrew Johns
8. Adrian Morley
9. Jason Hetherington
10. James Graham
11. Solomon Haumono
12. Tawera Nikau
13. Sam Burgess

14. Gavin Miller
15. Kevin Campion
16. Kieran Foran
17. Peter Wallace

Life's Good

Coach
Les Davidson. I think in two different games in the same season he bashed one St George front rower in one game and in the next game belted the other one.
It was at Shark Park on a sh*tty wet night(I was in the crowd). He landed one on Jason Stevens.

TheFrog

Coach
Chris Mortimer was the toughest player I've ever seen. Not dirty, just tough. Peter Wallace is the closest equivalent currently playing.

TheFrog

Coach
Toiugh does not mean you go around belting people, otherwise Les Boyd would be the toughest of all time. Tough means you can get belted and get up as if nothing happened.

Nerd

Bench
Toiugh does not mean you go around belting people, otherwise Les Boyd would be the toughest of all time. Tough means you can get belted and get up as if nothing happened.
Disagree on the analogy with Les Boyd. Boyd was a cheap shot merchant, Les Davidson stood in front of you then gave it to you.