What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nate Myles the modern day Julian O'Neill

Parra

Referee
It's a conspiracy.

AFL players sh*t it the hallway at 8am all the time and it's literally swept under the carpet.

Moffo

Referee
After hearing more on the story I sort of agree with you that it isn't as bad as first thought, although the headlines are rightfully damaging. He was obviously caught with his pants down left and with few options. What a horrible situation to be in and when you've got to go, you've got to go. Julian O'Neill obviously planned his turd, Myles was left stranded.

But the fact is they were most probably pissed and making a racket at 4am in the morning, forcing people to complain. Stuff like this is bound to happen.

I think complete embarrassment in public situations from now on will far outweigh any suspension as the greater punishment for Myles into the future.

Imagine if the CCTV footage got out.

This is rugby league, there's every possibility.

He had to be suspended and the Roosters as a club need to flush out the crap (pardon the pun). If they do end up signing Todd Carney they might as well pack it in. I have faith in Steve Noyce and I doubt he will do that.

look mate i know you love your league but this is an absolute shocker. myles should be punted no questions, his cover up is going to make it look even worse. most pathetic story i've ever heard

what did o'neill get for shatting in schlossys shoe?

Brutus

Referee
Apparently Tracey Grimshaw will be conducting a hard-hitting interview with Myles tonight on ACA about 'that crap'.

Myles will be refusing to answer any questions on the night as a whole and will only talk about the crap itself.

Should be one of Grimshaw's toughest assignments.

Last edited:
The NRL went on the front foot by outing the story ASAP. This stopped the rumours and the journo digging. The complaint from the hotel went straight to the NRL and they acted immediately because they knew they had no other alternative.

Had the hotel complaint gone straight to the AFL there would be no story, because the AFL would be confident enough to keep it under wraps in the knowledge that the Melbourne media wouldn't go digging on any rumours that may be out there.

True, and I guess with the Tuquiri getting the arse and the actual reason not being made public, we can safely assume that of the three codes, only one has anything that resembles transparency....

Apparently Tracey Grimshaw will be conducting a hard-hitting interview with Myles tonight on ACA about 'that crap'.

Myles will be refusing to answer any questions on the night as a whole and will only talk about the crap itself.

Should be one of Grimshaw's toughest assignments.

But the turd has offered itself for interview, for only 15k...

Brutus

Referee
look mate i know you love your league but this is an absolute shocker. myles should be punted no questions, his cover up is going to make it look even worse. most pathetic story i've ever heard

what did o'neill get for shatting in schlossys shoe?

I said it in my earlier posts that he should be punted no questions. Headlines are shocking and will forever be used to soil the game's reputation.

But I can understand dwarf-head's predicament at the time. The fool only has himself to blame.

This is one instance where the media have every right to go to town on the story.

Brutus

Referee
It's a conspiracy.

AFL players sh*t it the hallway at 8am all the time and it's literally swept under the carpet.

Either that or they pay offer money to defecate on strippers in front on their teammates.

Please refer to the CULTURE TO DESPISE thread.

Azkatro

First Grade
I feel bad for the poor bloke. Firstly, even though he's an NRL player, I'm not going to begrudge him a drinking session. None of them had any dramas while out so they were obviously doing the right thing. And this is hardly the first I've ever heard of someone getting caught outside their hotel room in a state of undress... and Nate had the extreme misfortune of getting caught in such a situation with bowel issues? I mean can you imagine how embarrassed the bloke would have been having to do his business in a hotel hallway?

As embarrassed as any of us would be, at least we wouldn't have to suffer the further ignominy of having graphic details of the incident all over the news the following day. I know you lot all think it's a big laugh, but fair dinkum, how bad must the poor guy feel?

Seriously, think about it .. he finished drinking at 4am, then it all happened at 8am. Is anyone seriously going to try and convince me that it all happened because he was being a drunken lout? He probably would have just woken up and felt like we've all felt after 4 hours sleep with that seedy post-alcohol feeling. And then all that happens to him! Now headlines, disgrace, and massive fines. I seriously hate what this society has become.

Parra

Referee
True, and I guess with the Tuquiri getting the arse and the actual reason not being made public, we can safely assume that of the three codes, only one has anything that resembles transparency....

Bit hard not to when your phone rings with another crap story.

What can be hidden, is and will be - holds true for sport, business, politics & religion.

The best thing the NRL/Easts have done this time is come out with the story,penalty & consensus in one hit. That way, the story does not become a week long saga.

That's not transparency - but it is good media management. Get it all over and done with in one hit.

FFS you no nothings who are claiming he was still suffering the effects of his stomach bug, that was well over a week and a half ago. He'd have been well and truly over it so can that defence.

He was pissed and acted like a moron and is very lucky to have a job.

We deserve to get slammed over this, while f**ktards like Myles act like this league will always be seen as the rabble of proffessional sports.

Bit hard not to when your phone rings with another crap story.

What can be hidden, is and will be - holds true for sport, business, politics & religion.

The best thing the NRL/Easts have done this time is come out with the story,penalty & consensus in one hit. That way, the story does not become a week long saga.

That's not transparency - but it is good media management. Get it all over and done with in one hit.

Well yeah, it is transparency.

What should happen is the codes that hide/deny/shuffle these stories are made to pay a much higher price in the long run.

But they don't, do they?

Not in Australia anyway.

Lego_Man

First Grade
An AFL mole spiked his food/drink with laxative - oldest trick in the book.

That's the real story here folks.

Parra

Referee
Transparency usually refers to a process, so everyone can see how/why a decision was reached. Owning up to something, or acting decisively are not 'transparent' necessarily.

Getting on the front foot is not transparency. It is smart though, and beats the hell out of sitting back and waiting for the hits. It also beats the usual garbage of deny/investigate/penalise/argue/ratify.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Makes me glad as a 'Dogs fan we got rid of idiots like this.

Brutus

Referee
Nice photo of Myles in the squatting position on the back page of the Daily Astonisher. :lol:

On the front page they call it Origin Scandal: QLD Dump Myles.

It's certainly not an Origin scandal because it had nothing to do with Origin, but that doesn't stop the Astonisher. I guess they had to get the word 'dump' in there somewhere.

The guy will forever be shamed and he's only got himself to blame. Idiot.